Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Full preview for this weeks loaded iMPACT!:

- The huge main event on Thursday's broadcast will feature World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray of The Aces and Eights defending the gold against "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy in a Full Metal Mayhem match! Hardy finally gets his rematch from Lockdown for the title against Bully Ray in a bout featuring tables, chairs and ladders - NO DISQUALIFICATION, ANYTHING GOES! Can Hardy recapture the gold? Can the Aces and Eights continue their domination of TNA? Don't miss it!
    600impact1.jpg

- Thursday's IMPACT will start off with the World Tag Team Championship match with Austin Aries and Bobby Roode defending against Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez in a 2 out of 3 Falls match! Also, if Chavo and Hernandez do not win the Tag Team Titles they can never team together again.
    600impact3.jpg

- Is AJ Styles with The Aces and Eights…or with TNA Wrestling? Hulk Hogan wants AJ's answer on Thursday's IMPACT! After weeks of questions about AJ's allegiance, which side will Styles choose?
    600impact2.jpg

- The sexy TNA Knockouts will be in action on Thursday LIVE from Corpus Christi as Taryn Terrell makes her singles debut against her bitter rival, Gail Kim!

- Will newcomers Adam Pearce or Magno pass the TNA Gut Check to earn a spot on the roster? One of these two men will face the judges for the final decision on Thursday!

All this and much more on Thursday's LIVE IMPACT on SpikeTV at 8/7c from Corpus Christi, Texas!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,858 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Taz "its a trap"

Atrapitis.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Impact's been pretty good recently imo,Looking forward to this week's show.It has a nice PPV feel to it.

Would love to see Alex Shelley re-sign now with Sabin coming back to the fore.It'd make for some epic bouts in the tag division.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Having Roode and Aries jump Chavo and Hernandez to go 1-0 early on was great. Having Chavo make it 1-1 almost instantly was retarded. Why bother with two out of three falls if youre going to throw the first two away so quickly? Felt like a regular match due to the quick leveling of scores. That, along with the flag waving nobody and the split up stip made it obvious we were getting new champions. Thats sucks because they picked the least interesting team possible to be the champs again.

Magno or Adam Pearce. The choice was obvious but for some bizarre reason they went with Magno in front of the crowd. The fans chanting "no, no, no" should have been all the help they needed. The "We want Pearce" chant cant have been missed either. Stupid decision.

Daniels and Kazarian are all kinds of awesome. To AJ Styles: "All the World Heavyweight Championships that Yo...we've won together." :D Also dont think Storm realises he is only making things worse by insulting the guy Hogan is trying to recruit :pac:

Anderson is 100% a mole within the Aces and Eights. He's being too obvious.

Holy fcuk that was some backdrop to Hardy from inside to the ramp. How the guy is able to walk is a mystery given the stuff he does to his body. Front suplex into the ladder too. The guy is nuts doing this sort of stuff so willingly. Really, really good main event that could have been a PPV main event easily. Hopefully the midway shows continue to deliever like this.

I was expecting a reveal or something at the end. Hogan made sure to point out he was going to a meeting of sorts so I expected a shot of him and somebody else to be the last thing we saw.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I was expecting a reveal or something at the end.

I was expecting Brooke to turn here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I`m glad Chavo & Hernandez aren`t splitting up, think there is legs for them as a heel team too. Daniels is all kinds of awesome loved him calling Val Lo Cal Val on the ONO show this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chris Daniels and Kaz trying to recruit AJ Styles also is very interesting

I still love to see Daniels get a WHC title reign

http://www.sescoops.com/tna-impact-wrestling-preview-aj-styles-vs-james-storm-angle-vs-aces-8s/

Here is TNA’s official preview for tonight’s episode of Impact Wrestling, taped last Thursday from Corpus Christi, Texas:
    - After refusing to answer whether he was with TNA or the Aces and Eights, AJ Styles has forced a decision by IMPACT general manager Hulk Hogan! As a result, Hogan announced that AJ Styles will return to action on Thursday against “Cowboy” James Storm! Will Storm attempt to beat an answer out of AJ? Will Styles finally address his allegiance to Hogan? Don’t miss AJ’s in-ring return!
    - Also on Thursday, Olympic gold medalist and multi-time World Champion Kurt Angle will get his shot at revenge against Aces and Eights members Wes Brisco and Garett Bischoff in a Handicap Match!
    - The lovely but lethal TNA Knockouts will be in action as Mickie James battles Miss Tessmacher in a #1 Contenders match! Whoever wins will be next in line for a shot at Knockouts champion Velvet Sky.
    - Also on Thursday on SpikeTV, still reigning World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray and The Aces and Eights, NEW Tag Team Champions Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez, plus much more as the road to “Slammiversary” continues!

