Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I like the way they made most low attacks in the game really unsafe now, it's way less frames etc to learn, you can kinda punish everything with the one attack now :)

So hard to pick a team though lol, so many great characters and every team has so many individual options which are up to the player to figure out and learn. That's half the fun though, and most of the new characters don't have any annoying mid low strings to learn which is nice (except Jun).

Jun is making me very sad online at the mo! Need to learn her annoying strings. Also as the ranks get higher the spammers that abuse online junk are starting to appear. At least lili's sweep doesn't launch and you have some chance now with the better connection with a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hi guys,

For reasons I don't want to announce yet, I need to take down any and all Tekken content from the Brianvondoom channel.

If you want to keep the videos, please download them over the next day or two.

I'm sorry I have to do this but it's for the good of the channel, sadly :(

All Tekken content or just TTT2?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

All Tekken content or just TTT2?

All Tekken.

I'm going to make a thread about it later, it's not necessairly a bad thing, just namco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

The ranking system on the World Tekken Federation counts player matches and ranked matches as being the same.

WTF indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tekkenman

is there a thread that we can leave our PSN?
    im looking for some local players to play with.

thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

tekkenman wrote: »
    is there a thread that we can leave our PSN?
    im looking for some local players to play with.

thanks guys

The google doc in this stickied topic here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452989

I just gave you guys a TTT2 column

The google doc in this stickied topic here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452989

I just gave you guys a TTT2 column

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

batman_oh wrote: »
    Jun is making me very sad online at the mo! Need to learn her annoying strings. Also as the ranks get higher the spammers that abuse online junk are starting to appear. At least lili's sweep doesn't launch and you have some chance now with the better connection with a lot of them.

Yup I thought I was finally safe from snakedge and throws in general, but having played again just now I was against a bryan using it along with just one other move. I could only block it like half the time. But then again my internet is a little crappy so maybe it's just me.

Oh and I officially hate fighting solo mode people online :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So tekken people, lot of stuff going on in this thread. It's nice to see! You going to come to the Oct 6th meet up? TTT2 tournament, nice cash prize, recorded videos, commentary, bragging rights. All good stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Gonna drop Jun for Xiaoyu to familarise myself with her for Miharu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yes and Yes DooM :)

So tekken people, lot of stuff going on in this thread. It's nice to see! You going to come to the Oct 6th meet up? TTT2 tournament, nice cash prize, recorded videos, commentary, bragging rights. All good stuff :)

sorry i didnt go through all threads, where can i get some details of this meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Anybody able to meet up for casual stuff mid week?
    Mondays, Tuesday or Thursday evennings suit me. Any other days tend to be write offs!
    Online is still a bit gay to be honest. Lots of the same spammers using online garbage tactics! Plus Mishimas just dont work properly with the lag - its just enough to put you off

Has anyone else seen that bulls**t gun item move online yet? It fires like 100 shots and keeps tracking no matter how much you side step!

Now it's telling me I'm not properly completing my matches upload wise and up goes my disconnect rate. Jeeze.... I think it's cause I'm not registered with WTF. That's really really annoying...

@batman_oh Pretty much the only day I can ever go in is on Saturday, which is when most people go anyway. Maybe I could stay around next Thursday 27th if you like though? I'm not sure who else'll be there though.

I wanted to get a stick for ages so I got a Hori VX SA stick today. I am really enjoying TTT2 and I am going to put some time into learning it. Its a great stick but the transition from pad is harder then I expected. I played in arcades for years (I am 36 :o) so I thought I would pick it up straight away. Not so :rolleyes:

I suppose it is going to take some time to adjust but the game is new anyway. That poxy xbox dpad is a thing of the past.

I wanted to get a stick for ages so I got a Hori VX SA stick today. I am really enjoying TTT2 and I am going to put some time into learning it. Its a great stick but the transition from pad is harder then I expected. I played in arcades for years (I am 36 :o) so I thought I would pick it up straight away. Not so :rolleyes:

I suppose it is going to take some time to adjust but the game is new anyway. That poxy xbox dpad is a thing of the past.

I just switched to stick a few months ago also, I like it though I even treated myself to a nice proper arcade stick this week. Feels cooler haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's possible that your hands were used to European sticks, so the Japanese one will take a little bit of adjusting.

Actually Batman_oh it looks like I'll be in Dublin next monday if you'd like some games then? I Need to be somewhere at 6pm so it would have to be a good bit earlier that that.

Actually Batman_oh it looks like I'll be in Dublin next monday if you'd like some games then? I Need to be somewhere at 6pm so it would have to be a good bit earlier that that.

Stuck in work until 5.10 so unfortunately can't make that. Could try get a Saturday free soon. Think you added me on PSN so try a few online games later sure. It's not perfect but at least its better than t6 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

batman_oh wrote: »
    Stuck in work until 5.10 so unfortunately can't make that. Could try get a Saturday free soon. Think you added me on PSN so try a few online games later sure. It's not perfect but at least its better than t6 :pac:

Thinking of getting this today, wasn't a big fan of tekken 6 but loved TTT1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Are there any news regarding the downloadable soundtracks in the game? It shows tracks from Tekken 1, 2, 3, TTT, 4, 5 and 6. Unavailable as it's future DLC. Anyone know when it'll be out?

Fergus_ wrote: »

JP/HK pre-order version has all of them for free......

tekkenman wrote: »
    JP/HK pre-order version has all of them for free......

Nah those are Angel/Ogre/Kuni/Michelle but these DLC characters are the ones locked on the disc.

I was never big into T6 but I really like TTT2 and I am trying to progress with the game.

What do you think of rage in TTT2? Huge damage with rage on combo after tag. I like the rage system for come backs etc and it encourages tags but when somebody tags in and hits you twice and kills you its head wrecking. You can have over half your health and your tag partner still has full health and after one or two jammy hits and you are dead. Does rage need to be scaled back a bit?

Anyone any tips for wake up? Is it a case of learning their strings and blocking, gaining advantage and counter hitting? I cant see wtf is going on half the time against a good player and its a case of duck and cover (south park reference) trying to catch a block or mashing trying to get a hit in. My wake up game is crap.

I was never big into T6 but I really like TTT2 and I am trying to progress with the game.

What do you think of rage in TTT2? Huge damage with rage on combo after tag. I like the rage system for come backs etc and it encourages tags but when somebody tags in and hits you twice and kills you its head wrecking. You can have over half your health and your tag partner still has full health and after one or two jammy hits and you are dead. Does rage need to be scaled back a bit?

Anyone any tips for wake up? Is it a case of learning their strings and blocking, gaining advantage and counter hitting? I cant see wtf is going on half the time against a good player and its a case of duck and cover (south park reference) trying to catch a block or mashing trying to get a hit in. My wake up game is crap.

Wake up refers to what you do when you're trying to get up off the ground. What you're describing kinda sounds like general knowledge of strings and matchups.

In the case of wake up I'd say a general rule is to let your opponent hit you once and then safely roll away. If you're at the wall maybe tag crash is a better option because if you use it right you can avoid those 50/50 mixups.

But if you're trying to win by knowing holes in your opponents strings and where to attack etc... I'm afraid you can either rely on instinct or just go learn that character's strings and pressuring techniques so you know where to attack back.

I might have raged and broken my new stick playing online yesterday :pac:
    Bought it last week and for some reason cannot use Mishimas on 2p side on it. FDDF moves work about 30% of the time. Should have brought it back!

Need to get button fixed on my old one so no tekkne for me until then :confused:

Wake up refers to what you do when you're trying to get up off the ground. What you're describing kinda sounds like general knowledge of strings and matchups.

In the case of wake up I'd say a general rule is to let your opponent hit you once and then safely roll away. If you're at the wall maybe tag crash is a better option because if you use it right you can avoid those 50/50 mixups.

But if you're trying to win by knowing holes in your opponents strings and where to attack etc... I'm afraid you can either rely on instinct or just go learn that character's strings and pressuring techniques so you know where to attack back.

I am talking about getting off the ground. Safely rolling away is the issue. As I am trying to safely roll away I am getting kicked in the head :pac:

I guess I need to learn the matchups and strings. So many combinations when you add in the tag aspect. Relying on instinct is not really working out :). I nearly found out last night how good my new stick was at flying after getting kicked around the floor like a epileptic mackerel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

There are a load of different options when you get knocked down and you really have to mix them up to not get stomped on. There was a decent overview of wakeup options posted recently here: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/9/8/ttt2-beginners-guide-unit-4-crush-system-and-okizeme.html

Most people seem to think that rolling backwards all the time is the obvious safe option but its actually the easiest way to get slaughtered, you can even eat another juggle if the end of your backroll gets caught by a launcher.

Advertisement