Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2012/2013 Online Grant Application Opens Monday 12th June***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Protagonist

I'm so confused with this.
    I've just finished my 3 years of a level 7 degree. I'm progressing to the 4th year (so going into level 8)

Do I need to reapply for the grant through this new system?
    The VEC should have all the relevant documentation already, will I need to send in new copies to this new place?

I've just finished my 3 years of a level 7 degree. I'm progressing to the 4th year (so going into level 8)

The VEC should have all the relevant documentation already, will I need to send in new copies to this new place?

Yes you will and my advice is to do it asap as so it will be processed earlier.

Thanks Tipp_Gunner

Trying to get it done now. Website is buggy as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No

The VECs will process the existing grant.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No

The VECs will process the existing grant.

i thought if he was going from level 7 to level 8 then he would have to reapply because its treated as a new college course?

• Advertisement

Thanks Tipp_Gunner

Trying to get it done now. Website is buggy as ****.

Tell me about it. I entered the previous college i attended and the college im in at the moment and it got the two addresses of each mixed up.

i thought if he was going from level 7 to level 8 then he would have to reapply because its treated as a new college course?

It's the same course though!

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9544/quick-guide-to-the-susi-grant-process/index.html
    If you held a student grant in 2011-12, or in a previous academic year, and are continuing your studies on this course in the 2012-13 academic year, the renewal or re-assessment of your grant for 2012-13 will be carried out by your current local authority or VEC: you should not apply to SUSI.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thelongwait08

hey guys,
    i have sent my application off for a grant and will be attending college as a mature student, however i am living in england at minute but i am irish, i have handed in my notice at work as i will have to move over to ireland and look for a place and a part time job for when i get to college but there is still no sign of the application pack that is part 2 of the application process and i wont be able to move anywhere till i fill out those forms and prove where i have been living for the past 8 months, has any received any news since applying online

Are you sure?
    My course was Bachelor of Science in Biosciences CW117 and I'm progressing to Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biosciences with Bioforensics or Biopharmaceuticals CW108. It technically is the same course (same classes with the level 8's) but it has a different course code.

Are you sure?
    My course was Bachelor of Science in Biosciences CW117 and I'm progressing to Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biosciences with Bioforensics or Biopharmaceuticals CW108. It technically is the same course (same classes with the level 8's) but it has a different course code.

Contact SUSI support and and ask them.

Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI)
    Tel: 0761 08 7874
    Email: support@susi.cdvec.ie

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Has anyone's application changed status yet? Mine was fully sent in the day it opened and haven't got a reply or anything yet :confused:

Avox wrote: »
    Has anyone's application changed status yet? Mine was fully sent in the day it opened and haven't got a reply or anything yet :confused:

Same boat here. i think everyone is in the dark to be honest. one time you could go in to/ring your local office and find out there but now its a centralised system up in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Coriander

If it's an add-on year he will have to apply to SUSI. That's on the front of renewal forms sent out by my coco. Can't give online link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Is the grant application process seperate from the free fees process????

Zipppy wrote: »

To the best of my knowledge it is the same process. If you are for example on BTEA, you wont qualify for a grant but you may qualify to have the fees paid on your behalf.

Zipppy wrote: »

There isn't a process to apply for free fees. They are awarded automatically unless you are ineligible.

Terry Pratchet

has anybody heard anything since applying, has anything arrived in the post for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

We've heard nothing yet. Applied on the 12th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

has anybody heard anything since applying, has anything arrived in the post for anyone

Processed my application the day the website went live and I've heard nothing from them yet.

same as that, the thing is tho im living in england at the minute and want to move to ireland this month to look for a house for when i start college, but i wont have a fixed address and want to use my parents if i do change my address i wonder will this affect my application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

hi, I am trying to register for the susi grant but i am having trouble I think is the web page I have tried registering from a different computer but is just not working..
    is anybody else having trouble registering?
    and if anybody can help me or give some advice in how to register..
    thanks in advance...

I got word back from SUSI today stating that my application has moved on to the next phase and that they request documentary evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I got word back from SUSI today stating that my application has moved on to the next phase and that they request documentary evidence.

When did you apply for it?

When did you apply for it?

June 12th at around 8.30pm in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

June 12th at around 8.30pm in the evening

did they contact you by email or post ?

steve2012 wrote: »
    did they contact you by email or post ?

By post. Got a letter there Thursday looking for more information and they even provided me with a addressed envelope (not stamped though :)) to put the documents into and send them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

jewels652 wrote: »
    hi, I am trying to register for the susi grant but i am having trouble I think is the web page I have tried registering from a different computer but is just not working..
    is anybody else having trouble registering?
    and if anybody can help me or give some advice in how to register..
    thanks in advance...

Same here tried to apply last week and it wont work either. I was hoping it would just work out itself but I'm going to call them tomorrow if I cant get it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Me too, mine came in the post Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Same here. Received the letter yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I applied the day it came out and still havnt received anything :(

Advertisement