Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2012/2013 Online Grant Application Opens Monday 12th June***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Steevy

Jim Stark wrote: »
    Thanks for the response but I didn't quite understand. I didn't have a bank account set up here in the UK untill the start of November, and even when I was living independently in Ireland my bank address was still registered with my parents address unfortunately. But anyway, I found the letter from when I applied last year requesting proof of residence, and one of the things they list as acceptable is a lease agreement covering the time period so i think I should be ok! ...hopefully

If thats the case then a lease agreement is acceptable as well. Also if you have bills like Electric, phone, Internet and Tv which can be printed online, those will be perfect as well.

Rang them their yesterday. they said my application is under review. what does that mean exactly?

It means that your application is still under processing. They have to review all the documents you've submitted to see if you re eligible for grant and what applies to you. I shouldn't be explaining to you what UNDER REVIEW means, your first language is English and not in my case!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Steevy wrote: »
    It means that your application is still under processing. They have to review all the documents you've submitted to see if you re eligible for grant and what applies to you. I shouldn't be explaining to you what UNDER REVIEW means, your first language is English and not in my case!

There's no need to give snotty lectures about English!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

There's no need to give snotty lectures about English!
    There's no need to be rude either!... What I gave him was a reality check!. I cannot see how a student that is about to start his first year in a University asking what Under Review was, plus his language is English!

Is either he starts again from Primary School or check his questions b4 asking!

There's no need to be rude either!... What I gave him was a reality check!. I cannot see how a student that is about to start his first year in a University asking what Under Review was, plus his language is English!

Is either he starts again from Primary School or check his questions b4 asking!

Not everyone understands the grant process - maybe you should keep responses to answering questions rather than giving English language lectures.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

If anyone else needs help in regards to Student Grant? I'll be willing to help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

Lads ill have to ring them on Sunday. *sigh* I have a question and Im not sure where it goes so I am sorry if this is the wrong place. See I applied for a grant right and I also applied for the back to education. But like obviously Im only accepting one but Im not sure about the fee's? Like i applied for a grant and im assuming that grant includes the application for the fees to be paid? sorry again now if this should be somewhere else

Lads ill have to ring them on Sunday. *sigh* I have a question and Im not sure where it goes so I am sorry if this is the wrong place. See I applied for a grant right and I also applied for the back to education. But like obviously Im only accepting one but Im not sure about the fee's? Like i applied for a grant and im assuming that grant includes the application for the fees to be paid? sorry again now if this should be somewhere else

This Thread is about Grant so you aint in the wrong place. Yes you can apply for both BTEA and grant. BTEA will pay you 300euro and you can retain both your primary and secondary benefits if applicable. You will also get the maximum Jobseekers allowance if thats what you re in.

Student grant comes in to pay for your student Contribution Charge if you qualify for Free Fees and Tuition Fee if you qualify for EU rate of fee.

You wont get a Maintenance Grant as you re on BTEA but SUSI will cover all your school Fees

Applying for Grant and BTEA is right and you re on the right track.

I hope that all answers your question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

This Thread is about Grant so you aint in the wrong place. Yes you can apply for both BTEA and grant. BTEA will pay you 300euro and you can retain both your primary and secondary benefits if applicable. You will also get the maximum Jobseekers allowance if thats what you re in.

Student grant comes in to pay for your student Contribution Charge if you qualify for Free Fees and Tuition Fee if you qualify for EU rate of fee.

You wont get a Maintenance Grant as you re on BTEA but SUSI will cover all your school Fees

Applying for Grant and BTEA is right and you re on the right track.

I hope that all answers your question
    Thank you, that reply was very reassuring :) Bloody hassle with grants and btea and everything else. It is all so unclear all the time!

mango salsa;
    I'd appreciate it if you thank me personally for answering people's questions professionally and helping them solve their problems

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

mango salsa;
    I'd appreciate it if you thank me personally for answering people's questions professionally and helping them solve their problems

Any more nonsense like that and you will be banned from this forum too.
    Really, get a grip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Steevy banned following abusive PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AL93

i just came across the course acceptance form on the cdvec website. I already sent off my documents but should i send this form in or do i have to wait until they reply to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

I came across the same form on the CDVEC website for course acceptance - I rang the SUSI helpline and I got the distinct impression they knew nothing about this form - anyway when I asked should I send it in after sending all my documents in the lad on the other end said " ah sure go on send it in anyway just to be sure like " - so I printed it out signed it and posted it off today.

btw I sent all my documents back in the document pack a month ago with no definite yes or no to getting the grant as yet.

http://www.cdvec.ie/getattachment/Student-Supports/Grants/Final-Course-Acceptance-Form.pdf.aspx

Above is the link - hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I came across the same form on the CDVEC website for course acceptance - I rang the SUSI helpline and I got the distinct impression they knew nothing about this form - anyway when I asked should I send it in after sending all my documents in the lad on the other end said " ah sure go on send it in anyway just to be sure like " - so I printed it out signed it and posted it off today.

btw I sent all my documents back in the document pack a month ago with no definite yes or no to getting the grant as yet.

http://www.cdvec.ie/getattachment/Student-Supports/Grants/Final-Course-Acceptance-Form.pdf.aspx

Above is the link - hope this helps.

