Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just checked Suikoden II and it is the PAL version, pricing is correct too according to the PS blog.

Also according to the PS blog Criminal Girls: Invite Only is blocked from the Irish PS Store along with the usual Aus and NZ.

Not surprised by that even though they have censored the punishment mini game, should have my copy hopefully on Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Blocked from the Irish store? I hope this isn't the start of games getting refused classification in Ireland effectively banning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Blocked from the Irish store? I hope this isn't the start of games getting refused classification in Ireland effectively banning them.

Yeah, was surprised to see that myself, hopefully it is just delayed like what happened to Walking Dead Season 2.
    PS Blog wrote:
    Criminal Girls: Invite Only
    Not available in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand
    Out 6th February
    Price: £34.99/€39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Gonna pick up suikoden 1&2 later (to finally listen to retrogamers suggestion!), just wondering if anyone has a few pointers before starting??

E.g.
    Use this weapon type, it ends up being the best
    Learn this ability, it's really useful
    Do this sidequest
    Etc

I don't need perfection, just want to be in a strong position so as not to be grinding too much!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Suikoden 1 and 2 are kind of walks in the park. One suggestion is that some of the 108 stars are permanently missable so if you want them all use a guide, it's up to you how to play.

My advice with parties is try out everyone. The game caps your level in each area so there's no point in grinding and any characters that are below that cap earn massive amounts of experience so quickly end up at the same level as everyone else after 2 or 3 battles. Even level 1 characters in the end game will hit that cap after about 3 battles.

Suikoden 1 is a decent fun RPG but nothing special. Suikoden 2 on the other hand, that was the slap in the face that woke me up out of my 'zomg FFVII best game eva!' phase :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Some persona 5 gameplay here

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/persona_5/b/playstation4/archive/2015/02/05/atlus-unmasks-first-look-at-persona-5-gameplay.aspx

Got an email saying my copy of criminal girls has shipped from amazon, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

P5 is looking insanely good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hey Atlus, you totally just have to make the best JRPG (game?) of all time for Persona 5 not to be disappointing. No pressure.

(And yet I have full faith in them)

Type-0 Launch Trailer ( contains spoilers )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait for type 0 to come out!

• Advertisement

Need to get home and watch FF and Persona trailers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Didn't realise P5 was coming to PS3. Looks like my only reason to get a PS4 is still Bloodborne.

Xenji wrote: »
    It will, but it looks awful graphically.

I was thinking that too but would be cool to play it on the go.

Heard it looks just like the Wii game. 3DS games tend too look really bad in screenshots that use the 3DS resolution but much better on the actual device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Are suikoden 1/2 still not available via the vita/psTV store then?

Or do you still have to purchase from the web store to add it to your download queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

animaX wrote: »

Or do you still have to purchase from the web store to add it to your download queue?

I think Suikoden 1 is, but you need to download the second one from a ps3.

animaX wrote: »

Downloaded both through my Vita.

Xenoblade Chronicles X preview

• Advertisement

English is not this guys first language, but he did a great job translating the above video.

Criminal girls arrived today and I have rebirth 2 on the way too.

Criminal girls arrived today and I have rebirth 2 on the way too.

Finished Criminal Girls last night, only took around 25 hours, was nothing groundbreaking but I found it enjoyable and retro with a good battle system, the only issue I really had with it was getting used to using the rear touch pad, never really used it much in any other Vita game.

Going to finish off The Alchemist of Dusk now.

Finished Criminal Girls last night, only took around 25 hours, was nothing groundbreaking but I found it enjoyable and retro with a good battle system, the only issue I really had with it was getting used to using the rear touch pad, never really used it much in any other Vita game.

Going to finish off The Alchemist of Dusk now.

Damn xenji, you fly through games :D

Damn xenji, you fly through games :D

One of the upsides of being an insomniac :)

I'm still trying to get through Rorona and that game is really short! :) Binging on Parasyte and Knights of Sidonia recently has meant I haven't played too many games though.

One of the upsides of being an insomniac :)

Ahhh, I saw your list of completed games for last year and was very impressed :D

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Knights of Sidonia .

Great series! very short though.

Great series! very short though.

Season 2 is coming out in April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Getting kind of bored of Freedom Wars. Very repetitive at this stage (code 6), same enemy types over and over, samey missions that take an age to complete for a handheld game. Not very challenging either.

I don't normally mind grinding for weapon upgrades but its looking like I'll have to do mega-farming to get anywhere with the better weapons.

Advertisement