Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Haven't watched it yet but it's on Dailymotion here.

Its being repeated the next 2 nites on Challenge too. It was ok enough, I found the clips that do be shown during impact to be entertaining. CD on about the passport was gas. Interesting to see Alpha Female at the tryouts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Apparently this was the best IMPACT in a long time. Anyone see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently this was the best IMPACT in a long time. Anyone see it?

Lots of very good wrestling, Aries and Roode are so amazing together.

Lots of very good wrestling, Aries and Roode are so amazing together.

I'd like Roode Awakening as a tag name for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,857 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great impact I thought. It's a joy to hear a great crowd too

Trust me the pay off is worth it:
    http://www.today.com/video/today/50846317#50846317

Great little cage match from Xplosion:

Really fun main event and a surprisingly good Gutcheck match this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, the gutcheck was good. Barbarian's niece is no small lady.

Botched finish to the X Division title match.

So Joseph Park the final member of Aces and 8s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

CastorTroy wrote: »

Really? Wow. Hadn't thought it'd be him.

My initial guess when Angle pulls the mask off that it was Sting, seeing as he had been talking to him earlier in the show.

Then I thought it could be AJ Styles. During the show they had him on a motorbike and growing a beard, but I think that was a deliberate red herring.

Then I thought about it more and thought the best twist of all would be it turned out to be Bully Ray since he's married to the Hulksters daughter and now pretty much the 'golden child'. That's who I'd have think would get the most story value out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Yeah, the gutcheck was good. Barbarian's niece is no small lady.

Botched finish to the X Division title match.

Not so much botched as suffered for Rob being knocked the **** out Kenny just had to deadlift him pretty much

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Really? Wow. Hadn't thought it'd be him.

My initial guess when Angle pulls the mask off that it was Sting, seeing as he had been talking to him earlier in the show.

Then I thought it could be AJ Styles. During the show they had him on a motorbike and growing a beard, but I think that was a deliberate red herring.

Then I thought about it more and thought the best twist of all would be it turned out to be Bully Ray since he's married to the Hulksters daughter and now pretty much the 'golden child'. That's who I'd have think would get the most story value out of it.

It was supposedly taking place around the time of Bully/Hardy's match so couldn't be him. The reason I think it's Joseph, or maybe Chris(You know, Abyss) is Kurt's reaction kinda said it was someon he was familiar with but didn't care enough to feel betrayed. Or maybe just a crap actor. Also the size seemed too big for most of the guys like AJ or even Jeff or Eric Bischoff
    EdK wrote: »
    Not so much botched as suffered for Rob being knocked the **** out Kenny just had to deadlift him pretty much

Not just that, but the pin before that where even the commentators weren't sure what happened

Not just that, but the pin before that where even the commentators weren't sure what happened

RVD knocked himself loopy when he missed the 450 and everything kind of fell apart afterwards.

Ffs why ruin a good thing. Wrestling talk TV is only 30 mins now.

Headshot wrote: »
    Ffs why ruin a good thing. Wrestling talk TV is only 30 mins now.

Its on every week now, rather than every fortnite. Would still rather it be an hour though.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its on every week now, rather than every fortnite. Would still rather it be an hour though.

Ya that is an upside alright but like you I rather the hr.

Why it cant be an hr every weekend is beyond me

The last episode there felt like it was very rushed

Headshot wrote: »
    Ya that is an upside alright but like you I rather the hr.

Why it cant be an hr every weekend is beyond me

The last episode there felt like it was very rushed

It did yeah when they cut the hogan interview my sky+ had 9 mins left and then it was over pretty swift. I'd rather they just talk and mention they have links online to interviews. No Justine too :(
    In wrestling fan terms she is certainly eye candy.

LNRRaAr.gif

I think Todd joining Aces and 8's wouldn't make them much worse and you could do Taz and Todd vs Tenay and a returning Don West in a first blood match.

• Advertisement

End of an era last night with the last TV taping in Orlando, TNA posted this great video:

The gut check decision didn't go down too well. Well they did go with the person who was the worst and who lost the match.
    As for aces and eights, I know my biker knowledge is from watching Sons of anarchy but how can dlo be VP if he's a nomad? Clearly TNA haven't worried about details. So now just need the president

• Registered Users Posts: 85,071 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This Thursday's episode of Impact Wrestling promises to be a must-see event for TNA fans, as the crew travels to Chicago for the first stop of the company's new full-time road schedule.
    The new World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray promises a "shocking" night, and has laid down a challenge to anyone to stop him and the Aces & Eights. AJ Styles will also make his highly anticipated return to Impact Wrestling. Will he give an answer for his absence during the past few months, and whose side will he be on when he returns?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This Thursday's episode of Impact Wrestling promises to be a must-see event for TNA fans, as the crew travels to Chicago for the first stop of the company's new full-time road schedule.
    The new World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray promises a "shocking" night, and has laid down a challenge to anyone to stop him and the Aces & Eights. AJ Styles will also make his highly anticipated return to Impact Wrestling. Will he give an answer for his absence during the past few months, and whose side will he be on when he returns?

Hopefully if AJ joins they will kick someone out since its basically becoming the NWO at this stage

This aces and eight is really letting the company down

To long, just to long

Already the crowd is sooooo much better then the Impact Zone:D

Hopefully if AJ joins they will kick someone out since its basically becoming the NWO at this stage

But thought the NWO had members people actually wanted to see.

Ha Legion of Doom . Ohhhhhh what a tush

Have to say i kinda enjoyed Impact this week , Didnt feel like it was 2 hours while i was watching . Presume they are gonna build up to TNA vs Aces and 8's one last time at Slammiversary?

• Advertisement

Best Sting singles match in a very long time last night.

Advertisement