Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2012/2013 Online Grant Application Opens Monday 12th June***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AL93

Hi anyone else having trouble with the email support@susi.cdvec.ie ? I can't get an email through to them

I sent an email yesterday and it went through, although i think it would be better to ring them they dont seem to reply to emails anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Phyrea

I tried to register for my course in UCC yesterday, but they would not allow me to have my student card or a letter of registration to send back for my BTEA.

I called SUSI, they have no idea how long it could be so I must just wait...I'm very nervous about this..

Has anyone else been told that they can't have their student cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Jim Stark wrote: »
    I can't believe I've left it this late, but I've only submitted my application two days ago! I'm applying as an independent mature, and I'm studying in the UK. I only moved over late September last year, and don't have any bills or such as proof before 1st Oct, will they accept my lease as proof of residence does anybody know? I have a letter from a bank from the 3rd Oct?? Also I moved house again in March; does that matter? If you don't think they will accept my lease; as I was living independently in Ireland before moving over, can I use a letter from Irish Revenue about tax repayments from March 2011 as proof of residence even though I'm currently living in UK?

If this is the first year of your course and you moved over there last year you are then a UK resident and cannot apply for any funding.

If this is the second year of your course, you must prove independent residency the October prior to starting your course. Your lease should be accepted as proof of independence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

How do you know they have them? Did he say this to you, or are you just thinking this :)

When I gave him the my application number he told me my documents were received.

No action taken though.

I got my student card yesterday in DKIT. Half the people there had letters from SUSI and no one had a problem getting the card. I remember UCD wouldn't give me a card until my payment cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

hi all any ideas on were to get the form in pdf format ?

• Advertisement

hi all any ideas on were to get the form in pdf format ?

Which form?

Which form?

sorry I meant grant application form.

The application process is all online at grantsonline.ie

The closing date was the 28th August but they're still accepting applications. Just your application will only be processed after everyone elses has been done.

thanks, as of now I'm in third year, I didn't get it in 1st year can I still apply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

thanks, as of now I'm in third year, I didn't get it in 1st year can I still apply ?

Yes - go ahead and apply

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

So much for getting in an application early. A total load of absolute sh*t. If those clowns could only give me word then i could register online and save myself an 80 mile round journey to Carlow and back.

Instead it looks like im going on blind faith. Ill probably have to take out a loan to cover the fees next Friday while these lazy arsed civil servants up in Dublin have yet to review my application that has been handed in since their shoddy bug filled little system opened. . if they say no then i get scalded for €3000 which is going to be an epic struggle for me next year. At least if they told me no now i could decide for myself whether to go on or not. Bloody useless the lot of them. When i was applying to Clonmel i got an answer there and then whether i was wasting my time or not but i if i ring SUSI they cant tell me whether ill get the answer tomorrow, next week, next month or whether i will get it at all. They could have easily left the system to all the individual vec's/county councils. As it is the rest of the vec's around the country are probably twiddling their thumbs looking for work.

Hi anyone else having trouble with the email support@susi.cdvec.ie ? I can't get an email through to them

Waste of time and so is the phone number. Just be grateful your personal documents dont end up in some strangers house up the opposite end of the country.

if they say no then i get scalded for €3000 which is going to be an epic struggle for me next year.

Everyone here is in the same boat.

The way I see it, the cost of fees is only a fraction of the salary I could potentially earn after I get my degree.

Education is the best investment. :D

Everyone here is in the same boat.

The way I see it, the cost of fees is only a fraction of the salary I could potentially earn after I get my degree.

Education is the best investment. :D

Id agree with that but when you have to pay rent and feed yourself on a little enough income in the week then its going to be a fair squeeze and i hate to be negative but jobs are scarce in Ireland at the moment. So much so that some of best and brightest are having no choice but to up sticks and leave for work. i really want to do this degree myself but i hate the way every application system has been centralised in this country all of a sudden for example the medical cards also. Were applying to a faceless system who cant provide any information to us. Worst is im hoping to do another add on next year so its going to be the same sh*t all over again this time twelve months though i suppose if i get it this year i will be reasonably more confident of getting it next year.

Is the fact they asked for supporting documents in any way a good sign does anyone feel or is it just another time wasting exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

So much for getting in an application early. A total load of absolute sh*t. If those clowns could only give me word then i could register online and save myself an 80 mile round journey to Carlow and back.

Instead it looks like im going on blind faith. Ill probably have to take out a loan to cover the fees next Friday while these lazy arsed civil servants up in Dublin have yet to review my application that has been handed in since their shoddy bug filled little system opened. . if they say no then i get scalded for €3000 which is going to be an epic struggle for me next year. At least if they told me no now i could decide for myself whether to go on or not. Bloody useless the lot of them. When i was applying to Clonmel i got an answer there and then whether i was wasting my time or not but i if i ring SUSI they cant tell me whether ill get the answer tomorrow, next week, next month or whether i will get it at all. They could have easily left the system to all the individual vec's/county councils. As it is the rest of the vec's around the country are probably twiddling their thumbs looking for work.

What was your total reckonable income for 2011? Usually you should kinda know already of you're entitled to the grant or not...

augusta24 wrote: »
    What was your total reckonable income for 2011? Usually you should kinda know already of you're entitled to the grant or not...

ive been on the dole/btea the last two and a half years and live as an independent adult

ive been on the dole/btea the last two and a half years and live as an independent adult

You'll be grand.

