Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    Tna seem to be thinking of putting them in a tag team, wouldn't mind seeing that.

I'd like to see it but doubt it'll happen. Who is the contender after he beats Daniels though? Maybe Storm?

Feuding with Styles and Angle for the tag titles would be nice

Maybe Mark Hogan aka Bully Ray might get a world title shot next :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

So who's Tommy Dreamer going to seek revenge against first - The Shield or Aces and 8s?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Of all the women in the ring for it, why did it have to be Brooke that had the wardrobe malfunction?! :)

The show did 1.6 million viewers last night. Interestingly Bellator straight after did 940,000.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The show did 1.6 million viewers last night. Interestingly Bellator straight after did 940,000.

I'll await what Meltzer says but for what it is worth the first fight on the Bellator show was really bad so not the best first impression. The lack of crossover is dissappointing after all the hype but that is a good number for Bellator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd like to see it but doubt it'll happen. Who is the contender after he beats Daniels though? Maybe Storm?

Depending on how it goes, they could give him a long reign and have Styles get the ultimate revenge at BFG?

rovert wrote: »
    The lack of crossover is dissappointing after all the hype but that is a good number for Bellator.

It'll be interesting to see how Bellator's number will be affected when TNA drop back to 1.3m when they don't have big things to set up for the next week (though they at least have a World title match next week).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

I never expected Tazz to be a member of Aces and 8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Actually really enjoyed that Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Watching it now. American ads are just awful. Every ad ends with the same sort of "hilarious" dumb high-speed visual punchline plus character observation.

I'd love to get that job writing them. Honestly I could knock out 100 of them a day and be able to retire in about a year on the proceeds.

• Advertisement

Man Tazz's promo was really poor and unsatisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

It's Taz in 2013, he has been phoning **** in for years. When was the last time he cut a great promo? Even the stuff hyping ons 06 was junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Yup he`ll fit right in with Aces & 8`s.

A couple of spoilers from the Manchester taping:
    Bischoff and Brisco finally turned on Angle, and Roode and Aries won the tag titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

A couple of spoilers from the Manchester taping:
    Bischoff and Brisco finally turned on Angle, and Roode and Aries won the tag titles.

Awesome show well worth the trip and Hogan did the meet and greet yay!

Anyone else at the tapings besides Edk?

Anyone else at the tapings besides Edk?

I think Ciano was there

EdK wrote: »
    I think Ciano was there

I was sure wwe would rope him in for the Rumble, maybe he's boards Taker only working the 1 show a year?

Preview for next week:
    Preview Thursday's special international IMPACT WRESTING broadcast from Manchester, England on SpikeTV at 8/7c! If you can't watch the action on Thursday night, make sure to set your DVR!

- The HUGE main event of IMPACT features "The Icon" Sting teaming up with Bully Ray to battle The Aces and 8s in a Tables Match! IMPACT General Manager Hulk Hogan reinstated Bully Ray from his suspension so he could get payback on the Aces and his former friend turned bitter enemy, Devon! Bully Ray gets his opportunity for revenge on Thursday in a bout that he and Devon mastered during their historic career as a tag team - the chaotic Tables Match!
    72c467482339fb1363b4c01596c51a1f_L.jpg?t=1359756354

- Two championships will be on the line on Thursday's broadcast! First, Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez defend the World Tag Team Championship against Bobby Roode and Austin Aries!

- Plus, Rob Van Dam will defend the X Division Championship in a three-way match against Kenny King and Zema Ion!

- Will Garett Bischoff and Wes Brisco have hell to pay at the hands of Kurt Angle after they betrayed him and joined The Aces and 8s?

- The lovely and lethal TNA Knockouts will be in action on IMPACT as Knockouts Champion, Tara, battles her former tag team partner - now current rival - Miss Tessmacher!

- Thursday on SpikeTV will also feature the IMPACT debut of British newcomer "Rockstar Spud", who won the UK "British Boot Camp" television series to earn a spot on the IMPACT WRESTLING roster!

This and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING from England on SpikeTV at 8/7c, plus news on the upcoming "Lockdown" event on March 10 in San Antonio, Texas!

I hate that fan with the glasses SO MUCH, he's in the middle of the screen constantly.
    Staring with his hands in his pockets.
    Joseph Park vs. Robbie E in a bro off is a dream match for me.

• Advertisement

Is that a usual thing in wrestling to start the show by calling the crowd a bunch of "tossers" and "wánkers"? I thought the done thing was to insult their sports team or whatever rather than using local insults?

roanoke wrote: »
    Is that a usual thing in wrestling to start the show by calling the crowd a bunch of "tossers" and "wánkers"? I thought the done thing was to insult their sports team or whatever rather than using local insults?

Whatever gets a reaction is fair game IMO without going to far it's their job to draw heat

Don't get me wrong, I liked it. I just found it surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Who said it? Desmond Wolfe used it on a regular basis.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Who said it? Desmond Wolfe used it on a regular basis.

I think Christopher Daniels called them "tossers" and then later Bobby Roode called them "wánkers" (or possibly referred to his opponent as such?).

Can't wait for Rockstar Spud.
    Do you know who is a worse commentator than Taz? Heel Taz

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can't wait for Rockstar Spud.
    Do you know who is a worse commentator than Taz? Heel Taz

Yea he is extremely annoying and cringy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jaysus Ciano316 is not appearing on TNA events now

Anyone watch Backstage Pass on Challenge?

• Advertisement

Haven't watched it yet but it's on Dailymotion here.

Advertisement