Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I'll be using Alisa on point but don't know who else to use. I'm guessing I'll start with Angel/Zafina and when I can get Kunimitsu, I'll switch to her.

I'm saying all this now but there is so much choice, it could be anyone.

Also, I'll be playing on Xbox so feel free to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

For me it's Asuka and Lei

Although I've been trying Lee also and he is so stylish and cool... not really interested in anyone else TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

i'll decide mine after i take some holidays back at home (probably being beaten by all players!) :D

trecs wrote: »
    i'll decide mine after i take some holidays back at home (probably being beaten by all players!) :D

nOOb

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

nOOb

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    I'll be using Alisa on point but don't know who else to use. I'm guessing I'll start with Angel/Zafina and when I can get Kunimitsu, I'll switch to her.

I'm saying all this now but there is so much choice, it could be anyone.

Also, I'll be playing on Xbox so feel free to add me.

<GASP!> Patrick is back!

mantys wrote: »
    <GASP!> Patrick is back!

:eek: Look who else is back!!!!

<GASP!> Patrick is back!

:p

How are you? Still playing Tekken or?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

The more the merrier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

<GASP!> Patrick is back!
    welcome back man! :)
    You've missed a tournie and some really good casual sessions!
    You available this sat for casuals? :cool:

• Advertisement

OK guys, I have to come out clean. No offense.

I hate TTT2. It looks like a retarded clone of T6 with tag. That's it. Combos are longer, combos are longer, and combos are longer. Same all ****. Oh, let's make a game where the combos are actually even longer. OK?
    This tag has nothing to do with TTT, which was a kewl game back then. There was tracking and all. Now you have T6 with tag. Enjoy being afloat for nearly 10 seconds. Go for a smoke.

Second thing I dislike, is the number of characters. Why the number of characters? Because some of them are just a total copy of another character, or a 50% copy with some new moves. Let's make another Chreddy! Or let's make six of them and name them Tonny, Frederic, Puppy, Erica, Crystal and Britney, yaaay! Well they all have the same moves, yes, but are a totally different characters, because we named them differently and gave them a different texture. Hurray!
    The only thing I like is the customizations and new rage system.

I know there are some characters who are new and all, but seriously?

The thing is. Players complained about the combos in T6. About how long they are. And they made them longer? And give me a break with "some players drop combos" ****.

Launcher, couple of hits, a finisher. That's it. Not launcher,couple of hits (tagged or not), bound (tagged or not), multi hits with both characters and a finisher.

Oh and one last question: Why not make a step forward and let the round continue, even if one character is KOed?

If there is not enough hype or there are some changes in this, I'm not playing this crap. Not even sorry.

This is just my opinion. I will buy the game and play it at home. If Patrick, Dom, Aaron and Jeff post their opinion and actually say the game IS good, I will change my mind. Until then,...enjoy flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I agree with mantys.

I'll play casuals, but I don't think I'll bother really getting into the game myself.

I hate TTT2. It looks like a retarded clone of T6 with tag. That's it.

Wasn't TTT just a clone of T3 also?

Combos are longer, combos are longer, and combos are longer.

Give me a game which is a mix of pokes and combos over a game which is a mix between EWGF and hellsweep anyday, correct me if I'm wrong but that's what TTT came down to at high level play right?

Second thing I dislike, is the number of characters. Why the number of characters?

Well the reason there are so many clone characters is because new players then don't have to learn 2 characters in order to play the game. A new player can just learn Law or Roger or Jack and team them with Forest or Alex or P. Jack. And since they are just clone characters it wont be more frame data for me to learn haha. Also the large roster means the game should theoretically have a longer life-span.

The only thing I like is the customizations and new rage system.

Me too! T6 customisation sucked!!!! Compared to SCV which was I believe overall a better game than Tekken 6.

The thing is. Players complained about the combos in T6. About how long they are. And they made them longer? And give me a break with "some players drop combos" ****.