You'll be grand.

Please god. the conundrum im in though is that i previously went to college back from 2001-2006 and got the grant 3 out of the 5 academic years in that period. I spent 4 years out of college from 2006-10 and for that reason couldnt get it for the last two years of the higher cert im doing. according to clonmel last year they reckon i should get it this year if i apply for level 7.

Its a strange legislation and hard to really interpret. Really sweating now

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ralphding23

Does anyone know if you're not eligible for free fees, would student finance pay the tuition, provided your income is below a certain level?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

Applied the second day that the application process opened, sent off requested information mid july and today recieved an email stating that I had got the grant and asked me to print off the final course acceptance form. Just filled it in and put it in the post.

• Advertisement

Keogh08 wrote: »
    Applied the second day that the application process opened, sent off requested information mid july and today recieved an email stating that I had got the grant and asked me to print off the final course acceptance form. Just filled it in and put it in the post.

Well done. Fair play. With all due respect though i cannot understand what sort of system prioritises people who apply the 2nd day over the first.

Now if the boot was on the other foot id be cockahoop and wouldnt complain about it. At least your news has given us some hope that we might get news soon.

Congratulations and best of luck for the year in your studies

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Andreeeaaaaaaa

I got an email today saying my "application is at the provisionally awarded stage" & a link for the final course acceptance form. In part 3, is that only for international colleges? 'Cause that's pretty much the only thing that's confusing me :/

I got an email today saying my "application is at the provisionally awarded stage" & a link for the final course acceptance form. In part 3, is that only for international colleges? 'Cause that's pretty much the only thing that's confusing me :/

Thats the same email I recieved, im taking it that we have the grant! Yeap part 3 is only for international colleges (thats how I read it anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Hope that I will get an email soon :/ Hope I won't be waiting to long!

Well done. Fair play. With all due respect though i cannot understand what sort of system prioritises people who apply the 2nd day over the first.

Now if the boot was on the other foot id be cockahoop and wouldnt complain about it. At least your news has given us some hope that we might get news soon.

Congratulations and best of luck for the year in your studies

Thanks, only posted to relay some information that I thought would be beneficial to anybody who has applied. At least there getting through them:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭cono121

I applied for the grant on the 18/06/2012

I received an email today off SUSI:

Final Course Acceptance Form Notification - Application Number: W121*********

Dear cono121

Your application is at the provisionally awarded stage. To complete your application you will need to submit a Final Course Acceptance Form. Please log onto www.cdvec.ie/student-Supports/grants.aspx and download the Final Course Acceptance Form. Return the completed form to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) PO Box 12210, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, as soon as possible.

Thank you

SUSI Support Team

So I presume this is the last step!?! Is there a high chance i will get awarded the grant, because i am over in University in Edinburgh at the moment.

cono121 wrote: »
    I applied for the grant on the 18/06/2012

I received an email today off SUSI:

Final Course Acceptance Form Notification - Application Number: W121*********

Dear cono121

Your application is at the provisionally awarded stage. To complete your application you will need to submit a Final Course Acceptance Form. Please log onto www.cdvec.ie/student-Supports/grants.aspx and download the Final Course Acceptance Form. Return the completed form to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) PO Box 12210, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, as soon as possible.

Thank you

SUSI Support Team

So I presume this is the last step!?! Is there a high chance i will get awarded the grant, because i am over in University in Edinburgh at the moment.

Yeah i think you are fairly home and hosed. Best of luck in your studies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bubblegum18

Hi that's great news, Did they tell you you had it got provisionally or did they tell you the sum of the grant you are going to get? (obviously I don't want to know how much your getting just wondering will they tell people the sum they are going to get) Some people already received the provisional letters by post but no mention of the final acceptance form.

I just got on the phone and complained to susi. As Popeye says 'i can stands no more'. Told them that its a very unfair system to say that people who applied first are not given the news first

Anyways i was told i will definitely have news at the very latest by 2 weeks :rolleyes:
    I could have it tomorrow or in 2 weeks time he cant give me a certain date but it seems now that i will get the same email that keogh, cono and Andrea have received.

I printed up the final course acceptance form and have it ready in an SAE for them for when i get this famous email. As im BTEA ill be only eligible to get the fees covered which would be an enormous help indeed.

Now to ring the college and ask them if the previous letter that SUSI sent will do for online registration and ill save myself an 80 mile round journey on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

I just got on the phone and complained to susi. As Popeye says 'i can stands no more'. Told them that its a very unfair system to say that people who applied first are not given the news first

Anyways i was told i will definitely have news at the very latest by 2 weeks :rolleyes:
    I could have it tomorrow or in 2 weeks time he cant give me a certain date but it seems now that i will get the same email that keogh, cono and Andrea have received.

I printed up the final course acceptance form and have it ready in an SAE for them for when i get this famous email. As im BTEA ill be only eligible to get the fees covered which would be an enormous help indeed.

Now to ring the college and ask them if the previous letter that SUSI sent will do for online registration and ill save myself an 80 mile round journey on Friday.

Basically the same thing I've been told every time I've rang them :/ Get's fair annoying, I was also one of the first to apply and I sent all supporting documents the day I got the letter, so its not like I have been lying around or anything.

Lets just hope it comes sooner rather then later.

Advertisement