Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCI fuel card -Diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

i signed up for this and am waiting for a call. can i get two cards? one for me and the wife? handy card in the west of ireland as i have seen quite a few 24hr pumps that take a dci card at the pumps even if the shop/forecourt is closed. in my experience they didn't take a credit card. had a few too close to call trips with the fuel light on looking for an open forecourt.

yeah you can multiple cards... If possible try and get a business account as they seem to get it 1 cent cheaper....They don't check your business or anything, they might ask for a reference to show you can pay, e.g. your car mechanic or something....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

lau1247 wrote: »
    []

When you know what naive means you'll be really clever. Now do us a favour and start back to secondary school early, good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

whiterebel wrote: »
    When you know what naive means you'll be really clever. Now do us a favour and start back to secondary school early, good lad.

First and foremost, this will be the last post that I will address to you in this thread (it is getting sidetracked in the spirit of the topic) unless you have contributing infomation to add that have actual backing experience (Positive or negative).

Frankly, I'm sick of reading your non contributing reply and I think other users subscribed to this thread would feel the same way.

Second of all, the word "Naive" I think fit just fine. General part that applies in that context is:
    (of a person or action) Showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment:
    or
    deficient in worldly wisdom or informed judgment;
    I try to tell you DCI do get cheaper at times (from experience and not just me may I add) and you should use the service according to their terms but you don't seem to want to take that on board and still trying to argue your way out that they are "consistently more expensive".

If you feel Naive is not appropriate for you, I guess you fit in the latter.

Good day to you Sir!

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Did anyone else get the letter telling them about this great "service" for which you'll be signed up without further action on your part unless you opt out? It's "only" €0.90 per card per month, but if you don't want this extra insurance policy (for that is what it is) you might like to write to them along the following lines. The address is admin@groupcustomerservices.com; I CC'd it to galway@dcicard.ie.
    Re: DCI Fuel card account no. XXXXX (Company name: Peckerhead Enterprises)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to be excluded from the GuardCard service described in the undated, unsigned letter I received from DCI this morning. I would be grateful if you would confirm receipt of this instruction before your proposed “deadline” of 23 August.

Incidentally, this kind of inertia selling — respond in writing within 9 days, or we’ll start charging you for this unsolicited service — is illegal under the terms of the European Directive on Distance Selling (Directive 97/7/EC), which was incorporated into Irish Law by the EC (Protection of Consumers in respect of contracts made by means of distance communication) Regulations 2001 (Statutory Instrument 207 of 2001). But I guess you probably know that?

Yours sincerely,
    peckerhead

peckerhead wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the letter telling them about this great "service" for which you'll be signed up without further action on your part unless you opt out? It's "only" €0.90 per card per month, but if you don't want this extra insurance policy (for that is what it is) you might like to write to them along the following lines. The address is admin@groupcustomerservices.com; I CC'd it to galway@dcicard.ie.

Yeah I got that and responsed saying i didn't want it. When I was signing up and asked was there any catches/charges at all? He told me that after 3 months they give you this offer (it's aimed mainly at businesses in case an employee does a runner with a card) so he said you just write saying you don't want it. So I knew it was coming.....Bit sly the way you are automatically signed up! Still haven't used the card in the past few weeks as cheaper at the pumps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Yeah I was not impressed at being signed up without consent, phoned them to let them know this.

Yeah I got that and responsed saying i didn't want it.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I wouldn't mind but they replied with a bull**** email claiming I was informed about it when I signed up (which I wasn't) and that I got a reminder letter before the one received today (which I didn't).

Needless to say I clarified the matter and suggested that they relay my concerns to DCI management, in the interests of best practice and regulatory compliance. :)

If anyone misses the letter and starts seeing €0.90 monthly debits on their account, you're entitled to a refund, whatever they say. Just quote that EU Directive.

Despite the agent agreeing to a credit they have deducted the guard card charge for two months in a row so I've no cancelled the direct debit. Sharp practice on their part by any standard.

Sounds like a really amateur operation , this is the latest mail I have from them "Hi Tony,

Apologies for the delay in responding I am waiting for our systems to come back on as we moved office last week and cannot make outbound calls until Wednesday we have been told."

peckerhead wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but they replied with a bull**** email claiming I was informed about it when I signed up (which I wasn't) and that I got a reminder letter before the one received today (which I didn't).

Needless to say I clarified the matter and suggested that they relay my concerns to DCI management, in the interests of best practice and regulatory compliance. :)

If anyone misses the letter and starts seeing €0.90 monthly debits on their account, you're entitled to a refund, whatever they say. Just quote that EU Directive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is my reading of this thread correct- if you can find any sort of a fuel deal locally- from a Tesco filling station, a Maxol 5 Euro shop etc- its probably cheaper than the DCI card? At the moment Maxol are doing a 10c off per litre made up of 2 * 5c off per litre coupons. You get one coupon every time you spend a fiver on groceries or a car wash- locally here this morning's price is 158.8 in Maxol (which you can get for 148.8 with the 10c off per litre), Tesco is 156.9- and in Maynooth it looks like everyone is price matching Tesco- though often undercutting with 5c off a litre- (151.9 for diesel but 163.9 for petrol). Price differential for petrol seems to have creeped to 12c.

