Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

batman_oh wrote: »
    I remember the good old days playing TTT and T3 in there. And TTT in Barneys used to be brilliant - loads playing. Even T5 had a good few besides being a mess of a game. That was before it became gambling joint with a few broken ass games lobbed in :pac:

If you played TTT in Barneys you probably played me as a child more than once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭batman_oh

If you played TTT in Barneys you probably played me as a child more than once :)

spent way too much of my time in there! The machine was much better and cheaper than the ones in quirkeys!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

batman_oh wrote: »
    spent way too much of my time in there! The machine was much better and cheaper than the ones in quirkeys!

The lads in Barneys would actually maintain the machines if you asked and always made sure the buttons were in the right order. That went for every fighting game they had in there (and they had plenty).

I remember when they had X-Men vs Street Fighter, they had a sign up on it saying they'd only refund 50p if the Akuma glitch happened, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jeez.... I was in Quirky's arcade this week and noticed a T6 arcade booth. so I poped in some money for the craic!

My god! The graphics on the arcade version are about twice as good as console. I couldn't believe there was such a difference. Also Asuka's move list was completely different. In the end I couldn't beat Azazel though... :(
    Pretty sure it's simply a case of the arcade cab (Namco Noir HD) having a better screen & more RAM.
    Are the sticks/buttons in there still banjaxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Yeah, i was in there recently enough playing some shooting gallery games with the GF and we popped onto the T6 machines.
    The picture quality IS amazing, but the movelists are almost completely different with vanilla T6! :(
    Not to mention the serious lack of tracking moves! :-O

Both the left punch and left kick buttons on the first (left-side) machine are busted on 1-p.
    The 2p side is fine.

The right punch button is busted on the second cab on the 1-p side and can't remember if the 2-p was any good or not.
    Bob (v@grant) informed me that it was most likely a simple case of the wire's being detached.
    Be nice if they'd fix 'em....but i won't hold my breath on it! :-/

@BigStupidGuy;
    Which gamestop location is hosting the tournament?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I was playing on the right machine and using the 1p side, it was fine for me?....

It seems to be T6 without the BR though right?

The tournament would be held in the Henry street GameStop I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Does anyone know what shops in Ireland do what pre-order bonuses?

Preferably Angel/Michelle or all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know what shops in Ireland do what pre-order bonuses?

Preferably Angel/Michelle or all :D

Gamestop does pre-order bonuses, you get Angel and Michelle as well as some other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Gamestop does pre-order bonuses, you get Angel and Michelle as well as some other stuff.

I really dont know what to do when this game lands, the only DLC character I want is Kunimitsu, so my options are

1. Buy the game from Amazon where its cheapest plus get 10% off as a staff discount, but no pre order DLC and wont have it day 1, probably wont have it till Monday the 17th.
    2. Pre order it from Zavvi, get the pre order DLC characters I want but pay about €8 more for it and still wont have it day 1, again probably not getting it till Monday the 17th.
    3. Pre order if from Gamestop, get 2 DLC characters but ones I have almost no interest in, pay about €10 more but at least get to play it on day 1.

Hhhmm, decisions :confused:

PS - I know all the DLC will be free in 3 months, but it still bugs me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Gonna try play Bob, Lars and Jinpachi when this comes out.

• Advertisement

Gonna use Asuka and
    Asuka

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

I was playing on the right machine and using the 1p side, it was fine for me?....

It seems to be T6 without the BR though right?

The tournament would be held in the Henry street GameStop I reckon.

Button masher!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

All of the pre-order DLC is up for download for free on the EU PSN at the moment, likely an oversight but best to jump on it

Dammit, I was literally on the page then it got removed.

So what's the story with Alex, PJack, Forest and Tiger?

Are they gonna be there Day 1? I saw a recent video with someone with a copy of TTT2 and he had those 4 but not Angel/Michelle/Kunimitsu/Ogre which are going to be released later.

You know at this stage there has been so much confusion about dlc characters I kinda stopped trying to keep up to date about it.... It'll happen when it happens i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

So what's the story with Alex, PJack, Forest and Tiger?

Are they gonna be there Day 1? I saw a recent video with someone with a copy of TTT2 and he had those 4 but not Angel/Michelle/Kunimitsu/Ogre which are going to be released later.

I think that you have to unlock them through playing arcade mode.

I asked on Tekken Zaibatsu, PJack/Alex/Tiger/Forest are all available on Day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I have no qualms with the damage, it's usually only on the wall it gets hard to deal with cause of oki but a mixup is a mixup

It's fine as is, makes for quicker more intense games. My only qualm is with how easy it is to throw out a launcher that's unsafe, get punished by a 12f-14f punisher, then tag out and recover that red health, voila, you've essentially performed a no risk launcher and that punish you received is now null and void. The plus is, that if you know someone is gonna raw tag in, specially in this situation you get to punish their ass on the tag in :D

The Tag Crash/Netsu system is perfect imo, makes for interesting meta game and combo decisions. I'm still unsure if Tag Crash is whiff punishable? I know its safe on block/hit and is completely invincible

Practice mode looks sick! It's gonna be pivotal to improvement and experimenting

I just hope the online is good, if it's gonna be T6 standard then, what's the point Namco?!

Should definitely get a day one lobby going when everyone's settled in! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpYourGame?feature=watch

They have basic TTT2 tutorials and character analysis of Kunimitsu/Michelle/Angel/Ogre as well. Worth checking out.

• Advertisement

I really want to play with Angle now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere else, but...

http://cardinalperception.com/mb/showthread.php/275-Tekken-Tag-Tournament-2-UNLIMITED-to-be-revealed-at-AOU2k12?p=26243&viewfull=1#post26243
    The game got leaked and the disc has been data mined. The last unrevealed characters are...
    Miharu (Xiaoyu's friend in T4 who now has tits bigger than Asuka)
    Dr. B
    Slim Bob
    Sebastion (Lili's butler)
    Violet (Lee)
    Unknown (playable version)

Yreval wrote: »

Been wanting Miharu to appear as a playable character since T4!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Sebastion? How on earth would that work. He's obscenely old, without the benefit of being a werewolf, or to my knowledge, having fighting training.

Just finished watching the TTT2 endings, there's some endings that actually advances the plot, and the rest are all jokey ones.

1347245907947.jpg

And the characters are confirmed to be playable. Miharu looks different :/ , not really liking the new look.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Miharu looks different :/ , not really liking the new look.

Of course :pac:

Cool, although I don't like the idea of seeing Sebastian swooping around like Lili, it's pretty stupid.

But I love all the others :)

That's not the Miharu I've been waiting for :/

• Advertisement

Really? What's wrong with it?

I think she looks good, a little on the lolita side but whatev's...

Advertisement