Hardy took some crazy bumps in the main event last week.
    tumblr_mlgu8p2ci31qk2t5po1_400.gif

Front suplex into the middle part of a ladder too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Had to cringe at Matt Morgan referring to "Aces & Eights" as "Aces of Eights" in his promo.

I mean they mention the name (conservative estimate) 50-100 times per episode every single week for the last 10 months .... and yet Morgan still managed to get it wrong.

Not to mention it was a pre-recorded promo, so presumably that was the best take they could get out of him? :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Had to cringe at Matt Morgan referring to "Aces & Eights" as "Aces of Eights" in his promo.

I mean they mention the name (conservative estimate) 50-100 times per episode every single week for the last 10 months .... and yet Morgan still managed to get it wrong.

Not to mention it was a pre-recorded promo, so presumably that was the best take they could get out of him? :eek:

I didnt even bother watching his promo and have literally on interest in him at all . Anyone think the whole AJ angle(which side will he choose) is a setup? Can see him either just about to joing A&8 or already join and then turn on them , similiar to angle with the alliance and allowing Team TNA to finally beat them

Think AJ joining is too obvious. He'll do the same as he did to Daniels and Kazarian this week. Let them think he joined before leveling them.

Didn`t like that impact at all. An absolute boatload of run-ins, a dreadful promo by the hopeless Anderson and why the f**k did the fat as a snail D-Lo Brown sky high James Storm. They aren`t going to put him wrestling I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

great to see Petey Williams back though.

great to see Petey Williams back though.

It was. Even better that the match had no Aces & 8`s involvement. Knockouts match was real strange though, its like they weren`t happy from the outset.

Probably something to do with not having an actual referee anymore. Either Mickie was really pissed about it or she is going heel.

Chris Sabin returns next week on iMPACT!:

Dixie said that he was returning next week nearly a month ago :pac:

Dixie said that he was returning next week nearly a month ago :pac:

She said this month, which was technically both correct and incorrect.

• Advertisement

- Not only is Sting back in TNA to fight the Aces and Eights, but "The Icon" will now challenge Bully Ray for the World Heavyweight Championship at Slammiversary!

- The huge main event of Thursday's broadcast will feature Bully Ray, Devon and Mr. Anderson of The Aces and Eights battling Sting, Kurt Angle and a partner to be determined! The question is, while AJ Styles step up and join Sting and Angle in the match? Will Styles end weeks of speculation and choose a side - is he with TNA or The Aces? Don't miss Thursday's main event!
    impact1.jpg

- IMPACT will also feature a #1 Contender's Match for the World Tag Team Championship as Bobby Roode and Austin Aries take on Christopher Daniels and Kaz (Bad Influence) - with the winning team earning another shot the gold! An added wrinkle is the special guest referee Cowboy James Storm. There is no love lost between Storm and either team in this match. Will Storm call it down the middle?
    impact2.jpg

All this and much more on Thursday, plus Hulk Hogan, the high-flying X Division stars, the lovely but lethal TNA Knockouts and so much more - LIVE from Tupelo, Mississippi on SpikeTV at 8/7c!

A little behind:

Chris Sabin looked very good on his return. A little slow but thats to be expected after missing pretty much two years straight. A bit of ring rust, he should be fine once he gets going again.

Rob Terry's matches are not helping him at all. They are just hurting his opponents. He has improved big time so why not have him go after Devon and the TV title? If the guy is as unstoppable as they are saying, why hasnt Hogan recruited him yet? Seems an obvious choice.

The teaming of Aries and Roode is brilliant. They admit to not being friends, they just get along enough to work towards winning titles. Makes a nice change from the usual best buddies or bitter enemy teaming.

James Storm seems to have forgiven Aces and Eights awfully quickly.

D-Lo was done once he put his colours on the line. He had no chance after that, especially not when it became an I Quit match. D-Lo out and Styles in? Would be an upgrade for sure.

Was their ever a reason given as to why Tara and Jessie arent together anymore? I dont recall one, Jessie just started hanging out with Robbie instead.