What are the current DCI prices- or are we better off just availing of the local offers (thank god there seems to be competition here)??

Cheers,

Shane

smccarrick wrote: »
    Is my reading of this thread correct- if you can find any sort of a fuel deal locally- from a Tesco filling station, a Maxol 5 Euro shop etc- its probably cheaper than the DCI card? At the moment Maxol are doing a 10c off per litre made up of 2 * 5c off per litre coupons. You get one coupon every time you spend a fiver on groceries or a car wash- locally here this morning's price is 158.8 in Maxol (which you can get for 148.8 with the 10c off per litre), Tesco is 156.9- and in Maynooth it looks like everyone is price matching Tesco- though often undercutting with 5c off a litre- (151.9 for diesel but 163.9 for petrol). Price differential for petrol seems to have creeped to 12c.

What are the current DCI prices- or are we better off just availing of the local offers (thank god there seems to be competition here)??

Cheers,

Shane

DCI fule prices haven't been great of late, I've been just paying at the pump....still keeping the card though as it costs nothing and they'll probably be cheaper than the pumps at some stage in the future.... as a couple of posters have had a card for years and they found it's generally cheaper but not all the time, nt sure why it's not cheaper at the min though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,813 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I got a call yesterday from a fuel card company (I often get them seeing as though I run a transport business) and I said I was only interested in one that could be used EU wide. The guy told me he doesn't deal with that but he could get his colleague to ring me. The colleague rang me today and chatted briefly saying the card could be used EU wide and she said she'd email me the details.

This is the mail I got:

And my response:
    Thanks for the mail. It's presented pretty poorly to be honest and is quite confusing. I see a number of different company names and I don't have a clue which is actually on offer and what you're comparing it to.

I see:

1) Direct Fuels - I've figured this is you as your email address is @directfuels
    2) chooseafuelcard.com - This is linked to in the top image in the email and is promoting the Esso Card. It appears to be a UK based site.
    3) Shell
    4) Esso
    5) EDC Network - Is this your own network?
    6) EDC Plus Network - So the EDC network plus the Esso or Fuel stations?

So are you the provider of the regular Esso card, or are you a separate business altogether who have incorporated the Esso card into your own card and are also offering additional sites as well as toll services etc?

Directfuels.com is not the most reassuring looking website either, what are all the links to all the different .com addresses for transaction details, change of customer details etc? I also see the network only lists UK and Ireland. Also, was your colleague who rang me initially part of a different company or is that the company is divided between different cards which work in different areas? As you can see, I'm very confused so I'm going to tell you, what I need.

Here is a list of requirements I'm looking for in a fuel card:
    • The most widely accepted card, UK/Europe usage and not restricted to one particular chain.
    • Most competitive with the best billing system (online account review system etc).
    • Multiple cards for the same account with pin (changeable by the user)
    • Clear, obvious pricing.

If you can let me know if your card fits the above and please explain a bit more about your company and why there seems to be so many different company names and .com addresses as at the moment, it's looking quite off-putting.

Has anyone else heard of any of the above companies? Don't want to sign up for something, especially if they are saying I am vignettes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Latest price I've got from DCI is 125.7c + vat per litre. Thats 3c per litre cheaper than the pump prices in the West.

I've found fuelplus/dci an absolute nightmare to deal with

Latest price I've got from DCI is 125.7c + vat per litre. Thats 3c per litre cheaper than the pump prices in the West.

Kris, mine is at 1.245 as of Friday midnight which mean 1.531 (incl vat).. pretty good value.. cheapest forecourt i can find at the moment is 1.569

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Kris, mine is at 1.245 as of Friday midnight which mean 1.531 (incl vat).. pretty good value.. cheapest forecourt i can find at the moment is 1.569

Ffs my dci is 126.3! They've made changes to their pricing structure.

Lau1247 do you mind telling us if you're a business user, and if so, do you know how much fuel per week your account uses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

The Dagda wrote: »

Lau1247 do you mind telling us if you're a business user, and if so, do you know how much fuel per week your account uses?
    Mine is 124.5 I haven't used it in 6 weeks because the price has been ridiculous will use it to fill up this week if it stays the same or lower.

I don't think I was registered as a business user as far as I know..

Regarding usage, back when they were cheap back before the May price rise, I used it almost once every two weeks.. I only started to use it again last week because the price was competitive again.

hope that helps

moodrater wrote: »
    Mine is 124.5 I haven't used it in 6 weeks because the price has been ridiculous will use it to fill up this week if it stays the same or lower.
    I don't think I was registered as a business user as far as I know..

Regarding usage, back when they were cheap back before the May price rise, I used it almost once every two weeks.. I only started to use it again last week because the price was competitive again.

hope that helps

I spoke to DCI yesterday and told them that some friends ;) have a current price of 124.5cpl when mine is 126.3cpl and they flat out denied that they are offering that price.

