Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

So for anyone interested the TTT2 gamestop launch day tournament apparently starts at 11 in the morning. This is kinda hear say as of now but sure I'm gonna check it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

I Pre Ordered mine from gamestop yet i nly Got michelle and Ogre,,,, i thought Gamestop gives you the full 4

Not in Europe im afraid! You could try exchange your codes with someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Made a team for the heck of it..OmegaTekken

http://wtf.tekken.com/team/edit/xbox/862

Just gonna be whoever here wants to join and a few other friends who play tekken I know personally

Lemme know and I'll send invite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

So what do people think of the game so far?

I think it is really good. I like the art design and music. Its just fun. Much better then I expected TBH. A huge improvement on T6. I don't think some of the reviews do it justice. Graphics, online and load times greatly improved. With so many different styles and the tag aspect it really opens up the roster. The fight LAB has confirmed that my reactions are sh1te. Have to work on that. Explains my frustrations with fighting games online :)

So many people are pulling off long juggles and combos online on day one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

So did anyone go to the Gamestop tourney? and anyone up for casuals today? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I Pre Ordered mine from gamestop yet i nly Got michelle and Ogre,,,, i thought Gamestop gives you the full 4

Gamestop and Zavvi both offered 2 characters each, but nowhere in europe offered all 4. Only way to get all 4 on day 1 would have been to buy 2 copies from each retailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

J0hnick wrote: »
    Gamestop and Zavvi both offered 2 characters each, but nowhere in europe offered all 4. Only way to get all 4 on day 1 would have been to buy 2 copies from each retailer

Not strictly true, if you happened to be browsing the PS Store when they very briefly put all of them up (accidentally) for general download you could have all of them ;)

You're not missing much to be honest, Kunimitsu is the only decent character out of the 4.

U
    Not strictly true, if you happened to be browsing the PS Store when they very briefly put all of them up (accidentally) for general download you could have all of them ;)

You're not missing much to be honest, Kunimitsu is the only decent character out of the 4.

Nice!, but if you have a 360 then your pretty much screwed. Having said that, Gamestop were supposed to be doing the Angel and Michelle DLC, I was going to get the game from Zavvi just for Kuni but I wanted the game day 1 even more. So I was happily suprised that, by some fluke, Gamestop gave me a code for Kuni/Ogre :-), and yes Kunimitsu does rock

I got no pre-order DLC and I booked with Gamestop :(

Loving the game so far...wow the online is ****ing godlike (better than SFIV? :o ) Still getting used to the Tag Assault metagame, its actually quite a deep mechanic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Never tag assault on solo characters early in the match, lesson learnt.

Ramza wrote: »
    I got no pre-order DLC and I booked with Gamestop !

Gamestop are notorious for that if they run out of DLC codes, youd never get that with an online retailer like Amazon or Zavvi, if you pre order you f***in pre ordered.

If it makes ya feel any better, Ive got a spare Lili avatar DLC if ya want it ? :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ggs everybody, i'm so bad at this game, still lots of fun though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ditto.

Game is insanely good, only been playing it offline till I get used to the game, lookin forward to playin ye online lads ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Liking it do far. Bought a new stick and I can't do hellsweeps or ewgf on my better 2p side. Useless piece of crap! So gone back to one with double reacting button :p must try get it fixed. Any1 on psn add me! godfisteskaz

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

Hey , preordered this from gamestop, got my codes , but where do the free DLC characters (ogre kuni etc) come from? There's no online market place in the game menus.

daltronica wrote: »
    Hey , preordered this from gamestop, got my codes , but where do the free DLC characters (ogre kuni etc) come from? There's no online market place in the game menus.

Do you have it for PS3 or 360 ?. For 360 just press the home button, then the left bumper and there should be an option to "Redeem code".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I got my code, but it was printed on a tiny piece of paper and sellotaped to the front of the still-in-plastic case.

For what its worth, I logged onto the PSN Store last week and saw all the Tekken Tag 2 DLC available to download. When I tried it it failed, and when I reloaded the store they had disappeared. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

Only some mid's whiff, mostly "high-mids"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Just gonna be whoever here wants to join and a few other friends who play tekken I know personally

What's the name of the Team?

Can you send me an invite. My xbox live gamer tag and name on WTF is Private Derp. Not great at the game at the moment. Still trying to settle on a main team.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

Do you have it for PS3 or 360 ?. For 360 just press the home button, then the left bumper and there should be an option to "Redeem code".

Yeah I redeemed the code (360), but not sure what to do now? Are the DLC characters live yet? Is there no ingame marketplace ala SFXT, VF5FS etc. Thanks

Had a go at a few ranked matches. It was more like NBA jam with me being the ball. Its a great game but fairly unforgiving for new or casual players :). You don't get many mistakes against a good player. You also need to make your punishes count. Still it is a addictive game and I am going to put the time into it. So many match ups to learn. The xbox dpad is crap for crouch and parry etc. I am going to buy a stick soon for this game.

Trying to settle on a main team. There are so many I want to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Username is MitchKoobski across everything, but I'm playing on a PS3. Not sure if they're allowing teams cross-platform.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hi guys,

For reasons I don't want to announce yet, I need to take down any and all Tekken content from the Brianvondoom channel.

If you want to keep the videos, please download them over the next day or two.

I'm sorry I have to do this but it's for the good of the channel, sadly :(

I like the way they made most low attacks in the game really unsafe now, it's way less frames etc to learn, you can kinda punish everything with the one attack now :)

So hard to pick a team though lol, so many great characters and every team has so many individual options which are up to the player to figure out and learn. That's half the fun though, and most of the new characters don't have any annoying mid low strings to learn which is nice (except Jun).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hi guys,

For reasons I don't want to announce yet, I need to take down any and all Tekken content from the Brianvondoom channel.

If you want to keep the videos, please download them over the next day or two.

I'm sorry I have to do this but it's for the good of the channel, sadly :(
    Fvcking hell Namco...

Advertisement