Is the robe that Morgan wears now the original one Hogan had? Speaking of Morgan, he was never winning. Heel vs Heel on PPV? No chance. Reckon Morgan will force himself into the match since he didnt actually lose. Make it a three way so Sting doesnt have to do very much.

I think Storm needs to go heel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

After the record low rating last week:
    TNA Impact will be moving back to its old timeslot of 9 PM Eastern starting next Thursday as of 5/30. TNA President Dixie Carter announced the move this afternoon via her Twitter.

472%20-%20don_west%20gif%20high_five%20mike_tenay%20tna.gif

Ok I just wanted to use that gif again

Any reason to use that gif is fully warranted. The 8pm hour's been killing them since they moved. It does make me less likely to watch iMPACT! live aswell.

Any reason to use that gif is fully warranted. The 8pm hour's been killing them since they moved. It does make me less likely to watch iMPACT! live aswell.

It is an interesting story.

There has been a shift in landscape at Spike - moving from a station for frat boys to a more generalist. In addition being the lead in to Bellator was an extra blanket of security to the TNA-Spike relationship. What I saying is TNA is going to be cancelled. :p Not really but the playing cards have been tossed in the air here it seems.

You'd wonder with the later time how live the live TV shows will be. Some TNA fans are hoping TNA will just do single Impact tapings and go live every week. Likely way too expensive.

The move to 8pm was stupid. They were doing really well at 9pm and the few times they started at 8pm, the first hour ratings were awful. Whoever decided to make it permanent needs a kick in the head.

If you don't like the current direction this move will likely impede the impetus for creative change as Impact will get an "artificial bump" in viewership and the old timeslot will provide a scapegoat for the short term at least.

rovert wrote: »
    It is an interesting story.

There has been a shift in landscape at Spike - moving from a station for frat boys to a more generalist. In addition being the lead in to Bellator was an extra blanket of security to the TNA-Spike relationship. What I saying is TNA is going to be cancelled. :p Not really but the playing cards have been tossed in the air here it seems.

You'd wonder with the later time how live the live TV shows will be. Some TNA fans are hoping TNA will just do single Impact tapings and go live every week. Likely way too expensive.

Short term I doubt TNA are in too much trouble, Spike will wait to see how their new general TV shows do before considering TNA (and if they are successful it could be a case of a rising tide lifting all boats). I thought I remembered reading recently somebody from Spike saying that TNA and Bellator together as a block is still their strongest option so it's strange that they're moving iMPACT! back (unless it's only while Bellator is in the off season which will do TNA no good moving around so much).

Plus the Spike rebranding was a story that popped up last year aswell and nothing ever came of it.
    The move to 8pm was stupid. They were doing really well at 9pm and the few times they started at 8pm, the first hour ratings were awful. Whoever decided to make it permanent needs a kick in the head.

It was Spike to clear room for Bellator using iMPACT! as the lead in.
    rovert wrote: »
    If you don't like the current direction this move will likely impede the impetus for creative change as Impact will get an "artificial bump" in viewership and the old timeslot will provide a scapegoat for the short term at least.

At least the BFG Series (assuming they do it) should shoot a little life into the show next month.

• Advertisement

Poor Christy, in her defence, both entrance music's do start out very similar. A rare mistake from her.

Magnus seems to be stuck in a loop. Get taken out. Come back. Get taken out again. Come back again.

Abyss was a let down. My first thought was Morgan, but wasnt sure how that would fit with his character. Second thought was Hardy. Honestly never even thought of Abyss.

Bound for Glory Series is returning, my somewhat hopeful predictions:

Kurt Angle
    Sting
    AJ Styles (nailed on winner imo)
    James Storm
    Matt Morgan
    Bobby Roode
    Austin Aries
    Abyss
    Samoa Joe or Jeff Hardy
    Devon
    Mr. Anderson
    Gut Check Guy, hopefully Sam Shaw or Christian York

Assuming it remains the same format as last year. I originally had Magnus instead of Abyss and both Joe and Hardy in with no Gut Check guy but they were changed based on Impact.

Aces and Eights have only two out of the twelve but after Bully, Devon and Anderson, none of them have a hope. Doc maybe but thats it. Probably a few more will end up in it but they arent needed. The Gut Check guy will finish last but the rest have a realistic chance of winning. Devon the only possible exception. 10 realistic winners and one maybe out of 12 is a very strong line up. Shame it'll only be, at best, half right.

Advertisement