Nah SUSI don't want those documents.. They'll ask you for a different one once they approve you for the grant!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ralphding23

can anyone tell me if a uk student over 23 is eligible for the student grant or not? I can't work out from website?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Right, im only starting the online application now ( a big mistake on my part I know ) but I didnt think they would ask so many detailed questions that you need documents for to even find out the answer too! I thought as the online application was just the first stage,it would be basic questions! Im just wondering, how much trouble am I in? Im half way through filling out the online application which is stalled now waiting for documents to find out my and parents earnings for 2011! I know the closing date is 31 of august but i cant help needing the documents to know the answers so if Im delayed and dont finish the online app. on time, will i be totally disqualified from applying for the grant and fee payment??!! Im bricking it.
    The closing date is being extended but the closing date has not been fixed yet.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Avox wrote: »
    Yeah they all tell a different story. The girl I was talking to said my documents were marked as checked in and confirmed but she couldn't do anything until I sent in a letter from the college proving that I had enrolled. I honestly don't think any of them have a clue what they're doing, it's as if they were just brought in and told to tell people anything on the phones. :/
    If they're paying into your bank account now, they must be sure that you are actually in college and not sitting at home drawing in all the DOSH ha

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

achmairt wrote: »
    Right, im only starting the online application now ( a big mistake on my part I know ) but I didnt think they would ask so many detailed questions that you need documents for to even find out the answer too! I thought as the online application was just the first stage,it would be basic questions! Im just wondering, how much trouble am I in? Im half way through filling out the online application which is stalled now waiting for documents to find out my and parents earnings for 2011! I know the closing date is 31 of august but i cant help needing the documents to know the answers so if Im delayed and dont finish the online app. on time, will i be totally disqualified from applying for the grant and fee payment??!! Im bricking it.
    The closing date is being extended but the closing date has not been fixed yet.:)

No, if you apply after the 31st of August your application will be delayed until every application submitted before the 31st is processed fully. Ring 0761087874 and it tells you before you talk to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

hurler010 wrote: »
    Hi,
    i have applied for the grant and sent all the necessary documentation apart from the p21 i am sending that later today on its own.
    where should i address it to so that it can be added to the rest of my documents.?
    help would be appreciated

I'd ring them and tell them you sent two separate letters and confirm they received them as it states on the form send everything together and if you're short something wait until you have it and send everything together.

I had everything and had to wait a week to get my P21 to send it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Still no letter from SUSI confirming that people have got the grant despite numerous phone calls and them saying on the phone they have been awarded the grant. Piss poor that, especially as without said letter people have to somehow find the money to pay the registration fees or can't start the year.

What a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

On the phone with them again today. Sent in all my supporting documentation on the 23rd of July and they still haven't processed it :( They don't even know if they received it as they don't have access to the mail room :?

All I could be told was that if they hadn't of received any documents they would have rang me by now asking why.

Very frustrating tbh, back in college on the 17th and I would like to know where I stand in terms of the fee's at least.

On the phone with them again today. Sent in all my supporting documentation on the 23rd of July and they still haven't processed it :( They don't even know if they received it as they don't have access to the mail room :?

All I could be told was that if they hadn't of received any documents they would have rang me by now asking why.

Very frustrating tbh, back in college on the 17th and I would like to know where I stand in terms of the fee's at least.

You seem in a situation like me, sent it all in on the 5th of July (together) and am now being told one form was missing (I resent it 4 weeks ago, and again yesterday..). They're very very disorganised.. :/

Avox wrote: »
    You seem in a situation like me, sent it all in on the 5th of July (together) and am now being told one form was missing (I resent it 4 weeks ago, and again yesterday..). They're very very disorganised.. :/

Least I'm not the only one so. I asked had they got my information and he didn't know.

So all I can do now is wait till I receive a letter or phone call. Said it could be up to 3 weeks. I wouldn't mind, but I sent in all my documents a month ago, they should at least know weather they have received them or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

When I called I was told they've no idea when my grant will be approved. Same goes for everyone. The guy I spoke to said 'mid October probably'.

I posted in my documents about 3 weeks back. I know they have them, but that's it.

When I called I was told they've no idea when my grant will be approved. Same goes for everyone. The guy I spoke to said 'mid October probably'.

I posted in my documents about 3 weeks back. I know they have them, but that's it.

How do you know they have them? Did he say this to you, or are you just thinking this :)

All my documents have been verified so it's just waiting on this one now.. One manager I dealt with was very very unhelpful but I talked to another then who said hopefully it should be finalised once they received my document this week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

What? And they haven't even provisionally approved or rejected my application yet! I'd better get on to the Credit Union and see if I can get a loan in the meantime.

I'd suggest anyone facing delays contact the Students Union of the college they are supposed to attend and their local TD to complain.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭hession.law

Hi anyone else having trouble with the email support@susi.cdvec.ie ? I can't get an email through to them

Advertisement