Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2012/2013 Online Grant Application Opens Monday 12th June***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

This is what UCC says on their information page for incoming postgrad students:
    I am waiting on confirmation of my grant, How should I complete my online registration?

You can either:
    Pay the first amount due yourself online and if/when your grant is confirmed this will be refunded to you by UCC.
    Or
    Click the "funded option" on your online form, you still attend Registration Part 2, but you will not receive your Student ID card until your grant has been confirmed.

So I'd say there'll be no problem with most colleges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭michelleling

I just got on the phone and complained to susi. As Popeye says 'i can stands no more'. Told them that its a very unfair system to say that people who applied first are not given the news first

Anyways i was told i will definitely have news at the very latest by 2 weeks :rolleyes:
    I could have it tomorrow or in 2 weeks time he cant give me a certain date but it seems now that i will get the same email that keogh, cono and Andrea have received.

I printed up the final course acceptance form and have it ready in an SAE for them for when i get this famous email. As im BTEA ill be only eligible to get the fees covered which would be an enormous help indeed.

Now to ring the college and ask them if the previous letter that SUSI sent will do for online registration and ill save myself an 80 mile round journey on Friday.

"famous email"? hahaha thats very funny!.. Anyways the previous letter from the SUSI wont help you for one-bit. I have done it already but the college insisted that I need the letter of approval from SUSI b4 I can even register!

Well I suppose it depends on the college. If it is DCU, dont bother coming down until your Grant is approved

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hi, I made a new grant application online via the grantsonline.ie system, like last year,not knowing that continuing students in the same course would be continued to be assed by their local authority. In any case, SUSI rejected my application, based on a mistake filled out on the application.
    Should I ignore this mistake and application generally and proceed directly to my awarding authority from last year, in this case Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi, I made a new grant application online via the grantsonline.ie system, like last year,not knowing that continuing students in the same course would be continued to be assed by their local authority. In any case, SUSI rejected my application, based on a mistake filled out on the application.
    Should I ignore this mistake and application generally and proceed directly to my awarding authority from last year, in this case Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council?

If you are a continuing student and were receiving the grant last year from Dun Laoghaire then yes. Did they not send you any renewal forms?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If you are a continuing student and were receiving the grant last year from Dun Laoghaire then yes. Did they not send you any renewal forms?

Hey, no, not that I can see. I was away last summer, so I might check with my mum, but otherwise and to my knowledge, they weren't sent, I better head to the council and ask for the renewal forms. Thanks for clarification though, just going to be delayed in getting it now I guess :/

• Advertisement

Does anyone go to ITCarlow on this page and if so do they know if the college will accept the first letter? Alot of colleges are but i understand there are some who dont. If common sense prevailed it would save me so much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Does anyone go to ITCarlow on this page and if so do they know if the college will accept the first letter? Alot of colleges are but i understand there are some who dont. If common sense prevailed it would save me so much hassle.

Yep they accept it, you need to pay a 100 euro deposit tho :) You get that back if you get the grant.

Yep they accept it, you need to pay a 100 euro deposit tho :) You get that back if you get the grant.

Happy days :) Thank you for that

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mollyjudeviewpost.gif
    Does anyone know if you can receive the SUSI grant and also partake in the HEAR scheme??
    You can indeed. :)[/QUOTE]

In the same way, can anyone tell me can you receive a grant here and a grant for tuition fees paid in UK (as there are no tuition fees here and grant there solely to cover tuition fees)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bubblegum18

Just got a letter from SUSI they want an f16 Birth Cert apparently the one I sent in wasn't right it was a short one.
    Did anyone else get a letter looking for this? Did anyone send in a long birth cert with parents names on it etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Just got a letter from SUSI they want an f16 Birth Cert apparently the one I sent in wasn't right it was a short one.
    Did anyone else get a letter looking for this? Did anyone send in a long birth cert with parents names on it etc.?

It specifies the long version. I had a bit of hassle fitting it onto the photocopier though. Cut off a bit at both edges. Hope they don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

It specifies the long version. I had a bit of hassle fitting it onto the photocopier though. Cut off a bit at both edges. Hope they don't mind.

Don't u have to send the original one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

augusta24 wrote: »

No. It says "copy of your birth certificate". I suppose it creates less confusion when they lose it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

dmc17 wrote: »
    augusta24 wrote: »

No. It says "copy of your birth certificate". I suppose it creates less confusion when they lose it ;)
    Ah that's okay so, they had to be originals with the old system but I guess it's a safer option now since the chances of them loosing it are much higher now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Just wondering how common this is ....

My son got an e-mail from SUSI yesterday saying that he hadn't sent in his completed Documents Package and to do so straight away as it was holding up his grant . The problem is we haven't received the document package yet to fill up and return . I phoned them this morning and the girl on the phone was very helpful and said she would post it out today but I was wondering if this kind of thing is fairly common ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Hi all, can't seem to find the address for sending back documentation. I know it was in the original documentation pack. Anyone have it handy?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rjudge1994

anybody know when exactly were actually getting the grant??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TimeClock18

LauraBee89 wrote: »
    I am a postgraduate student who always received a grant as an undergraduate, I applied through SUSI the day the applications opened in June and received a letter on the 12th of September to say our household income was above the threshold which was incorrect, the additional income had not been added on for my two sisters who are also in higher education. When I rang SUSI I was told there had been a mistake and to fill out the appeals form, I did this and sent it back September 13th. I have not heard anything since. To confuse matters even more my dad has had to leave work due to illness and will not be working for the foreseeable future so I also need to do a change of circumstances. When i ring the SUSI helpdesk they cant tell me anything.any advice?

