Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm still a little wary about Xenoblade Chronicles X. Xenoblade might have been the best RPG since Persona 4 but it's also the only good game Tetsuya Takahashi and his team has made. Lets be honest, Xenogears and Xenosaga ranged from meh to downright crap. His other games are burdened with philosohical technobable and while Xenoblade had some of that the narrative was at least cohesive and very satisfying by the end since it handled it in a more subtle manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bought a 4GB Vita memory card today just to get Suikoden 1 & 2, they both look very well on the Vita and the remastered soundtrack is a nice bonus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How much was the memory card?

How much was the memory card?

€13 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Xenji wrote: »
    Bought a 4GB Vita memory card today just to get Suikoden 1 & 2, they both look very well on the Vita and the remastered soundtrack is a nice bonus.

Could really do with picking up a 64GB one myself, currently have 2 8GB ones that are pretty full.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got lightning returns for 2.50 in GameStop, they have loads of stuff for under a 10 euro but that's the only thing I was interested in

Toukiden: Kiwami is out in north america on the 31st of march for vita and ps4, tempted to get it :o

Toukiden: Kiwami is out in north america on the 31st of march for vita and ps4, tempted to get it :o

You should, the original was a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Got lightning returns for 2.50 in GameStop, they have loads of stuff for under a 10 euro but that's the only thing I was interested in

Jealous! I paid 9 for it some weeks ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like the game bombed which is a shame because it's excellent and it's the type of crazy inventive b tier RPG that made the PS1 era so good for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like the game bombed which is a shame because it's excellent and it's the type of crazy inventive b tier RPG that made the PS1 era so good for them.

maybe dont make two **** games and expect people to pay for the third and it wouldn of bombed

Falcom have confirmed that both Tokyo Xanadu and Ys Next will both be released for the PS4 and Vita in September in Japan. Well given that YS Origin sold over 200k on Steam outside Japan last year and the very positive reception Ys: Memories of Celceta garnered, hopefully we will see a localisation of Next in the next 12 months, I do not have high hopes of a Tokyo Xanadu localisation in the near future though.

Just finished tales of hearts r, mediocre at best

Just finished tales of hearts r, mediocre at best

Not the best tales game, enjoyable but forgettable, but for people who have not played Tales games before I thought it was a good introduction to the series if they had not picked up Tales Of Symphonia on the PS3.

Ya I agree, theres another tales out for call tales of innocence I think is what's its called but that will probably never see the light of day over here I'd say

Ya I agree, theres another tales out for call tales of innocence I think is what's its called but that will probably never see the light of day over here I'd say

Tales Of Innocence is actually very highly regarded, but it got a Vita port nearly 3 years ago, shame it never got a localisation.

Gonna start freedom wars tomorrow.

Tales Of Innocence is actually very highly regarded, but it got a Vita port nearly 3 years ago, shame it never got a localisation.

Ahhhh that's a pity, not a chance of it happening so.

Falcom have confirmed that both Tokyo Xanadu and Ys Next will both be released for the PS4 and Vita in September in Japan. Well given that YS Origin sold over 200k on Steam outside Japan last year and the very positive reception Ys: Memories of Celceta garnered, hopefully we will see a localisation of Next in the next 12 months, I do not have high hopes of a Tokyo Xanadu localisation in the near future though.

I'm hoping XSeed work their magic and localise them. I know Tom there is a massive Xanadu Next fan and is mostly responsible for the Brandish release on PSN so maybe he can do something about it.
    Ahhhh that's a pity, not a chance of it happening so.

I heard Namco saying if Hearts does well they'll consider Innocence but I wouldn't bet the house on it. It's so annoying that Namco always choose to localise the ?Tales games from their B team and not the good ones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Gonna start freedom wars tomorrow.

I'm about halfway through and am enjoying it a lot. Like a slimmed down Monster Hunter and all the better for being more focussed. The setting is interesting but the plot adds little to flesh out the mission/upgrade cycle (the latter of which is looking like its going to be fairly grindy).

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm hoping XSeed work their magic and localise them. I know Tom there is a massive Xanadu Next fan and is mostly responsible for the Brandish release on PSN so maybe he can do something about it.

I heard Namco saying if Hearts does well they'll consider Innocence but I wouldn't bet the house on it. It's so annoying that Namco always choose to localise the ?Tales games from their B team and not the good ones :(

They have a two separate teams making separate tales games?

penev10 wrote: »
    I'm about halfway through and am enjoying it a lot. Like a slimmed down Monster Hunter and all the better for being more focussed. The setting is interesting but the plot adds little to flesh out the mission/upgrade cycle (the latter of which is looking like its going to be fairly grindy).

Is there co op? Like in Ragnarok Odyssey Ace you can recruit people to help you out missions from a lobby, Is there something like that in it?

Is there co op? Like in Ragnarok Odyssey Ace you can recruit people to help you out missions from a lobby, Is there something like that in it?

There is multiplayer versus and co-op, haven't tried either. Am still getting used to the controls tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What are you guys' opinion on Eternal Sonata? I picked it up a while back for a few pence but haven't delved into it yet.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What are you guys' opinion on Eternal Sonata? I picked it up a while back for a few pence but haven't delved into it yet.

I played it on the 360 back in 07 and I didn't like it unfortunately but I might actually give it another bash some day.

I didn't like it. It's a beautiful looking game but otherwise it's so bog average. I only played half of it so maybe it opens up and gets more interesting as I know it's highly rated in some quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's unfortunate. Thanks though, I didn't to invest time into something that would disappoint me.

It is not a bad game, just very average, you can actually beat it in about 10 hours if you rush through it, the soundtrack for the game though is brilliant and it looks very well.

Finished Suikoden 1 today and found it quite enjoyable, it has very basic gameplay, but the story and the music made up for it, does not take that along to finish either, only about 20 or so hours, gonna start Suikoden 2 now.

• Advertisement

They have a two separate teams making separate tales games?

Yeah it's kind of like the Call of Duty model they have there :) I was actually listening to retronauts today and they were talking about Telenet and their subsidiary Wolfteam that became Tri-ace and the Tales team when they split. It's been a two team operation for a while now, with the original Tales of Destiny team being one team and the other being the Tales of Symphonia side.
    Finished Suikoden 1 today and found it quite enjoyable, it has very basic gameplay, but the story and the music made up for it, does not take that along to finish either, only about 20 or so hours, gonna start Suikoden 2 now.

Suikoden 2 is soooo much better :) enjoy!

Advertisement