Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Have to say i kinda enjoyed Impact this week , Didnt feel like it was 2 hours while i was watching . Presume they are gonna build up to TNA vs Aces and 8's one last time at Slammiversary?

if there is going to be a blowoff of the angle it will come at bfg and not before but knowing bischoff we will first have numerous new members then a big feud between two rival aces factions, then aces reforming a year later, then aces in wwe :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The live TNA iMPACT! broadcast and TV taping for next week that took place in Chicago, IL last night estimated between 6,000 and 6,500 fans in attendance.

The company was VERY happy with those numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Watching Impact now (my first impression was that it was a huge crowd!) and just noticed the graphic saying new rules for the X-Division starting next week? Does anyone know what they are? Spoiler tag if needs be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Someone somewhere claimed they are going to let uncontracted wrestlers (indy workers) challenge for it. Maybe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Someone somewhere claimed they are going to let uncontracted wrestlers (indy workers) challenge for it. Maybe that.

Decent shout considering
    Sonjay Dutt challenged for it
    on the second show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hopefully if AJ joins they will kick someone out since its basically becoming the NWO at this stage

I'd prefer Storm going heel than Styles

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Best Sting singles match in a very long time last night.

I was watching Sting moving around the ring, jumping, dropkicking and then lifting Aries right over his head and I found myself thinking "This guy is 54 years old in 5 days time?" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Oooooh What a Tush>Anything ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Do Daniels/Kazarian do that a lot? By which I mean get into costume in an attempt to wind up the local fans?

During the UK shows recently and I noticed they dressed up like characters from Braveheart and were slightly "blue" in their language and certainly less than complimentary towards their audience. :)

Hematocyte wrote: »
    During the UK shows recently and I noticed they dressed up like characters from Braveheart and were slightly "blue" in their language and certainly less than complimentary towards their audience. :)

It's their third time doing it:
    403505_10151219855646026_1200794619_n.jpg

• Advertisement

"If you ride with Aces and 8's, You Never Walk Alone".
    Aces & 8's aren't that bad guys :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 53,858 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

next year will be there year

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

GTR63 wrote: »

But if you're riding with Aces and Eights, you're not walking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The following matches were taped on Thursday in Chicago, Illinois for the March 21 edition of TNA Impact Wrestling.

-X Division Champion Kenny King vs. Zema Ion vs. Sonjay Dutt in a three-way.

-Joseph Park vs. Matt Morgan

-Austin Aries and Bobby Roode vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez for the TNA Tag Titles.

-Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe
    vs. Magnus in a four-way to determine the No. 1 contender to the TNA Title

Also Bully will host a series of videos about how he fooled everybody.
    proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgraHR0cDovL3N0YXRpYy5vdy5seS9waG90b3Mvbm9ybWFsLzFKdFF4LmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=nPXEwn-C2B4eDfduiNpq6pHGZ3jx_XMTTK70iVwJiw0

Are there still guys to be revealed?

Unlikely. Everybody else they've used was probably just filler. New X-Division rules:
    New X-Division Rules! Every X-Division match will take place in a triple threat match! 230 pound weight limit. High stakes in each match! Winner of fall in X-Division Title match is champion. Loser of fall is "eliminated" from next title match and must earn his way back in!

X-Division Title Contenders match will take place with loser of the title match and two new contenders... winner gets in next title match.

It's all about WINNING in the X-Division. You LOSE and you fall. Not pinned, you live to fight another day!

At the very least it means a much bigger division which can only be a plus.

Remember when the TV title was going to be defended every week?

So yeah.

rovert wrote: »
    Remember when the TV title was going to be defended every week?

So yeah.

Indeed and when the X-Division had a 225 weight limit and RVD was champ, and TNA had a rankings system. It could at least be fun while they bother to try with it

I like to think TNA officials watched the trainwreck opener at Lockdown with Christian York and thought we need more of that too.

TNA REALLY needs to bring in Rubix and Samurai Del Sol for this to work.

• Advertisement

Not so sure about Del Sol but I'd be shocked if we didn't see more of Rubix. Del Sol is too awesome not to be on TV though.

So if Kenny King pins Zema Ion in a match also including Christian York, Ion then has to face two other guys (lets say Dutt and Rubix) to get another shot while York just doesnt have to get pinned to keep getting matches? Surely it would make more sense to have both guys have to earn another shot?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Surely it would make more sense to have both guys have to earn another shot?

Then it becomes more difficult to set up three way matches.

They're actually doing a great job of pulling together all the Aces and 8s stuff over the last eight months.

Must be the flu that i'm coming down with but when I read Triple Threat rules I forshadow a lot of York/King/Ion matches. Get Rubix, Dutt, Low Ki and follow up on the guys who's Visas that Pritchard screwed up cause I just know it was him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

GTR63 wrote: »
    No doubt they're living on former glories and delude themselves into thinking they're forever on the brink of revisiting those former glories, right?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, F word used in the last part of the hoax reveal. Around the 2:10 mark of the video. And made it into the American broadcast as well it seems

Aries is just awesome: "(to Hebner after having his feet on the rope) Since when can you see???" :D

Also, going on the road is long overdue. Chavo and Hernandez would not be getting booed in Orlando so would continue to be pushed as super awesome babyfaces. Hopefully they keep getting mixed reactions so TNA realise they arent the team most people want to see wrestling.

A couple of things. Anderson in Aces and Eights still doesnt make sense. Everyone else has a reason to be there, he's just sorta there. Seems like he was thrown in to give him something to do. Otherwise, fair play to TNA. It seems like they had the vast majority of that storyline planned out well in advance. I missed a few months, but read results and cant think of any major plot holes.

With the four guys challenging for the first in line to face Bully, I can see Bully beating all four in the coming weeks/months then at Slammiversary having to defend in a KOTM style match against the four at once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    fair play to TNA. It seems like they had the vast majority of that storyline planned out well in advance.

Yep I like the Aces and Eights angle myself too but unfortunately some people will always find reasons to sh!t all over TNA's product.

Advertisement