Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCI fuel card -Diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

dmmnnba wrote: »
    I got my invoice from DCI on Wednesday and was billed at standard network rate for a fill at filling station that is listed as a core site in the 2012 directory. I emailed them on Wednesday but there has been no reply yet. Can core sites become network sites during the course of a year?

If you get no reply, then reply to the next price notification email that you get on Tuesday. They should reply to that. That way works for me anyway.

My price from midnight last night is 126.7 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

My latest update is 127.7cpl

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Retail has come down 2-3c/litre in the last 10 days- are all your prices going up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Yeah I got 127.7 too which makes it 157.1 inc. VAT still cheaper than some places in Longford (159.9 is quite common around here) though I paid 156.9 at the pump yesterday.

Yeah I got 127.7 too which makes it 157.1 inc. VAT still cheaper than some places in Longford (159.9 is quite common around here) though I paid 156.9 at the pump yesterday.

127.7 @ 23% is 157.07 with VAT included.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Back down to 126.7cpl today...

Got an email tonight saying its 122.4 till next Tuesday at least. Thats 150.55 with vat.

Got an email tonight saying its 122.4 till next Tuesday at least. Thats 150.55 with vat.

Loads of places doing 150.99/151.99 retail now- they're not killing themselves.
    150.99 seems to the standard Applegreen undiscounted price today.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

smccarrick wrote: »
    Loads of places doing 150.99/151.99 retail now- they're not killing themselves.
    150.99 seems to the standard Applegreen undiscounted price today.

Loads of places? Are you just quoting the stations in your local area. There is 1300 plus stations in Ireland and according to www.pumps.ie which is run by members of the public like me and you, the National Average is 155.9 so I would say Last friday night that they were giving a very good price in fairness. According to that website there is less than 20 stations in Ireland under 150.99

Gal2011 wrote: »
    Loads of places? Are you just quoting the stations in your local area. There is 1300 plus stations in Ireland and according to www.pumps.ie which is run by members of the public like me and you, the National Average is 155.9 so I would say Last friday night that they were giving a very good price in fairness. According to that website there is less than 20 stations in Ireland under 150.99

Ok- west from Dublin- is 149.8 TOP Ushers Quay, 149.9 Esso Palmerstown, 149.9 Applegreen Palmerstown, 151.9 in a Texaco garage Lucan-Ballydowd, 150.9 Maxol Celbridge, 151.9 Maxol Lucan, 154.9 Tesco Maynooth, 148.9 Applegreen Enfield, etc etc On the road to Galway- I couldn't actually find a station over 154.9, and actually filled up @ 148.9.........

I'd also like to add- that any station I've seen locally- has dropped its prices by 2-3c a litre, since last Friday (which handily coincides with the massive drop in oil prices, and the surge in the dollar).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

Yes these would all be the stations that are the cheapest in Ireland and are in the list of 20 stations on www.pumps.ie as the top 20 cheapest stations in Ireland and i have noticed that Tralee is the other region of Ireland where you get a cheap price for diesel. All the stations will should be decreasing in Ireland over the next week as the price of diesel has fallen but that price on Friday was a v good price. Applegreen are a low cost fuel provider and I wouldn't comment on any brand here but obviously with the price on the card is in all branded stations which are much more expensive at the pump which are mostly still up on the 155 average. The price for diesel in Galway city where I am based in 157.9 today and cheapest in Galway is 154.9. I wish i was located near to one of those stations you mentioned though. Galway seems to be very expensive always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Gal2011 wrote: »
    Yes these would all be the stations that are the cheapest in Ireland and are in the list of 20 stations on www.pumps.ie as the top 20 cheapest stations in Ireland and i have noticed that Tralee is the other region of Ireland where you get a cheap price for diesel. All the stations will should be decreasing in Ireland over the next week as the price of diesel has fallen but that price on Friday was a v good price. Applegreen are a low cost fuel provider and I wouldn't comment on any brand here but obviously with the price on the card is in all branded stations which are much more expensive at the pump which are mostly still up on the 155 average. The price for diesel in Galway city where I am based in 157.9 today and cheapest in Galway is 154.9. I wish i was located near to one of those stations you mentioned though. Galway seems to be very expensive always.

Saw 157.9 in Roscommon too not sure if it was Topaz or Maxol, place in knockcroghery was around 152 when I was passing. Galway is always expensive was 10c more than roscommon all summer long. I have a friend in Knocknacarra that drives up and down to Cork and he says the same, every station between oranmore and cork city is at least a few cents cheaper than galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Did anyone else with the fuel card get a text from DCI with their price from midnight tonight (@ Core sites) — 119.99c/litre? (down from 126.2 or thereabouts for the last few months — I haven't used my card in ages...)