He lol I agree that "players drops combos" is a sad excuse for making them long! But Marvel apparently had worse combos than Tekken and people don't seem to complain about it nearly as much, I don't really understand why? At least in Tekken you can modify juggles to suit almost unlimited mixups. Although most just go for the same combo again and again haha. :(

Launcher, couple of hits, a finisher. That's it. Not launcher,couple of hits (tagged or not), bound (tagged or not), multi hits with both characters and a finisher.

I sounds to me that the player would need to make at least 3 big mistakes to be finished in one of your scenarios here, which is fair enough considering you have 3 rounds right? Isn't 10 big mistakes fair enough to loose a game of Tekken? Besides you forgot that you can (sorta) safely tag in now also at the wall with tag crash. Although I saw in a video that you can SS and launch this which kinda pissed me off TBH. I think people preferred TTT because there was no walls in it, not so much the juggling. I think it's just too easy to get to a wall, at least the stages are a bit bigger now anyway.

Oh and one last question: Why not make a step forward and let the round continue, even if one character is KOed?

Because it's a tag game, you have to love both characters and look after them both. If the game did what you said then people would never risk raw tagging. What would be the point? Whether you are going to tag or not is one of the biggest mind games in TTT2. Doing what you suggest here would put less emphasis on a "team" and take away a lot of mind games. which would be bad overall I think. Although it might be fun to have the option to do this offline at home etc? Just for the craic.

If there is not enough hype or there are some changes in this, I'm not playing this crap. Not even sorry.

Well I don't think much needs to be changed in the game to be honest. Except that combo damage vrs risk reward launcher is still too unblanced. But I completely agree that there's no point in playing a game which is not hyped, no point really :)

This is just my opinion. I will buy the game and play it at home. If Patrick, Dom, Aaron and Jeff post their opinion and actually say the game IS good, I will change my mind. Until then,...enjoy flying!

Think for yourself man! Some of those guys seem to have lost the buzz.

I guess this is all just my opinion also, but I tried to be unbiased! I still think the game looks like so much fun :o

I understand what you mean, but I'm sorry, it is just not enough to be excited about the game. I watch videos on YT, matches and all. And I turn it off in couple of minutes. It just is T6 with tag.

I'm defo not a sheep :rolleyes:, so I will have my own opinion, but I have such a respect for the guys (Jeff, Aaron, Dom, Patrick), because TTT was the best of the series, so if they don't like it, I probably will not neither.

@combos: One proper combo will take 60% of your life bar down. The same as in T6. So the damage was taken down, but the combo is longer. And the wall finishers, where you just hit the wall zillion times and both characters are hitting you nearly at the same time just looks retarded.

@characters: as I said, NOPE. Either make a decent NEW character with NEW moves, NEW story, NEW feel (Zafina anyone?) or don't make copies. That is just wrong. Spend money on development team to make new exciting stuff or don't do it at all. That's just sloppy. (only exception being a character that makes a comeback due to the story-part of the game.) But having 2 Laws, 2 bears, Chreddy, 2 Jacks, 2 Rogers, and whoever I missed...NO.:mad: What will be next? Lili's evil twin sister?

@Ogre: That THING is fugly. Kill it with fire before it lays eggs. I'm serial!

@new moves: Example: Lili's db+4 was bad before, so nobody was using it. Now it doesn't even trip. It launches only on CH. Miguel's shoulder tackle: safe therefor spamable.

I don't know, but more and more I look at it, this game will be a major disaster. (Preying and still HOPING it will not) Players who loved TTT1 will be in bits because of it, I'm telling you.

