Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2012/2013 Online Grant Application Opens Monday 12th June***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Once you have submitted your application, SUSI send out a letter detailing the documents you need to submit to them. Did it myself about a month ago but haven't heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Battleflag wrote: »
    Once you have submitted your application, SUSI send out a letter detailing the documents you need to submit to them. Did it myself about a month ago but haven't heard anything since

Alright cheers, I'll be waiting a while so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

Comforting at least to know at least that others are in the same position as I am re not hearing anything back yet. I'm on pins and needles because I'm doing a masters so eligibility isn't as clear-cut, and I need to know if I have to get another method of funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭hession.law

Sorry if this has been asked before but anyone know when decisions will be made?

Anyone who is waiting for that list of documents you can be preparing some now like your birthcert, proof of address, proof of residency, transcript from primary degree if applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

Good thought, thanks. I had some vague thoughts about doing that but didn't know exactly what they would require. Would the proof of address refer to the last year, i.e. the year they use to determine whether you are an independent or dependent candidate, or the present? (I hope you grasp my meaning, I'm a bit fuzzy-headed.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

its your address from October last year to the date you receive the letter that asks you to submit the documents

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭hession.law

Yes it is your address from last October

Haven't heard anything yet myself. Really hoping to have this sorted by Sept 13th when i have to register. Had i been dealing with my local office in Clonmel i feel id have an answer by now

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

Im in the same boat. Applied a month ago and heard nothing. Got a confirmation of application and thats it. I dont know why they thought centralising the grant process was going to make life easier for anybody? Doesnt make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hurler010

Hi,
    i have applied for the grant and sent all the necessary documentation apart from the p21 i am sending that later today on its own.
    where should i address it to so that it can be added to the rest of my documents.?
    help would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 conlcn

I applied for my grant just over 2 months ago and haven't heard anything. Before did it take as long to hear a response ?
    thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

hurler010 wrote: »
    Hi,
    i have applied for the grant and sent all the necessary documentation apart from the p21 i am sending that later today on its own.
    where should i address it to so that it can be added to the rest of my documents.?
    help would be appreciated

SUSI,
    PO Box 12210,
    Ballsbridge,
    Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bah94

does anyone know how much we'll be recieving from susi-just an estimation???

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

All documents that were requested now ready to send off for my daughter...

Only one issue...we entered the 2011 SW payment amount that her mum received online correctly...SW completed the SUSI form and put in the current 2012 rate (w@nkers..)

There is only a 2 odd euro a week difference but the fact is the amount entered online doesnt exactly match the SW form amount...

Do we need to get the SW form redone or are we ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jim Stark

I can't believe I've left it this late, but I've only submitted my application two days ago! I'm applying as an independent mature, and I'm studying in the UK. I only moved over late September last year, and don't have any bills or such as proof before 1st Oct, will they accept my lease as proof of residence does anybody know? I have a letter from a bank from the 3rd Oct?? Also I moved house again in March; does that matter? If you don't think they will accept my lease; as I was living independently in Ireland before moving over, can I use a letter from Irish Revenue about tax repayments from March 2011 as proof of residence even though I'm currently living in UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Zipppy wrote: »

Only one issue...we entered the 2011 SW payment amount that her mum received online correctly...SW completed the SUSI form and put in the current 2012 rate (w@nkers..)

There is only a 2 odd euro a week difference but the fact is the amount entered online doesnt exactly match the SW form amount...

To be honest I would ring to make sure, but once the form is submitted I think it cannot be changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Steevy

Zipppy wrote: »

Dont worry you re grand, they dont expect you to know the absolute amount with precision. Given that its 2 odd euro difference you re fine!