Note that your father being out of work will not effect this grant award as it is based on the year 2011. Next year this will be taken into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scajen

E-mail SUSI at: support@susi.cdvec.ie. Postal address: SUSI, PO Box 12210, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
    best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

lauras91 wrote: »
    Hi all, can't seem to find the address for sending back documentation. I know it was in the original documentation pack. Anyone have it handy?
    Thanks in advance.

You must return the original checklist with your documents.

If you need a reprint of the checklist please call the SUSI Hepdesk on 0761087874.

SUSI Postal address :

Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI)
    PO Box 12210,
    Ballsbridge,
    Dublin 4,
    Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 write

History of my daughters grant application to SUSI-
    --All supporting documentation sent in August
    --NOTHING until October then an email asking for ALL supporting docs to be sent in, and a letter asking for Evidence of Nationality
    --I phoned them and was told what I actually needed was a Course Acceptance Form and passport photocopy had not been stamped by gardai.
    --Several further calls made in October where I was told it hadnt been reviewed yet but all documentation was now fine
    --19th November I got a phonecall saying the information on my pension contributions was insufficient (Week 52 payslip and a note on letterhead from Salaries Dept). He was unable to tell me what would be sufficient.
    --20th to 23rd November- I sent a long complaint email to a manager, and resent it. I sent a letter about pension contributions from my HR department and 3 complaint letters to different members of staff.
    --30th November- I phone. A supervisor says they havent received the letters yet. He finds my email and says he will bring it to the attention of the manager. He doesnt say anything else is wrong but I arrive home to find a letter from SUSI looking for a P21 (already sent in August) , a PR60 (yet more info about pension contributions) and a maintenance agreement (I dont get maintenance ).

I know all new processes will have teething problems but this is utterly shambolic. Seriously were people given ANY training at all before reviewing these applications ??? And if there supposedly is so much wrong with my application, as I sent the stuff in August, why could I not get ONE list in September detailing EXACTLY what they wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungwan1k94

I sent in all my documents around august and susi said that never recived any of my documents so what does this men do i have to send in everything again really really like please help Urgent

• Registered Users Posts: 36 redrozy

I sent in all my documents around august and susi said that never recived any of my documents so what does this men do i have to send in everything again really really like please help Urgent
    Same thing happened to me had to resend everything again. Received a text a month ago to say documents had been received so still waiting to hear from them. Don't know how such important documents can go missing. Resend everything as quick as you can by registered post if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

I am so sick of this grant crowd, honeslty it is a flipping disgrace. I have had to resend documents 3 times and got another letter today after them texting me saying all was well that i need to send off a hse statement that I already sent off twice!!! I swear to god, i hate this place. As if college is not stressful enough in all fairness without having to resend documents to these w**kers time and time again!!!! Completetly sick of this incompetant country,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I am so sick of this grant crowd, honeslty it is a flipping disgrace. I have had to resend documents 3 times and got another letter today after them texting me saying all was well that i need to send off a hse statement that I already sent off twice!!! I swear to god, i hate this place. As if college is not stressful enough in all fairness without having to resend documents to these w**kers time and time again!!!! Completetly sick of this incompetant country,

Ask them how you can make a formal complaint?

Send the complaint in and also CC the Oireachtas committee on education

James.Bannon@oir.ie, Ray.Butler@oir.ie, Joan.Collins@oir.ie, Clare.Daly@oir.ie, Brendan.Griffin@oir.ie, Simon.harris@oir.ie, Derek.Keating@oir.ie, Charlie.McConalogue@oir.ie, Nicky.McFadden@oir.ie, Jonathan.OBrien@oir.ie, Willie.ODea@oir.ie, Aodhan.oriordain@oir.ie, Aengus.osnodaigh@oir.ie, Brendan.Ryan@oir.ie, joanna.tuffy@oir.ie, Jim.darcy@oir.ie, fidelma.healy.eames@oir.ie, marie.moloney@oir.ie, marielouise.odonnell@oir.ie, averil.power@oir.ie, diarmuid.wilson@oir.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

redrozy wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me had to resend everything again. Received a text a month ago to say documents had been received so still waiting to hear from them. Don't know how such important documents can go missing. Resend everything as quick as you can by registered post if possible.

Who says they've gone missing. What you've sent me not be sufficient or else you haven't sent exactly what was asked for. Read the letter you receive carefully, they're not just asking for the sake of it.

panama wrote: »

Who says they've gone missing. What you've sent me not be sufficient or else you haven't sent exactly what was asked for. Read the letter you receive carefully, they're not just asking for the sake of it.
    I was asked for all my documents again. Same as I sent in the first place. They said they never received any documents in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

redrozy wrote: »
    I was asked for all my documents again. Same as I sent in the first place. They said they never received any documents in the first place.

That could be an An Post service problem.

panama wrote: »

That could be an An Post service problem.
    Was actually told over the phone by susi that they received my document pack and then a month later I rang again to be told they had no documentation from me. So who is at fault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

If I'm entering 1st year this year can I apply now? Or do I have to wait til June like last year?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement