Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

There are a load of different options when you get knocked down and you really have to mix them up to not get stomped on. There was a decent overview of wakeup options posted recently here: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/9/8/ttt2-beginners-guide-unit-4-crush-system-and-okizeme.html

Most people seem to think that rolling backwards all the time is the obvious safe option but its actually the easiest way to get slaughtered, you can even eat another juggle if the end of your backroll gets caught by a launcher.

Thanks for that link. I do have a habit of rolling backwards. I also did not know about back dash cancel. I am always back dashing and getting hit when I thought I was blocking.

There is so much to this game. I played Tekken 1 to 6 but never really got into the mechanics of the game. Sorry for all the newb questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Cheers for the games 2ni Scavenger XIII. My xbox tag is Private Derp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

You only roll back when you have enough distance from your opponent. A backwards roll is just asking to get repicked up into another combo (there's also a brief period after a back roll before it recovers where you can't block, but can still be fully launched as registered standing!)

Oki is really in depth and it's one of the hardest things to really master. It really depends on your situation but for now I'd say sticking to quick get up (P or K when hit floor) and side rolling (u+1, 1 on floor, for background and foreground rolling respectively) :) Tag crash at wall to save yourself from insane pressure and mixups :P

If you can't backdash cancel, remember to HOLD BACK, for the whole dash, that's why you're not blocking :) Most let it go to neutral and eat a smack in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Yup here is your guide to Korean Back Dash Cancelling

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/9/19/ttt2-korean-back-dash-tutorials-for-both-1p-and-2p.html

This guy is uploading daily tutorial videos for TTT2 so go check out all the past ones too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Earthday

hows the online play?. I am planning to pick this up. Is the netcode better then it was on tekken 6?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Very much so. Buy this game yesterday.

Online is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/248602223632846849

New customizations and online enchancement along with DLC chars/stages starting October 9th, woooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

If you pre-ordered the game and got the bonus characters (angel kuni etc) don't equip combot with the dlc characters moves in combot tuning it will glitch the game and disable you from playing the game on that save. it happened to me and now i can't play the game on my online profile. According to the WTF forums this save corrupting glitch isn't expected to be fixed until the Oct 9th update. So I am warning everyone not to do it as it will ruin your save. So do not equip combot with the dlc moves e.g angels laser beam

Thanks for the tip!

Although I haven't been playing much online anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Thanks for the tip!

Although I haven't been playing much online anyway....

It makes me rage in general still :pac:
    Playing good players is fine. Playing assholes who spam online abuse strings and lows that you still cant block on a 4 bar connection makes me cry :mad:

Do you mind me asking what lows in particular you have trouble blocking online?

Do you mind me asking what lows in particular you have trouble blocking online?

Chreddy walk up launch sweep. Zafina. Kuma launch sweep. Roger db sweep. Baek d+333/334 garbage( unless a really good connection) hwoarang strings on reaction. Yoshi 33 is it? Spin kick into sweep launch. Sick of people using kaz 124 as a legitimate move too!
    Also the input lag makes mishimas much harder to use.

It is infuriating fighting people with ****ing Grand Master rank who just spam moves from chars you don't know.....I know it's part of the game but jesus, like people who pick lars and do his flying launch kick somorsault at round start, people who do chreddy bs, I fought a Lei player who lay on the ground and just did random **** and owned me, when the Laws to the low sweep into flip, even tho its so ****ing slow you never react in time online, same with bryans d/f+3, its so slow but it smacks you and bam, goodbye 80 health T_T

I don't mind losing to someone of equal skill/better, but when you lose to someone you know is spamming and is useless, i get super salty, ngl :P

<3 Jun's uf+4,3

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

OK guys, it looks like I can get a partnership for my youtube channel.

Unfortunately Namco have a habit of copyright claiming virtually every piece fo tekken footage on the net, so I need to take mine down asap.

Take copies of your fights if you want them, because sadly I cannot currently host them any more.

I will start deleting them on Saturday.

Think I'll give up on mishimas online. It's just impossible to punish with ewgf when if you don't have 5 bars you aren't even sure it will come out right! Might move to Steve and somebody completely different.

I settled on Asuka and Jaycee, they have great combo potential since Asuka can tag off of db4,3 and julia can run in with ff1. I loved Lei also but he can't do that at all... I suppose 3 characters will be enough.

By the way how do you guys find breaking throws online? It's not too bad I think...

I'm still training myself to break throws on reaction.

Jun/Asuka isn't all that good, the damage potential with the two seems pretty weak to me, although they're both gdlk at being defensive with Jun being more pressure heavy than Asuka by the looks of it.

I'm getting 94 with Jun to Asuka off f+2 which is a bit :/, gotta see if I make raise that number.

Made a WTF team for XBL Irish tekken players.

http://wtf.tekken.com/team/view/xbox/10152

94 without a wall? That's enough! :) I can only get 97 with Asuka and Jaycee without a wall off f2. Managed to break a one throw on a three connection there, happiest moment of my tekken career :p

edit: and now a two grab, all that practice paying off haha

• Advertisement

(Asuka) f+2~5, (Marduk) 2,d+1+2, df+4,2~5, (Asuka) b+2,4,3, (Marduk) dash, ff+1+2

101 damage, baby!

So many Asukas.

Gus I made a team on release for Irish Players/anyone tbh, OmegaTekken, I got to level 4 on my own (LOL), 2 members as of now but we'll use that? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

[AK] DU uf3 df3 df1 f1+2!B [Zaf] db4,2 [AK] iSW - 102 (on CH starter - don't know if everyone else just leaves it on to test stuff)

I think there's another point or two of damage to be had using Anna for the TA but I haven't written it down.

Ramza wrote: »
    Gus I made a team on release for Irish Players/anyone tbh, OmegaTekken, I got to level 4 on my own (LOL), 2 members as of now but we'll use that? :)

Sure invite me, I should be registed on WTF.

FlowchartFergus.

Done :)

[AK] DU uf3 df3 df1 f1+2!B [Zaf] db4,2 [AK] iSW - 102 (on CH starter - don't know if everyone else just leaves it on to test stuff)

I think there's another point or two of damage to be had using Anna for the TA but I haven't written it down.

Try DU, dash d/f+1, 1+2, 2, d+2 B! instead, might get more damage :)

I'm on WTF too, throw an invite my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ramza wrote: »
    Try DU, dash d/f+1, 1+2, 2, d+2 B! instead, might get more damage :)

The uf3 route to f1+2 is stronger for TA combos but f1+2 bound doesn't give any good solo enders at that range besides f1+4. I think going that route solo actually gives the same damage as starting df 1 1+2,2 and ending with f2,1 but if the f1+4 wallsplats it's too slow to follow up so the df1 route is still better solo.

(Also on WTF if people want to get a team going - I don't really touch ranked though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Playing Solo mode Lee, waiting for Violet, cause Im boring lke that :-P

Advertisement