Would either of you be willing to allow me to use your account details to prove that others are getting a better price?

I spoke to DCI yesterday and told them that some friends ;) have a current price of 124.5cpl when mine is 126.3cpl and they flat out denied that they are offering that price.

Would either of you be willing to allow me to use your account details to prove that others are getting a better price?

Problem is it could work the other way! they could put us on your price! I don't have my phone on me now but one of the lads in work got 125.5 today, he got 124.9 last Friday. He was always a cent cheaper than myself and lau1247, but last Friday we got 124.5 which was cheaper. He opened a business account, when he didn't have one and I'd say it was obvious by the amounts he was filling up.

If you quote somebody's account details when you start, say they refereed you, you get the same price as them... but we could end up getting your price as I said!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mine is now 126.7c. With VAT the full price is 155.84, now dearer than the cheapest local pump which is 153.9c. I'll be going with them until DCI gets below that again. No doubt I'll get a call from DCI & I'll give the my usual answer that I'll use the card when the price is cheapest.:D

• Advertisement

125.5 here

same 125.5

Problem is it could work the other way! they could put us on your price! I don't have my phone on me now but one of the lads in work got 125.5 today, he got 124.9 last Friday. He was always a cent cheaper than myself and lau1247, but last Friday we got 124.5 which was cheaper. He opened a business account, when he didn't have one and I'd say it was obvious by the amounts he was filling up.

If you quote somebody's account details when you start, say they refereed you, you get the same price as them... but we could end up getting your price as I said!

I suppose your slightly paranoid version IS possible but I thought this forum is to help people benefit from the best value that's available.

If I can prove to DCI that someone is indeed getting a better price than me I'm going to demand the same price.
    If they instead try to raise the price for the other party, which I doubt they would, that will be immediately obvious, and again we could use the group paradigm of the forum to avoid that scenario.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

Depends on how much you use it no?

Dagda was a business user with three vehicles and I am a private user with one vehicle. I would fill up once every 2/3 weeks, so would have to be using less I'd imagine. I gave Dagda my details so now he is on the same price as me, our accounts are linked. So hopefully his price came down to mine rather than the other way around.

The way they explain it potentially means that if we all link to each other's accounts we will get lower prices due to the volume.

So what we could do would be find the person who gets the lowest price this afternoon and all ring up saying that we are their friend and want to link to their account.

Just got 126.7 was 125.5 wed and 124.5 on Last Friday. This consistent with other people who were on 124.5, 125.5 to go to 126.7? Works out about 155.8 after VAT

Dagda was a business user with three vehicles and I am a private user with one vehicle. I would fill up once every 2/3 weeks, so would have to be using less I'd imagine. I gave Dagda my details so now he is on the same price as me, our accounts are linked. So hopefully his price came down to mine rather than the other way around.

The way they explain it potentially means that if we all link to each other's accounts we will get lower prices due to the volume.

So what we could do would be find the person who gets the lowest price this afternoon and all ring up saying that we are their friend and want to link to their account.

Just got 126.7 was 125.5 wed and 124.5 on Last Friday. This consistent with other people who were on 124.5, 125.5 to go to 126.7? Works out about 155.8 after VAT
    Just got 126.7 too

I got 126.7 too

I got 126.7 too

It works then, and as mooderator wasn't linked in with us we know mine didn't go up. So anybody who got a price greater than 126.7 today can PM me for my details and I'll send them on and they can ring up to get linked into our group.

On the other had did anybody get less than 126.7 today? If so we should all link in with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,813 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I got a reply to my email above anyway. Sounds ok I must say. Anyone else have experience with this company?
    Sorry that you felt that way regarding the email, Just to confirm that Direct Fuels is our company name and in that company we promote cards for Ireland & Europe. For Europe we offer a EDC & Esso fuel card, the Esso card has a site network of over 14,000 sites throughout Europe with a facility to purchase tolls on the card. Our EDC card we have a site network of over 4,000 sites which we offer very competitive rates.

EDC is our own card, EDC Plus network is EDC card & Esso card.

Direct Fuels website has links to .com websites as we offer you an online account management facility so that you can maintain your fuel account this gives you access online to invoices, cancelling & ordering cards.

Direct Fuels can offer you a fuel card access to 18,000 sites throughout Europe with access to over 2,000 sites in the UK.

Billing is a weekly invoice which runs from Monday to Sunday, as advised you can access invoices online.

All fuel cards will PIN assigned to the cards that cannot be changed by users.

We will email you through your diesel rates every Friday and these rates will run from Monday to Sunday which is very clear. Our current fuel rate in UK 118.55ppl.

I hope this clears up the confusion, if you require additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 dmmnnba

I got my invoice from DCI on Wednesday and was billed at standard network rate for a fill at filling station that is listed as a core site in the 2012 directory. I emailed them on Wednesday but there has been no reply yet. Can core sites become network sites during the course of a year?

Advertisement