Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I completed the Last Story, but I often found the battle system a strange beast. One fight I'd have it down perfectly, and the next could barely comprehend what was going on :pac:

One of those battle systems where I always just felt a tiny step away from fully comprehending it. I take solace that I at least understood sufficiently to finish it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I completed the Last Story, but I often found the battle system a strange beast. One fight I'd have it down perfectly, and the next could barely comprehend what was going on :pac:

One of those battle systems where I always just felt a tiny step away from fully comprehending it. I take solace that I at least understood sufficiently to finish it!

There was a bit too much too it but it was a very original battle system, unlike anything else. It kind of helped that the game was easy enough so that even if you were cackhanded you could bumble through it except the last boss. I'd love to see it revisted like the way Xenoblade took the foundations of the flawed FFXII and made something amazing out of it.

Also more RPGs should be 20 hours long and be localised in a small area. The story was rubbish but the world was just so well fleshed out. Really loved the characters as well, it really felt like a bunch of friends that had travelled together and been through a lot of hard times and could really trust each other.

Also the final battle in the colliseum side quest was one of the best laugh out loud moments in a videogame :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In case you miss it, Brandish a new Falcom action RPG for PSP is getting a PSN release from XSeed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93773843#post93773843

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Good to see the psp still getting so much rpg love

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    In case you miss it, Brandish a new Falcom action RPG for PSP is getting a PSN release from XSeed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93773843#post93773843
    But I thought Sony removed the PSP section on PSN? :confused:

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

No they removed the PSP shop meaning you can't access it with a PSP but the games are still there to buy on PS3 and Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Nope, still alive and well(over priced that is). :pac:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/psp/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLATFORMPSP?et_cid=em_133402&et_rid=1431361&Linkid=%%%3dRedirectTo(%40Banner2CTL)%3d%%

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Grand so.

Was thinking of picking up a 3000 or Go for laughs and, shall we say, playing old games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

I'm pretty sure you can still get psp games through the store on psp through mediago on pc if you don't have a ps3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing tales of r back up after a long break from it and its certainly not the best in the series but its not the worse either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Getting deeper into Persona Q, and have gotten the main theme stuck in my head. Having just listened to the full version on YouTube, I'm disappointed the version in the game's OP doesn't have the bitchin' xylophone solo:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I thought this would be the best place to ask, is "The Last Remnant" any good?
    Too easy? Too hard? decent story? gameplay? and such.

It's a Kawazu game. Which means lots of ambitious gameplay systems that don't really work as well as they should. It's a mess but some people like Akitoshi Kawazu games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just watching a lets play of god eater, I'd love if they released it over here,even if it was subbed like SAO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just watching a lets play of god eater, I'd love if they released it over here,even if it was subbed like SAO

Going to pick up the enhanced version Rage Burst next month if nothing is announced about it getting a localisation, loved the first game even if it did not garner the best reviews.

I heard the series is like a turbo charged monster hunter. I'd say at the time most reviewers didn't understand monster hunter which lead to less than stellar reviews.

I wish I could speak Japanese , then I wouldn't have to worry about games being released over here and could just import :pac:

I wish I could speak Japanese , then I wouldn't have to worry about games being released over here and could just import :pac:

FilthyFrank on youtube does great lessons on japanese. (if you are that gullible then don't have a look in work).

FilthyFrank on youtube does great lessons on japanese. (if you are that gullible then don't have a look in work).

Nice try :pac:

Coming on the 2nd of April, unfortunately only on the new 3DS.

B7UpXdhCUAERBF_.jpg

I put in far too many hours into the Wii version and as it stands I have no plans on buying the new 3DS, so will probably skip this one.

• Advertisement

I will be picking this up though on Day 1 with whatever limited edition they release.

New Trailer.

I'll be buying a wii u specially for this and the new zelda game.

I put 120 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles and while it was one of the best RPGs I've ever played 120 hours is enough so I won't be playing it again.

Xenoblade Chronicles X though can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles... I first played it on my friends Wii, and ended up playing for 5 hours and taking his Wii home with me until I finished it. And gave it back to him about 3 months later :pac:

I will most certainly pick up a WiiU for Chronicles X. Call me a philistine for missing out on other games if you will, but it's the only game that would make me buy a WiiU.

Atelier Ayesha Plus is on PSn now for Vita.

Atelier Ayesha Plus is on PSn now for Vita.

Really tempted too pick it up but no room on my memory card :mad:

Really tempted too pick it up but no room on my memory card :mad:

Delete the **** off it, Ayesha in its normal form is the best RPG the PS3 had by a long margin. This is the plus version and the Atelier plus rereleases have been big improvements on already great games so Ayesha plus could be even better (although it's so damn good to begin with I can't see how it could be improved).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No word on an actual release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X yet, no? I'll be buying the WiiU for this.

Kiith wrote: »
    No word on an actual release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X yet, no? I'll be buying the WiiU for this.

New trailer and 2015 is the only date.

Just get a WiiU anyway, there's enough amazing games on it to embarass the PS4/One.

• Advertisement

Ha looks everyone wants a wii u just for xeno :D

Advertisement