Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RossieMan wrote: »
    any think the standard this year is the worst yet?

division 1 is like playing a bunch of headless chickens at times.

the quitting is far worse this year than last year too.

*talking about online seasons.

Well I am only in Div 3 at minute although on 6-0-1 in it so going get promoted and hopefully win Division.

The furthest I got in Fifa 12 was Div 3 where I struggled badly from time to time. Now I may have got little better at the game, but I doubt that much.

Either that or im matched against Easier opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

well i've already won division 1 twice after just 13 seasons.

last year i only got three division 1 wins after like 35 seasons.

Standard has definitely dropped, maybe it's because everyone just plays with Real Madrid and are so easy to defend against. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How are the seasons fixtures decided? I'm playing as Liverpool in my 4th season, I only ever seem to play against PSG, Galatasaray or Dortmund.

Melion wrote: »
    How are the seasons fixtures decided? I'm playing as Liverpool in my 4th season, I only ever seem to play against PSG, Galatasaray or Dortmund.

Done on team star level.

If you keep picking Liverpool, you'll likely only face those, and maybe Napoli too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Well I am only in Div 3 at minute although on 6-0-1 in it so going get promoted and hopefully win Division.

The furthest I got in Fifa 12 was Div 3 where I struggled badly from time to time. Now I may have got little better at the game, but I doubt that much.

Either that or im matched against Easier opponents.

its definitely easier with fifa 12 i spent about 9 seasons trying to get into division 1. this year i walked into division 1. promoted each season first attempt, and won the title in most. have yet to try division 1. i play with cksa moscow

• Advertisement

Only played 4 games in Div2 and on 2-1-1 so far.

Think won 5 Divisions including Div 3.

I never even got to Div 2 in FIFA 12.

In saying that I am playing more FIFA now then before so might help.

Doubt I will be good enough to win DIV 1 though. Not that good.

I rather seasons though as I think the skill level is better then UT and it's not as repetitive.

My record in seasons is something like 61-17-37

Nothing special about that but for me that's ok.

Only played 4 games in Div2 and on 2-1-1 so far.

Think won 5 Divisions including Div 3.

I never even got to Div 2 in FIFA 12.

In saying that I am playing more FIFA now then before so might help.

Doubt I will be good enough to win DIV 1 though. Not that good.

I rather seasons though as I think the skill level is better then UT and it's not as repetitive.

My record in seasons is something like 61-17-37

Nothing special about that but for me that's ok.

just checked mine there its 42-15-17 without playing div1 il give it a go today and see how i get on

just played two games there a draw and a win. both matches were tough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

Melion wrote: »

I kept trying to use liverpool in career but found they werent great and the likes of dortmund/spurs etc.. Were far too good even though around the same rating. Started playing as belgium instead after getting a few woopings off them, good team to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've found Liverpool to be very easy to use. Usually go with:
    Reina
    Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
    Gerrard Luas
    Sturridge Coutinho Sterling
    Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm playing as Arsenal at the moment. I seem to be competitive in Division Four with them as opposed to struggling to stay up with most other teams. I got screwed out of promotion yesterday.

My overall record is pretty pants. 81-36-98 I think.

Liverpool seem really good. I always struggle against them. Suarez & Sturridge have so much pace.

• Advertisement

how are people doing on ranking points?

i've got about 3000 after my 18th season.

wondering how many points you need to start getting an actual placing.

also, anyone up for a game sometime? PS3 user btw.

would like to try out some new teams, but don't think i'll be competitive enough with them in division 1. I usually use Bayern Munich.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm playing as Arsenal at the moment. I seem to be competitive in Division Four with them as opposed to struggling to stay up with most other teams. I got screwed out of promotion yesterday.

My overall record is pretty pants. 81-36-98 I think.

Liverpool seem really good. I always struggle against them. Suarez & Sturridge have so much pace.

TBF with your division you are in, you are better then average. The divisions get tougher as you go up.

Im currently in Div 2. Have record of something like 60-18-37 but I can assure you once I get to Div 1(if I do) if anything my Loses will get higher and wins lower.

how are people doing on ranking points?

i've got about 3000 after my 18th season.

wondering how many points you need to start getting an actual placing.

also, anyone up for a game sometime? PS3 user btw.

would like to try out some new teams, but don't think i'll be competitive enough with them in division 1. I usually use Bayern Munich.

only starting 11th season now and have 1427 ranking points and have done one season of div1 and it wasnt that personally i should of done better in a couple games. only lost one game and drew 3 and won 3. i use cska moskva. they seem to suit my passing better

Ah, your record is still pretty good, And division 1 isn't half as tough as it was previous years. I'm only a very average player, and i've yet to even be relegated.:P

Having double the amount of wins as losses is always my target in fifa's.

