Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCI fuel card -Diesel

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

RE: www.dieselpriceguarantee.com

I note that the Derry & Galway addresses of this outfit are the same as DCI:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Tony wrote: »
    He forgot to mention the €1 per month "card protection" charge that they put on my account without my consent.

Easytrip toll tag company did something similar without any notice either (it was on their website and in some national papers but that's not exactly notice for those who don't read printed media and have no need to go to the website since they email pdf invoices).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Indeed, its not like they cannot email any changes very easily, its simply that they deliberately choose not to and rely on companies not noticing.

cormie wrote: »
    Easytrip toll tag company did something similar without any notice either (it was on their website and in some national papers but that's not exactly notice for those who don't read printed media and have no need to go to the website since they email pdf invoices).

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

smccarrick wrote: »
    How does this compare with a pump price (aka after VAT and whatever else is added into the equation?)

I've been getting diesel at a Tesco special offer price of 141.9 for the past few weeks, but unfortunately its up again- so back to 150.9.........

I only fill at topaz as I see about 50km extra per tank in my van, I used to use additives for the same effect. Local topaz is not core network so I pay 3c 3.69 extra 145.26 pump price is 150.99 at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Be careful with DCI . I noticed my dad was paying about 10% more than pump prices and I phoned them about it and was told they base their fuel prices on Galwat pump prices and they reduced the price by about 15%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

TheDriver wrote: »
    Tesco Diesel? Thought that was a bad idea to get no matter what the price???

Whats wrong with Tesco Diesel? I know the Maynooth station is supplied by Topaz

smccarrick wrote: »
    Whats wrong with Tesco Diesel? I know the Maynooth station is supplied by Topaz

There was a complaint from a poster about a Tesco fuel outlet. If I find the thread I'll post a link.

My price till Tuesday is still 115.1c + vat:).

My price from midnight tonight is 116.1 + vat, makint the vat-inclusive price 142.80c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

hfallada wrote: »
    Be careful with DCI . I noticed my dad was paying about 10% more than pump prices and I phoned them about it and was told they base their fuel prices on Galwat pump prices and they reduced the price by about 15%

did he use the core site??

surely your dad can work out whether DCI is cheaper or forecourt at any point when he filled up?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

My price from midnight tonight is 116.1 + vat, makint the vat-inclusive price 142.80c.

damn 119.1 :(

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement

lau1247 wrote: »
    damn 119.1 :(

Ring them at 091-482933 and haggle. Tell them you want the core rates. Thats what I did 6/7 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

looking at all of this has me concerned. we have three cards from dci and to be honest i thought that we got a discount on all forecourt prices mor at their core sites which they send to us monthly. have had the card for about 4 years now and not sure if accounts check that we are really making a saving or not. will check it out tomorrow with ho and see what i can find out

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Just got an invoice of €11 as a card charge, did I miss this in their terms and conditions or is this something new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

batmanzed wrote: »
    Just got an invoice of €11 as a card charge, did I miss this in their terms and conditions or is this something new?

Same happened me, I compained when I got the invoice for the €11 and he said it would be credited back...but it obvilusly wasn't as the money came out of my acocunt. No idea what it is, some sort of error.

I emailed again today to complain so see what they say. I'm living in scotland now and have a petrol car so prob time to cancel mine anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Par for the course for these guys I'm sorry to say.
    batmanzed wrote: »

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Is that the fraud protection? You can opt out by giving them a call....

They dont seem to stay long being cheaper, most pumps are now cheaper...

W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Chance your arm charge I'd say I generally don't even look at my bills I was just billed 22 for my two cards. Time to ditch them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

paddyp wrote: »
    Chance your arm charge I'd say I generally don't even look at my bills I was just billed 22 for my two cards. Time to ditch them I think.

Yes. I was assured by phone that there wouldn't be any "insurance" or other charges from them so I applied but I also added that note clearly on my application form. My application was rejected. Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Rang them up about my charges...

Apparently (so I'm told :rolleyes:) , the product is sold without such charges, invoices are generated via the UK for such charges and these are subsequently waivered. But its seems this hasn't happened to a lot of customers (i'd say all!!)

Said they would raised a credit upon the account. We'll see...

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

i've an esso card, 4c off the pump price (petrol or daysul)
    i also have a Topaz card 3.5c off the pump price

lot handier than checking what the weekly DCI price is.

and no yearly charges etc

• Advertisement

Apologies for dragging up an old thread.

Just got an email from DCI, warning of a big price increase from mid-night tonight.

"Please be advised that due to current oil market “corrections”, we are expecting a significant increase in the price of diesel fuel from midnight tonight, the current predicted increase is in the region of 5 cent (inc VAT) per litre."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Crude oil went up about 25% in the past few days but its falling again today.

Well, thankfully, the increase was 3c incl vat:).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Are these still business/company use only? I have a Topaz card that was great originally as it allowed you to just have one monthly fuel bill and was usually cheaper than the pumps, but since the changes a year/two ago it's a lot less useful as you only get 2 weeks now before the bill is due and the savings are far poorer.

I do over 1000 km a week so the fuel bill is significant - a monthly card would help with the budgeting.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Are these still business/company use only? I have a Topaz card that was great originally as it allowed you to just have one monthly fuel bill and was usually cheaper than the pumps, but since the changes a year/two ago it's a lot less useful as you only get 2 weeks now before the bill is due and the savings are far poorer.

I do over 1000 km a week so the fuel bill is significant - a monthly card would help with the budgeting.

Their website is down atm. There's big problems today with the networks. Try signing up when the site is back up. I'm with them for years, so I forget if they ask for a vat no. If they do, give them you ppsn no. Its the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭keane16

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

I have a DCI card for personal use, have it a few years now and dont think I was asked anything about VAT number when registering.

Advertisement