Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCI fuel card -Diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

For anyone interested in the topaz card, you can get a €20 voucher if you by 500 liters in a 3mt period. No set up charges on card and the prices are as good as DCI this week.
    Here's the link http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/cheap-petrol-diesel/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hmmm, doesn't seem to be a card that seems to fit all my needs unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Whats the story with apply online, it just sends an email to them and they call you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

paddyp wrote: »
    Whats the story with apply online, it just sends an email to them and they call you?

Yeah it's a bit of a backwards system... you apply and they call back.... the only way to see a map of the core stations is by a printed map that they post you!! They don't do themselves any favours with their PR! By the way, the self service stations may all be very slow! Spent the guts of 15mins filling up last night in ferricks rathowen! Any more I'm going to a normal filling station!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Yeah it's a bit of a backwards system... you apply and they call back.... the only way to see a map of the core stations is by a printed map that they post you!! They don't do themselves any favours with their PR! By the way, the self service stations may all be very slow! Spent the guts of 15mins filling up last night in ferricks rathowen! Any more I'm going to a normal filling station!

Is this not the core stations?

http://maps.fuelcardtechnology.com/viewmap/dcir/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

sgarvan wrote: »

good link, how did you find it?? just google?

Pity it doesn't distinguish between core and network (non core) sites

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    good link, how did you find it?? just google?

Pity it doesn't distinguish between core and network (non core) sites

Click on the eroute button on the main page! Found it after on Friday andy, couldn't remember where it was!

Yeah it would be great if it did distinguish between core and non core, would make it a lot more useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

When you are signing up for a DCI card, you have the option to make the card work across the Republic of Ireland, North of Ireland and all across the UK so it is a huge network of stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anything about EU there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭foleypio

Gal2011 wrote: »
    When you are signing up for a DCI card, you have the option to make the card work across the Republic of Ireland, North of Ireland and all across the UK so it is a huge network of stations.

this is exactly why anyone who is thinking about getting the card needs to call the office instead of just applying, you can use the card in the UK apparently but will be paying a hefty exchange rate cost & wont be aware of what your price will be. Call the office for more information 1890242324, the amount of heresay and poor information on this thread is a worry.

• Advertisement

foleypio wrote: »
    this is exactly why anyone who is thinking about getting the card needs to call the office instead of just applying, you can use the card in the UK apparently but will be paying a hefty exchange rate cost & wont be aware of what your price will be. Call the office for more information 1890242324, the amount of heresay and poor information on this thread is a worry.

Poor information? You seem to be guilty of supplying the majority of it! You stated about all the charges involved with the card based on no info at all were you not? And never took back any of the accusations you were throwing around about people mis-leading others, having a vested interested in the company etc. There are no additional charges involved with the card, I filled up at the weekend for 149.9 and just checked my invoice which I received by email today there and the charges matched up exactly with what I was told. So what were all these fictitious charges you were on about?

I was 99.9% confident that there were no additional charges but for fear of leading anyone astray I double checked my info via phone the next morning, before replying to your comment about all the hidden charges. If the exchange rate is a rip off that is possibly the only hidden charge, but again I'd be wondering what you are basing this on, considering your misleading info in the past....What on earth have you got against DCI!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Just got my first bill using a DCI type card , this one called "Fuel price Guarantee" from Fuel Plus LTD. (same Galway address)

Got 60.78 L of Diesel at a prime site , price on the pump was 96.59 and bill comes to 90.01 so a decent saving there.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Just got my first bill using a DCI type card , this one called "Fuel price Guarantee" from Fuel Plus LTD. (same Galway address)

Got 60.78 L of Diesel at a prime site , price on the pump was 96.59 and bill comes to 90.01 so a decent saving there.

That's a very good price! €148.1 cent per litre! I thought €149.9 was good.... with DCI What rates are other people getting with DCI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Just remember when you apply I imagine you will also be credit checked probally to see if you have any judgements etc like any other company who is giving you credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well keep imagining it :D:D:D. I've never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

can anyone tell me if there are core sites anywhere from kildare town in towards inchicore?

batmanzed wrote: »
    can anyone tell me if there are core sites anywhere from kildare town in towards inchicore?