I've currently 98 wins, 16 or so draws and 40 losses. 3 league titles too.

UT and Clubs keep me busy though, don't play as much seasons as i'd like to.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Renn wrote: »
    Ah, it's sluggish for me when playing :/

obviously this is a late reply, and you might even have found a solution by now.......

i had the exact same issue with that modem along with it no longer gave me a NAT TYPE 1 any more, i remember having clear chances on goal and it either would take too long to shoot or when it did shoot i seemed to have used way to much power and blowing my shots over the bar.

i ended up buying a new modem (NetGear N600) and i seem to be fine since, (but still can only get Nat type 2 unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My record is 41 11 7

Currently in Division 3 played 4 games, won 4.

My secret is Anzhi. Traore, Eto'o, Willian and Diarra are class ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Unearthly wrote: »
    My secret is Anzhi. Traore, Eto'o, Willian and Diarra are class ;)

It's not much of a secret to be honest, loads of people use them online in Seasons! :pac:

NUTZZ wrote: »
    It's not much of a secret to be honest, loads of people use them online in Seasons! :pac:

Aye, since Fifa12.

your record is decent alright, but lets see how/if you get to division 1. thats when the losses start to rise. ;)

ahhh right, is the game designed not to have me playing against other Anzhi users? I only ever really come across Marseille, Galatasaray, Lille, Hannover and Newcastle.

In Fifa 12 my seasons career ended in tears when I got to the dreaded Division 1 :pac:

ahhh right, is the game designed not to have me playing against other Anzhi users? I only ever really come across Marseille, Galatasaray, Lille, Hannover and Newcastle.

In Fifa 12 my seasons career ended in tears when I got to the dreaded Division 1 :pac:

it goes by team star levels, so you'll only play people who have similar levels, if possible.

Thats why you keep getting 4 and a half star opponents.

• Advertisement

Right update. 50/14/7

I'm in Division 2, with 19 points after 7 games. Need 2 more points from 3 games to win the title then i venture into the murky waters of Div. 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Are you playing the Fifa Interactive WC? Is that what most play?

No I play the online seasons mode. There are 10 divisions. You need to reach certain targets such as 18 points and 21 points from 10 games to gain promotion/win the title.

You can also get relegated.

Good fun.

My only good stat is that i've gotten to division 1 in 11 seasons, and won 3 titles without being relegated after 21 seasons. :D

Win/loss ratio is not so good anymore though.

Right update. 50/14/7

I'm in Division 2, with 19 points after 7 games. Need 2 more points from 3 games to win the title then i venture into the murky waters of Div. 1 :D

division is actually easy enough :P would be same as division 2 of ultimate team

division is actually easy enough :P would be same as division 2 of ultimate team

are you saying Ultimate team is harder than seasons?

because it's not.
    not even close.

I've a very, very poor team in UT and easily beat some of the players in division 1. Whereas, in seasons its at least a challenge and games are usually much closer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I finally got to div 6 today in my 11th season :)

are you saying Ultimate team is harder than seasons?

because it's not.
    not even close.

I've a very, very poor team in UT and easily beat some of the players in division 1. Whereas, in seasons its at least a challenge and games are usually much closer.

well for me its being the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Lads in Divison 1 and came within one game of winning the whole thing. Sadly it was on game too many.

You come up against some serious players in that division, the pressure they put on you when they don't have the ball is unreal. I have heard of people setting the agression levels of their teams to enhance the pressure applied by cpu controlled players. Is this something you can set on online mode prior to a game kicking off?

I know you can set in game tactics, like high pressure, and pressing one of the top buttons brings over a 2nd player to help you close someone down, but is there anything else they might be doing that I am not?

• Advertisement

niallo24 wrote: »
    Lads in Divison 1 and came within one game of winning the whole thing. Sadly it was on game too many.

You come up against some serious players in that division, the pressure they put on you when they don't have the ball is unreal. I have heard of people setting the agression levels of their teams to enhance the pressure applied by cpu controlled players. Is this something you can set on online mode prior to a game kicking off?

I know you can set in game tactics, like high pressure, and pressing one of the top buttons brings over a 2nd player to help you close someone down, but is there anything else they might be doing that I am not?

Do you mean like do the tactics yourself?

If you go onto main screen
    go to customise. Or custom( can't remember name but you will understand)
    and edit team.

From there you can go into any team go into custom tactics and you can set sliders.

Once you save them what you need to do us go into quick tactics. You will see 4 options. Press on any which you don't want and your tactic will be saved there and can replace the option already there.

Hope makes sense. If not let me know.

Advertisement