Jim Stark wrote: »
    I can't believe I've left it this late, but I've only submitted my application two days ago! I'm applying as an independent mature, and I'm studying in the UK. I only moved over late September last year, and don't have any bills or such as proof before 1st Oct, will they accept my lease as proof of residence does anybody know? I have a letter from a bank from the 3rd Oct?? Also I moved house again in March; does that matter? If you don't think they will accept my lease; as I was living independently in Ireland before moving over, can I use a letter from Irish Revenue about tax repayments from March 2011 as proof of residence even though I'm currently living in UK?

Ok here is what you need to do. Go to your bank and ask them to print all your bank statement dating from last October, after that ask them to stamp it as a proof!.. That will be perfect as long as they have an Irish address!.

I hope that solves your problem

I had a similar problem with entering income details when i filled out my form, so I rang them and a lovely fella assured me its fine to estimate as long as you let them know, so mine are basically rough guess :P So you will be fine.
    I submitted my susi application at the start of this month (idiotic I know) but I havent recieved anything to tell me what documents to send in yet?? Im wondering should I ring them

• Advertisement

I had a similar problem with entering income details when i filled out my form, so I rang them and a lovely fella assured me its fine to estimate as long as you let them know, so mine are basically rough guess :P So you will be fine.
    I submitted my susi application at the start of this month (idiotic I know) but I havent recieved anything to tell me what documents to send in yet?? Im wondering should I ring them

Ofcourse you should have received an SUSI grant pack by now, and its getting very late!. Tomorrow is the last day of application and you ve applied nearly a month ago. You should contact them so that they can speed up the process of sending the grant pack to you. But since you've already applied, you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Missed a phonecall from SUSI earlier telling me they never got my social welfare form. Um, it came WITH all my other documents, it couldn't disappear? Sure, anyway that's fairly acceptable as it's a once off. But, it's not. I sent it in AFTER that, and now it's lost again. Are they for real?

To top it all off, I've been trying to get through to them to ask wtf their problems are, and I've been on hold for 17 minutes.

17 minutes... and counting....

:confused:

Avox wrote: »
    Missed a phonecall from SUSI earlier telling me they never got my social welfare form. Um, it came WITH all my other documents, it couldn't disappear? Sure, anyway that's fairly acceptable as it's a once off. But, it's not. I sent it in AFTER that, and now it's lost again. Are they for real?

To top it all off, I've been trying to get through to them to ask wtf their problems are, and I've been on hold for 17 minutes.

17 minutes... and counting....

:confused:

Haha Bitter, well do like I said in da last msg. They must have misplaced it or something. Also try and write your CAO number plus your SUSI application number on the Form so not to lost again

Joke lads this whole system is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TimeClock18

Steevy wrote: »
    Haha Bitter, well do like I said in da last msg. They must have misplaced it or something. Also try and write your CAO number plus your SUSI application number on the Form so not to lost again

And staple everything together!

And staple everything together!

And I've just realised I never sent in the form with the "Schedule of Documents checklist"

Just found it in my Folder with all my correspondence, Currently on hold with a Representative

And I've just realised I never sent in the form with the "Schedule of Documents checklist"

Just found it in my Folder with all my correspondence, Currently on hold with a Representative

And the women couldn't have been more helpful!

Provisionally awarded and will receive my award letter in the next few weeks. :D

And the women couldn't have been more helpful!

Provisionally awarded and will receive my award letter in the next few weeks. :D

Good for ya, let us know when you receive the award letter

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dougal McGuire

Rang them their yesterday. they said my application is under review. what does that mean exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jim Stark

Steevy wrote: »
    Ok here is what you need to do. Go to your bank and ask them to print all your bank statement dating from last October, after that ask them to stamp it as a proof!.. That will be perfect as long as they have an Irish address!.

I hope that solves your problem

Thanks for the response but I didn't quite understand. I didn't have a bank account set up here in the UK untill the start of November, and even when I was living independently in Ireland my bank address was still registered with my parents address unfortunately. But anyway, I found the letter from when I applied last year requesting proof of residence, and one of the things they list as acceptable is a lease agreement covering the time period so i think I should be ok! ...hopefully

Advertisement