Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options
  • 21-05-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

ttt2.jpg

Release Date - 14th September

Character List - Here

Official Forums - Here

Get Hype!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Video on the DLC characters (Angel, Kunimitsu, Ogre and Michelle)

Personally, I'm hype for Michelle as I always wanted her to return since T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

wer alex

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No game is complete without Jun!!

Cobelcog wrote: »
    wer alex
    This gameplay video for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 features the first four characters featured in the DLC pack: Michelle, Angel, Ancient Ogre, and Kunimitsu.
    Sounds like there's more on the way. Can only think of Alex/Roger/Tiger/Dr.B/Miharu/Gon/Tetsujin/Forrest Law/

That's excluding all the Jacks, old King/Kuma and Violet

Tbh game needs Miharu but besides that, all the characters I like are in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

thx gus

• Advertisement

Cobelcog wrote: »
    thx gus

Np ;)

Oh apparently Violet is the instructor for the Fight Lab and there's rumours of Gon being a minigame in Fight Lab as well, where you have to hit him off the ground and keep him up until he pops like a balloon.

And Miharu can apparently be seen in the schoolyard stage, think she only appears when Xiaoyu is being played but again, this is just rumours. The girl does resemble Miharu a bit though so this might rule her out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The thumbnail for that video makes it look like ogre is singing on X-Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

hype get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Anybody intending playing this?
    I'm thinking of making a semi Tekken comeback for it. T6 wasnt my favourite game ever but the movement being back helps and this looks potetnially fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yes and Yes

double mishimas ftw :D

I'll prob play Jin and Jun like I did back in the day...

Asuka/Miharu (If she makes it)

Or Asuka/Jun

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'd probably play Top & Tier if I play this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

will prob give it a bash on release, enjoy tag

Release date has been confirmed - September 14th for EU and probably 11th for USA.

A special edition of TTT2 is also announced, includes a metal box, original soundtrack, artbook and a behind the scenes DVD.

www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/22/tekken-tag-tournament-2-europe-release-date-announced/

And Michelle's model is also revealed.

http://www.xboxygen.com/IMG/jpg/tekken-tag-tournament-2-new-perso_3_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Release date has been confirmed - September 14th for EU and probably 11th for USA.

A special edition of TTT2 is also announced, includes a metal box, original soundtrack, artbook and a behind the scenes DVD.

www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/22/tekken-tag-tournament-2-europe-release-date-announced/

Looks like I'll be pre-ordering after all. Michelle looks exactly like she did in T2. I wonder how they'll explain how she and Kunimitsu didn't age [or got younger]

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Fergus_ wrote: »

Looks like I'll be pre-ordering after all. Michelle looks exactly like she did in T2. I wonder how they'll explain how she and Kunimitsu didn't age [or got younger]

They don't need to, tekken tag is out of continuity with the main games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Boss27Eur?feature=watch

Some good footage on this channel for TTT2 matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eEN_Ahdt8Tk

Snoop Dog to the rescue of Tekken :D

Whatever gets more people playing I guess!

@bigstupidguy (:pac:)

are you guys still playing tekken? A few of us still play it in casuals if yous wanna come in and have a few games, try to get the t6 scene going again

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

We had something of a renaissance of t6 after a nice couple of months of SCV.
    It might be nice to pop in. I'd love to see If I'm a match for any of you. I've improved marginally.

I havent turned on t6 since the last tournament but wouldnt mind a few games before this comes out. Been giving Hybrid a shot there using Devil Kaz and Jin and it's a little messy but still decent fun. The juggles are going a bit too far methinks. Plus at least the movement is back to T5DR type so that's better

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Yeah we have still been playing it alright, but to be honest I think it's impossible to revive the tekken scene right now, everyone is just waiting for TTT2.

But it's cool that you guys are playing it now, I have a good feeling for September! but hey in the mean time if any of the tekken players want to go in during the summer to a casual session please let me know and I'll be there :)

I think it's impossible to revive the tekken scene right now

It's really not, all you guys have to do is come in there are usually 4-5 people who would play it with you. =] iirc there were about 4-5 players guys who used to do the old ranbats. Before you know it we could have 9-10 players for tekken ranbats/casuals

Glad to see you all interested again, every wednesday and saturday there's a good few of us in xgc. Hope to see you all there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sweet, because if there's anything that will improve the game it's random appearances by has-been rappers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sweet, because if there's anything that will improve the game it's random appearances by has-been rappers. :pac:

This statement is never untrue!

http://www.youtube.com/user/79978867547864536877/videos

This guy uploaded the new character themes for tag 2 worth checking out. A lot of them are remastered versions of their old ones like Kaz, bruce from t2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    @bigstupidguy (:pac:)

are you guys still playing tekken? A few of us still play it in casuals if yous wanna come in and have a few games, try to get the t6 scene going again

PS3 or XBOX?

Advertisement