Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Hemme's mistake was a rare case of a botch being better than what she was supposed to do. Aries reaction was great (and predictably as was the tag match). I'm hoping Bradley is the Gutcheck guy, he has the most to offer in that kind of spot though I wouldn't mind Shaw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

People should lay off the Aries is a misogynist kick for climbing the ropes moving his crotch in Hemme's face. She is taller than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    People should lay off the Aries is a misogynist kick for climbing the ropes moving his crotch in Hemme's face. She is taller than him.
    How does that make him a misogynist? She was even laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I`d like to see Sabin in the BFG Series at least he`d actually have good matches unlike Morgan, Anderson or Devon.
    I think I would cry if Rvd returned and got in, so sick of that guy after only watching his dated offence on the ONO Special.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How does that make him a misogynist? She was even laughing.

Christy Hemme appeared to be legitimately upset at Austin Aries after she messed up the introductions for Aries and Bobby Roode last night. Aries came to the ring and proceeded to put his crotch in the face of Hemme. When asked about it via Twitter, Christy replied with the following:
    Fan: “@TheRealGaryS: Did @AustinAries Put His Nuts In @hemmepowered Face? #Impactlive”
    Christy Hemme: Yes. Unacceptable.

Some people who I follow on Twitter were offended too. You know "male feminist" types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

What a bunch of bull****. Heels should be able to do the most outrageous stuff they can think of and that was perfectly tame.

I loved when Bully used to tell Christy to stop calling him late at night. :p

The D-lo Brown vs Kurt Angle I Quit match was 500x better than I thought it'd be. It was the overachievement of the year in any Sport.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I thought the tag match between bad influence and aries/roode was fantastic, it was really enjoyable all the way through.

A big kerfuffle over Christy Hemme but poor JB gets flattened and nobody cared:
    tumblr_mn9dxiaMDx1qk2t5po2_400.gif

iMPACT! Preview:
    - How will TNA General Manager Hulk Hogan react to the news that AJ is joining the Aces? Hogan will be on IMPACT in Tampa to address the situation!

- In a huge match Kurt Angle will take on Mr. Anderson from Aces and 8s renewing their rivalry.
    600impact1.jpg

- The final countdown is on to Sting vs. Bully Ray for the World Heavyweight Championship at Slammiversary! Both champion and challenger will be in attendance on Thursday's IMPACT - will Bully Ray and The Aces attempt to eliminate Sting before their title match?

-James Storm announced last week on IMPACT that he will be in the Tag Team Title Match at Slammiversary. Who will "The Cowboy" select to be his partner? Find out this Thursday on Impact!

- The TNA Knockouts championship will be on the line on Thursday's huge broadcast as Velvet Sky will defend the gold against her friend (and former titleholder) Mickie James!
    600impact2.jpg

- The GutCheck Tournament continues on Thursday for a spot in the upcoming "Bound For Glory Series", as Sam Shaw battles Alex Silva

- The mysterious masked X-Division superstar SUICIDE makes his return IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday as well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mickie James heel turn? Think she really needs to at this stage

Was thinking Amazing Red for Suicide but the size didnt match up. TJ Perkins is my bet now. Very surprised if it's not.

Sabin trying to get in the Tag Title match? WHY? X-Division title can be traded in for a World Title match. On what planet does it make sense to go for the tags instead in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    X-Division title can be traded in for a World Title match. On what planet does it make sense to go for the tags instead in that case?

100% sure tna will never mention this stip again seeing as the DX ppv has been done away with

rossie1977 wrote: »
    100% sure tna will never mention this stip again seeing as the DX ppv has been done away with

It was mentioned this week by James Storm.

Was Sky/James as wondrous as Ive been told it is?

You'd think somebody doing something for a decade would be at least serviceable but Velvet is so awful. Her random, out of nowhere selling is just ridiculous. Crowd died on them as well. At least Velvet isn't champ anymore.

Shark Boy should be on TV every week:

rovert wrote: »
    Was Sky/James as wondrous as Ive been told it is?

Velvet was all over the place. It was like she had never wrestled before. Dont know what happened to her as she seems to be going backwards these days. Mickie did what she could but it wasnt a great match.

I miss the Knockouts roster from a few years ago where you could pick any two and they would have at worst a decent match.

In fact TNA should reunite Curry Man and Shark Boy (and bring Crystal back just so she can continue to dance along, Curry Man speaking 'Japanese' is the best):

Mostly because Curry Man has the worlds most awesome entrance:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was/still am a big Curry Man fan. He's brilliant, as is his offensive Japanese. It's comedy gold. Sometimes I think they killed him off just so they could have this amazing tribute :

They could always bring him back - It'd be even more amazing if he did with a "Fire X" championship around his shoulder!

• Advertisement

I loved when Harris was at Sharkys bedside complaining how stupid it was. Stone Cold Shark Boy was a riot as was his poxy jacket.

The Japanese was brilliant. I didnt cop it the first few times but once I did I went back and realised he did it everytime :D

The Prince Justice Brotherhood was so much fun.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sometimes I think they killed him off just so they could have this amazing tribute :

Him shouting save me at Lauren was so great.
    They could always bring him back - It'd be even more amazing if he did with a "Fire X" championship around his shoulder!

He was at Destination X 2011 and said he couldn't be Eric Young's partner that night because he was preparing for his Fire title defense in Japan vs. Cody Deaner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I was/still am a big Curry Man fan. He's brilliant, as is his offensive Japanese. It's comedy gold. Sometimes I think they killed him off just so they could have this amazing tribute :

That's so funny, the final 'AAARGH' when the door closes cracks me up every single time

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gunner was actually a nice suprise this week! I would've thought he'd be a model for the Aces and 8's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Omackeral wrote: »
    Gunner was actually a nice suprise this week! I would've thought he'd be a model for the Aces and 8's!!

Yeah was good to see him back, looks like a legit badass too so always thought he'd be part of Aces and Eights aswell.

Yeah was good to see him back, looks like a legit badass too so always thought he'd be part of Aces and Eights aswell.

Ah ya never know...maybe Murphy will get a call up soon :p

Omackeral wrote: »

Kid Kash would of been great too.

What do you guys think the hierarchy of the Aces and 8's is? My take would probably be as below. Wouldn't know where to put Taz.

Bully Ray
    Devon
    Anderson
    DOC
    Knux
    Brisco/Bischoff
    D'Lo

• Advertisement

I'd have Doc and Knux at the same level.

Advertisement