Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

A little.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Sebastian's pose looks weird. It kinda forces me to think he is Lili's martial arts teacher. (Sebastian, can't you do better than this?)
    But seriously, if he's gonna do saltos and **** like Lili does, he will look terribly freaky. I hope he has different moves and they are manly-ed up.
    xD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490632

More screenshots here, including portraits and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

184101_4542394156292_886886783_n.jpg

This is somewhere north of manila

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Ok lads!
    When is this **** coming out for PS3? I am willing to play if somebody teaches me. (In XGC.) Just for the fun of it.

• Advertisement

It's officially out on friday, but you might get lucky and get it a day early with some shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Its out as of today in the USA, anyone know why none of the major sites like IGN and Gamespot have a review up yet ? :confused:, theres a few independent reviews but none of them show how good the netcode is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I might avoid playing it online anyway. Tekken 6 just made me want to smash things and was never anything other than annoying. No enjoyment from playing it online at all suffering the lag abuse lows/strings etc

Gotta get the stick sorted for the release

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

yep, no matter how good the netcode is you can bet it'll still be annoying to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Online's only good for building on your character knowledge and for spacing.

So, who's going to this pre-release tourney tomorrow? :)
    And where?

• Advertisement

Online's only good for building on your character knowledge and for spacing.

Sadly, its also some peoples only option to play against other players if you live in a part of the country with no scene and/or also have too many real life commitments to attend one regardless.

If the netcode sucks, Im basicly reduced to fighting the CPU, which means waiting till it hits the bargin bins. If its good, it means a pre order right now.

J0hnick wrote: »
    Sadly, its also some peoples only option to play against other players if you live in a part of the country with no scene and/or also have too many real life commitments to attend one regardless.

If the netcode sucks, Im basicly reduced to fighting the CPU, which means waiting till it hits the bargin bins. If its good, it means a pre order right now.

You could always troll online with King to get your money's worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

All reports over on TBZ and Neogaf report the netcode as extremely solid, not surprising really as its based on the SC5 netcode

EVanB wrote: »
    All reports over on TBZ and Neogaf report the netcode as extremely solid, not surprising really as its based on the SC5 netcode

Good, SC5's net code was great, guess Ill be placing that pre order so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

If anyone does want to play online my PSN is Newaglish and I have a sneaky suspicion I'll be playing this all weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

anyone up for saturday ttt2 casuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

J0hnick wrote: »
    Its out as of today in the USA, anyone know why none of the major sites like IGN and Gamespot have a review up yet ? :confused:, theres a few independent reviews but none of them show how good the netcode is.

The review embargo in America ends in half an hour. Reviews online will be popping up here and there later today.

I'm totally up for playing online and offline.

PSN = skeering

Maybe we should do casuals on Friday since that's when we'll all be in collecting the game? But then again maybe better to just collect it on Saturday and have casuals at the normal time. I'll only come in one day, so unless the gamestop tournament is on Friday I'll wait till Saturday to play it with you guys!

I'll try and attend casuals on Saturday as well.

How much are gamestop selling it for ?, I could get it form Amazon for cheaper but I also want it day 1.

• Advertisement

BTW, which consoles did you guys get this for? I got it for Xbox.

PS3; because I don't have a hdmi port for my xbox and I wanna appreciate the graphic designers hard work :p

I'm getting it on PS3 anyway. I could be around for casuals on Saturday although I possibly have a conflict during the early/mid afternoon. Will be working Friday so could only do the evening really but it wouldn't be ideal!

First reviews are starting to come in

Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-11-tekken-tag-tournament-2-review

8/10

IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/11/tekken-tag-tournament-2-review

7.5 (The guy who reviewed it doesnt sound like fighters are his favourite genre)

i have a double reacting button on my stick - any1 have a soldering iron :P

I take it you like what you see then? :)

I take it you like what you see then? :)

sure ill give it a go!
    might have a saturday free this week to pop in for some casuals. broken stick and all :P

I have a tag (rugby not Tekken!) blitz on Saturday so I'm only free in the evening if anyone is around. Otherwise you can catch me online

Will probably be online Saturday evening as herself is away :p
    Anybody on PSN add me: godfistedkaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

My XBL runs out on September 16th so you can bet I'll be rinsing this game for the 48 hours after release till I'm back on Silver :( (aka making another gold account for a free month :pac: )

Advertisement