Peace out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Personally I love the huge roster for TTT2, makes for a huge variety in teams, but from a competitive point of view, I can see how it would be daunting to learn more characters frame data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Mantys, I can undertsand what you are saying - it's Aaron here. I'm going to give it a shot anyway but a lot of the top Korean players seem to think the game is too spammy but seem to think it's fun anyway. If you look at their games there are far more launchers and juggles than you would have seen in the average t6 game. Plus i have seen juggles with Lars and Leo that almost did 100% damage on their longer life bars and that would carry across any stage no problem.
    I'll never enjoy one as much as the original TTT - i actually went to the UK to play that and everything. T5DR was next best for me - it was more simple than T6 with far less moves - but much more like TTT in how it was played.
    I'll just need a working stick for when it's released!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Chunkis posted this on IRC:

http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/news/2012/08/22/namco-bandai-uk-unveils-the-tekken-tag-tournament-2-schedule-of-events-and-tournaments/3061

IRELAND FINAL

Gamestop – details TBC

They ran a similar thing when T4 launched and I still have the Tekken 4 world tournament edition and scroll at home that i got for entering. Got flown to London with people from Sony, the Star and the Den on RTE (interviewed for both - bleh!) and unfortunately ended up with the two guys that got to the final in my group. Plus i wasnt all that pushed on Tekken 4 so wasnt that good. Mainly used it as a TTT session against London heads afterwards after they all went about stealing all the free food and drink :P
    Still though, free 4 star hotel and all free food and drink provided by Sony. Free gig in the venue after the tournament with a free bar all night and it coincided with the launch of the Eye Toy. Also got all Sony games released for a year for free and tonnes of t-shirts and other nonsense.

The only crap thing was you had to use pads on one of those stand up pods - garbage!!

Cool, some incentive to practice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

From the vids I've watched, and, I've been watching them keenly for nearly a year, there's a LOT more strategy to it than T6.

With the various ways to tag, and more importantly, with 'raw' tagging being sooo unsafe, you need to time it well and change up your use of the various tag options.
    I've watched so many matches where a player will not tag untill the right option is determined.
    Sure this tactic 'may' cost you a round, but, just raw tagging or tag-crashing @ wall 'WILL' cost you the round, so its worth trying to play with more pokes and various pressure tactics for the attacking opponent rather than just throwing out a launcher, because if that launcher is blocked then the defending opponent can punish and tag safely, there-by your losing your chance to win.

It won't be just launcher, launcher, launcher.
    Ppl who play like that will get owned IMO.

Sure the juggles are a little long, but, they look damn cool!
    With variety you can use, as-well-as the added oki of T6, with the options of tagging or not, the 'strategic game' of tekken has majorly increased.
    Your typical online tactics that soooo f*^kin many scrubs out there currently use won't be applicable because the smarter player will prevail because of the higher number of options available to them.

We haven't even got our hands on it yet, let's keep the optimisim high! ;)

@Aaron;
    I'd imagine they've updated it at this stage so we can use sticks!
    Looks really cool, will do my damndest to attend it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

@Aaron;
    I'd imagine they've updated it at this stage so we can use sticks!
    Looks really cool, will do my damndest to attend it :)

For a Gamestop tournament?

Don't count on it! It would probably be best for RS.ie guys to contact them.

Anyone for Tekken casuals today? :D So hyped for Tag 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I would up for some tekken casuals today if people are going

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    I would up for some tekken casuals today if people are going

Well, it looks like nobody is interested :D other than myself and yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ye.. another day then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

If people were there I'd almost drag myself into XGC but I'm very hungover!

I was pretty hung over and busy today... Otherwise I would have gone in!

Gamestop told me today they are running a little tournament either on launch day or the week after. So that should be cool. I hope it's on the day so we all suck haha.

Should be some great games to come this month!

Jeez.... I was in Quirky's arcade this week and noticed a T6 arcade booth. so I poped in some money for the craic!

My god! The graphics on the arcade version are about twice as good as console. I couldn't believe there was such a difference. Also Asuka's move list was completely different. In the end I couldn't beat Azazel though... :(

• Advertisement

Jeez.... I was in Quirky's arcade this week and noticed a T6 arcade booth. so I poped in some money for the craic!

My god! The graphics on the arcade version are about twice as good as console. I couldn't believe there was such a difference. Also Asuka's move list was completely different. In the end I couldn't beat Azazel though... :(

I remember the good old days playing TTT and T3 in there. And TTT in Barneys used to be brilliant - loads playing. Even T5 had a good few besides being a mess of a game. That was before it became gambling joint with a few broken ass games lobbed in :pac:

Advertisement