One in Kildare, one in Nass, 2 on N7 just before Kill and two more on the N7 one around Saggart and on around Clondalkin.... too lazy to look up the names of them but you'll get a map when ya join :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

batmanzed wrote: »

Type in Kildare and Inchicore into this map and you'll see them all.

cargo wrote: »
    Type in Kildare and Inchicore into this map and you'll see them all.

Be very carefull with that Map it does not differencate between core and standard satations!! You will be paying and extra 3.69 cents at non core stations!! Only the map they post out and the spreadsheet earlier in the thread differentiates as far as I know! They really should update that onlne map to differentiate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

They really should update that onlne map to differentiate!

I agree, an update for sat nav systems would be handy too

Edit: Found a custom file for the garmin which shows all sites but one with core sites would be handier still.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

gibo_ie wrote: »
    I am sure this is not confidential so im attaching the excel sheet with list i have from July 2011
    Could be a few more by now, i have been thinking of doing some sort of App for them so i have them on a map....
    Enjoy

for some reason this is now only showing 6 core sites and none of them in leinster. im sure when i first checked it there were loads more?

sweetie wrote: »
    for some reason this is now only showing 6 core sites and none of them in leinster. im sure when i first checked it there were loads more?

There's 341 that I can see? Tell me it's no that you didn't scroll up (the file starts off at the bottom)

There's definitely more than 6 as MP3 said, I already know 4 in dublin alone..

Did you turn off autofilter in excel (if it was applied)??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

turned off the filter, thanks. BTW can a couple of cars share a card, ie. do you have to register a reg with them?

turned off the filter, thanks. BTW can a couple of cars share a card, ie. do you have to register a reg with them?

you can request multiple card (I have 2 myself)..

there is option to limit the amount of fill (at your discretion during sign up)

As for reg, i don't think it matter (the petrol station cashier will ask for reg and mileage but I always just say no), if you let them know during sign up that you and your partner/spouse will be using it, i'm sure they will advise you how to proceed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Does anyone else using the DCI card find the pricing strange?

We signed up in June and the price bottomed out on June 27 @ 115.5 (142.065) and since then the price has been climbing to the current price of 123.6 (152.028)

This despite the price at the pumps being lower now then when they were in June.

It's beginning to look like they give new members a low rate when they first sign up? :confused:

The Dagda wrote: »
    Does anyone else using the DCI card find the pricing strange?

We signed up in June and the price bottomed out on June 27 @ 115.5 (142.065) and since then the price has been climbing to the current price of 123.6 (152.028)

This despite the price at the pumps being lower now then when they were in June.

It's beginning to look like they give new members a low rate when they first sign up? :confused:

yeah I've stopped using mine for the time being, as I can get it cheaper at the pump..... I'll see if they get their act together... diesel seems to be going up though, so unless they just react to price changes quicker... it would explain why they were going down ahead of the drop in prices we had there... and now why they are going back up! There were posts from long term users though somewhere in the thread who were happy with the card so I'm optimistic they will be lower than the pumps again! But it costs nothing to get one or keep one so no disadvantage to it! least we saved a few quid so far anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

yeah I've stopped using mine for the time being, as I can get it cheaper at the pump..... I'll see if they get their act together... diesel seems to be going up though, so unless they just react to price changes quicker... it would explain why they were going down ahead of the drop in prices we had there... and now why they are going back up! There were posts from long term users though somewhere in the thread who were happy with the card so I'm optimistic they will be lower than the pumps again! But it costs nothing to get one or keep one so no disadvantage to it! least we saved a few quid so far anyway!

Yeah we've stopped using it currently too. I also based my decision to sign up on the positive feedback from users here.

Are you on the same prices as I quoted above?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yeah we've stopped using it currently too. I also based my decision to sign up on the positive feedback from users here.

I get price updates via email every Wednesday and Friday night. Last nights update gave me a price of 124.6c per litre + vat. Thats 153.26:eek:. Very few stations west of the Shannon where I mostly work & play are above 150cpl. Won't be using DCI card very much at this rate, and I've been with them for more than 5yrs.

• Advertisement

yep 124.6 was what i got yesterday.. stick to local forecourt until they are back to sensible price..

the cheapest I've seen at the moment is 149.9 CPL at forecourts

Advertisement