If it's not a mistake, it's the most substantial drop I've seen since I got the card a year or two ago — and not a bad price, at slightly under 147.5c/litre incl. VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Mine hasn't been above 124 since February 1 and today's text was for 121.7, interesting difference with what peckerhead saw. Wonder are they starting to vary geographically or for business / private users?

super_freddie.

Must be. Mine went up as high as 127.8 around the middle of February (private user, Limerick area) — hence the months of non-use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

how can you tell which are core stations and whats the VAT rate, thinking of getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

The plot thickens - I'm a private user in the Limerick area too...

They send you out a map that shows core and non-core stations.

super_freddie.

Wow. So we could be buying the same fuel out of the same stations/pumps and paying different prices, for no apparent reason? Might drop them a line... they're free to charge what they want, I suppose, and me to take it or leave it, but it's a bit fishy all right!

@TheDriver: VAT is 23%, so multiply the quoted price by 1.23.

Bloody hell. I was quoted 122.5cpl:( in an email 10 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

mine is 121.5 from the text from midnight today

yeah interesting how few different people get different rates

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement

just looked at the core listings from a few pages back and noticed that anything near me is TOP or Great Gas and they are usually cheaper anyways. I was hoping for Topaz or Esso or Maxol to be present, pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

My father was getting bills for €1.31 per litre plus vat. Meaning they were charging him more than what he would pay at the pump. But I phoned them up and they reduced the price hugely as they apparently were unaware of diesel prices in Dublin. Plus the more fuel you use the cheaper it gets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

So haven't used min in ages as it cheaper at the pump, just got a price of 115.1 which makes it 10c cheaper than the local pumps again, it must be the time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alphanumeric

My price from midnight was 118.4 (Private User). Do they vary the price that much from user to user?

My price from midnight was 118.4 (Private User). Do they vary the price that much from user to user?

Very good question. I got an email tonight to notify me that my price till Friday is 115.1c:D:D:D

Very good question. I got an email tonight to notify me that my price till Friday is 115.1c:D:D:D

How does this compare with a pump price (aka after VAT and whatever else is added into the equation?)

I've been getting diesel at a Tesco special offer price of 141.9 for the past few weeks, but unfortunately its up again- so back to 150.9.........

Tesco Diesel? Thought that was a bad idea to get no matter what the price???

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Hi there,

Further to our recent telephone conversation, please find enclosed details of the Diesel Price Guarantee Card.

SITE NETWORK

The cards are accepted at major truckstops, some motorway service areas, a selection of branded service stations, including Topaz, Top, Texaco, Emo, Esso, Great Gas and many independent sites. Additionally you will also receive a Fastfuel card giving you access to the Texaco and Maxol networks giving you unrivalled coverage across the nation. This innovation is completely different to the products on the market where you are quoted a keen ‘fishing price’ to get you interested followed by higher prices after a few months. Diesel Price Guarantee protects you from this problem with our unique guarantee, which covers our whole network of over 1200 sites, including 50 ‘PRIME’ sites where even lower prices are available.

PRICE GUARANTEE

This innovation is completely different to the products on the market where you are quoted a keen ‘fishing price’ to get you interested followed by higher prices after a few months. Diesel Price Guarantee protects you from this problem with our unique guarantee, which covers our whole network of over 1200 sites, including 50 ‘PRIME’ sites where even lower prices are available: We aim to have one of the markets most competitive prices on a consistent week by week basis - if in any week, another card company supplies diesel to you at a lower price than our own, we promise to match that price and refund the difference on your purchases with us for that week.*

We are the only fuel card company that offers a weekly guarantee on your diesel price.

REPORTS & PAYMENT TERMS

Ebill, our electronic billing system and our ‘Webfuels’ online card management system will ensure that you have reliable, timely information to reduce administration and help control your fuel costs. Weekly VAT approved invoices mean there will be no large bills coming in, allowing you to budget your finances more effectively. Payment is due 21 days from invoice date by direct debit.

SECURITY

A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required at certain sites. This along with an online card and PIN authorisation system offers high levels of security for all of your transactions at the above sites. All cards are restricted to fuel and lubricants only to avoid unauthorised purchases.

There is no charge for issuing cards, no fixed term contracts and no deposit required.

Kind Regards,

Declan Murphy

Diesel Price Guarantee

Direct Line: 091 482965

Websites: www.dieselpriceguarantee.com

Email: declan.murphy@dieselpriceguarantee.ie

smccarrick wrote: »
    How does this compare with a pump price (aka after VAT and whatever else is added into the equation?)

I've been getting diesel at a Tesco special offer price of 141.9 for the past few weeks, but unfortunately its up again- so back to 150.9.........

I'm in the West. Cheapest I've seen it at pumps in my travels in the past few days was 147.9. The VAT-inclusive price with DCI is now 141.57c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

He forgot to mention the €1 per month "card protection" charge that they put on my account without my consent.

JEmily wrote: »

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement