Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah, Hyperdimension Neptunia. A game series that represents everything wrong with Japanese RPGs in a way that would make Ni No Kuni blush. And yet I still end up buying them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah, Hyperdimension Neptunia. A game series that represents everything wrong with Japanese RPGs in a way that would make Ni No Kuni blush. And yet I still end up buying them.

Theres a hyper game out at the end of the month called noire that looks like a srpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Theres a hyper game out at the end of the month called noire that looks like a srpg

Feck sake they keep multiplying.

(Updates 'to buy' list in secret).

Feck sake they keep multiplying.

(Updates 'to buy' list in secret).

:D

*updates list too*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NIS America will be doing their yearly game reveal tomorrow, nothing leaked yet but they always announce their biggest titles on the 18th.

SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker confirmed for 5th May in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker confirmed for 5th May in the US.

I didn't enjoy 2 as much as the first game. It improved on the branching story arcs but it lacked the charm/characters of the original. Also has massive difficulty spikes (usually around the bosses which could be arbitrary at the best of times). Still a good game mind.

Haven't played Overclocked yet but I reckon that might be the way to go if its going cheap.

Survivor 2 also had "boobs don't work that way!" Art.

Xenji wrote: »
    NIS America will be doing their yearly game reveal tomorrow, nothing leaked yet but they always announce their biggest titles on the 18th.

Hopefully they announce some stuff for the vita

• Advertisement

Hopefully they announce some stuff for the vita

I reckon that there will be Disgaea 5 and a new Danganronpa game, more than likely Another Episode and that they will be distributing Steins;Gate. I could also see a Kancolle game being announced and maybe Stranger of the Sword City or Great Edo Blacksmith, personally I would love to see Shin Hariyigami.

With NiS teaming up with Kadokawa, we could see quite a few games based off their various animes and managas coming out, also it is possible that we might see something new from From Software now that Kadokawa own them.

I reckon that there will be Disgaea 5 and a new Danganronpa game, more than likely Another Episode and that they will be distributing Steins;Gate. I could also see a Kancolle game being announced and maybe Stranger of the Sword City or Great Edo Blacksmith, personally I would love to see Shin Hariyigami.

With NiS teaming up with Kadokawa, we could see quite a few games based off their various animes and managas coming out, also it is possible that we might see something new from From Software now that Kadokawa own them.

Not a fan of the dangan games but the rest will do nicely :D

Survivor 2 also had "boobs don't work that way!" Art.

Yup.

devil_survivor_2_io

March will be the death of my wallet, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is Coming to PS Vita on March 3rd, digital only and €19.99.

Was looking at that the other day, looks awesome. I think you can get a physical copy on play asia with english subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

penev10 wrote: »
    Yup.

devil_survivor_2_io

WONDERBRA!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    WONDERBRA!

Feat of engineering is more like it!

Seriously though the "fan service" (or whatever you want to call it, ecchi stylings?) is a needless irritant/distraction in the design.

penev10 wrote: »
    Feat of engineering is more like it!

Seriously though the "fan service" (or whatever you want to call it, ecchi stylings?) is a needless irritant/distraction in the design.

In the Japanese version they refer to her as "Melon Smuggler" sometimes.

Was looking at that the other day, looks awesome. I think you can get a physical copy on play asia with english subs.

Nevermind actually its 50 euro lol :O

Nevermind actually its 50 euro lol :O

Yeah was looking at it before, but was holding out hope as it had been rumoured to be coming out at some point this year.

• Advertisement

Any interest in Hotaru no Nikki Xenji?

Any interest in Hotaru no Nikki Xenji?

I will pick it up for my collection, not sure when I will get a chance to play it, but it does have my interest and I like the look of the game, Furuya did a good job of Disgaea D2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tales of Zestiria possibly coming to Steam. Would love a few of the Tales games on pc.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/02/19/tales-of-zestiria-could-be-headed-to-pc-according-to-steam-db

Well the NiS announcements were not surprising, they have really struck up a strong partnership with Kadokawa and that will lead to Project Code: Daten, a dungeon RPG themed around the Cthulu mythos and Project Code: Tsukiyomi, which is a simulation RPG themed around Japanese mythology coming west.

Also :D

Tri Ace have been acquired Nepro Japan and now will be a dedicated smartphone/ tablet developer, such a shame they have ended up going this route, have fond memories of so many of their games, seems though they got a very good deal out of it.

Tri Ace have been acquired Nepro Japan and now will be a dedicated smartphone/ tablet developer, such a shame they have ended up going this route, have fond memories of so many of their games, seems though they got a very good deal out of it.

A sad end to such an interesting developer. They may not have made the best games but every game they made broke the mould in some way and was interesting. Then there were the handful of their games where the weird systems managed to coalesce into something that worked and we ended up with some of the best RPGs ever like Resonance of Fate and Valkyrie Profile.

I hope the core team leave and form a new company.

Final fantasy xv stream here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Whats people's opinion on soul hackers?

Whats people's opinion on soul hackers?

It's one of the best in the SMT series and one of the best 32-bit RPGs.

• Advertisement

Falcom announced today that they are hoping to release Tokyo Xanadu on the Vita this summer, Xseed are currently localising Xanadu Next for the PC, so hopefully this will also see a localisation.

Advertisement