Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2012/2013 Online Grant Application Opens Monday 12th June***

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Hey, just a quick question. I (well my family) ended up paying the first installment of fees in September, as I hadn't had my grant application received and assumed that I'd be accepted soon after. Fast-forward to now, and I'm still awaiting a grant and my second half of fees are due. Supposedly I can show a proof of application letter to my college fees office, so I won't be blocked out of the moodle/email system. Anyone know which letter will suffice as an application letter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

redrozy wrote: »
    Was actually told over the phone by susi that they received my document pack and then a month later I rang again to be told they had no documentation from me. So who is at fault?

You said above they told you they didn't receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

dazftw wrote: »
    If I'm entering 1st year this year can I apply now? Or do I have to wait til June like last year?

You have to wait til June

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Hi, I'm in 6th year now and I've filled in my CAO.

How would I go about applying for the grant? I ticked the box where it says that I wish my information to be sent to SUSI for the grant on the CAO website. Is that it or do I need to apply anywhere else?

Thanks.

Pov06 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in 6th year now and I've filled in my CAO.

How would I go about applying for the grant? I ticked the box where it says that I wish my information to be sent to SUSI for the grant on the CAO website. Is that it or do I need to apply anywhere else?

Thanks.

You need to fill out the application forms when they are released in June or July.

You will find more details at www.studentfinance.ie

Also you will need lots and lots of forms - so start collecting them now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

You need to fill out the application forms when they are released in June or July.

You will find more details at www.studentfinance.ie

Also you will need lots and lots of forms - so start collecting them now

Thanks! I had already signed up to that site but didn't apply for the grant since it still shows last year's application.

I was just making sure so I don't miss it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

when I was looking at the different grant rates they have the Adjacent/non-adjacent but also ''Special Rate'' which is quite a bit higher than the adjacent. Does anyone know what the Special rate is, or how/why it is awarded?:confused:

Also if you need a P21/Notice of assessment from Revenue they can take anything between 10-15 working days, so if you can request them now all the better before the big rush.

when I was looking at the different grant rates they have the Adjacent/non-adjacent but also ''Special Rate'' which is quite a bit higher than the adjacent. Does anyone know what the Special rate is, or how/why it is awarded?:confused:

Also if you need a P21/Notice of assessment from Revenue they can take anything between 10-15 working days, so if you can request them now all the better before the big rush.

The special rate is awarded if your income is very low AND you are receiving a social welfare payment

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

Detailed info here

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hi, I'm just wondering if I have to re-apply for my grant next year. My mother mentioned it to me and I've just been wondering if I have to apply to my local county council to get my grant next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

hi all, i took a year out to complete failed exams, now i have to reapply for the grant, should
    I mention that I have been working or not? cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement