Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi everyone,

How are you all doing?? I'm pleased to say the morning sickness has calmed down a bit. Was being sick twice a day every day but now it may be just once every couple of days although I still get big waves of nausea.

I have the occasional headaches too.

I have my twelve week scan on Tuesday and I'm getting really nervous. Keep thinking the worse :-( I had a scan done at 7 weeks and saw the little bean and a good heart beat but now I'm getting sooooo worried. Was anyone else like this???

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

I would say keep positive :) but I have to say I had my scan done week ago ( at 13 weeks) its my second baby and I was still bit anxious :) I am happy to know that everything is fine and it all looks good for my home birth :)

My energy levels are back up and all the nausea is gone :) we are going for holidays next week to my family in Poland so I cannot wait to get some rest while my mum is bonding with her grand daughter :)

I hope you all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Amo1983

Hi Everyone,
    I have been reading your posts as I am due in Jan 2013 also- not sure of date yet! I thought id join in and say hello. This is our first baby and quite the suprise! We have started to tell people now which is making it very real and exciting!
    I hope everyone is keeping well? We are suposed to be moving into the best part now- less tiredness and sickness and more glow!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

welcome Amo, its so exciting telling people now! 15weeks and energy levels up,sickness bye bye!had a scan today hard to believe baby is so well formed!was moving away loads!starting to get bump already,this is my second child and i could of sworn i felt tiny movements last night!hope everyone is well!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Hi all. Glad to hear everyone is well. I'm 16 wks tomorrow and I can't believe how fast the time is going. Starting to get my bump I think. None of my clothes fit me anymore!

Four more weeks till my 20 week scan. Can't wait to see the little munchkin again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

sonandheir wrote: »
    starting to get bump already,this is my second child and i could of sworn i felt tiny movements last night!
    Tigerton wrote: »
    I'm 16 wks tomorrow and I can't believe how fast the time is going. Starting to get my bump I think. None of my clothes fit me anymore!

Four more weeks till my 20 week scan. Can't wait to see the little munchkin again! :D

Sonandheir, this is my second too, and i could swear that i am feeling movements too, little ones :D. I am starting to get a bump too, some of my jeans are so uncomfortable, im kind of surprised as i was much later showing on my first.

Tigerton, are you due new years day aswell? I am going to my GP on friday so i am going to ask her to the the doppler which im soooooo excited about. 5 weeks until my next scan they arent scanning me until 21+2. but you are right, the weeks are flying by. We might just have jinxed it now though ;)

Hi Princessa

I'm due the second of Jan. Can't wait!!! I wish it was January already. Though its probably good that its not cos there's so much to do!

Has anyone starting buying stuff yet? I don't know if it's too soon or not!

I bought my very first baby thing just yesterday Tigerton. The had those sleeping bag thingys (Very technical i am :D) that clip at there shoulders so they cant fall into them, it was reduced from 16e to 7e so i said ah im 16weeks i might aswell and it was a bargain :D.
    I hadnt plan on picking up things until sept but sure.

Is this your first Tigerton?

I have some of the bigger things already - have cot and moses baskets just need to get new matresses for them. Have bouncer, my high chair is pink so we'll see ;). Pram broke so i do need to get a new one. Then all the other bits and pieces, going to have to make a list of things i need and tick them off weekly.

I am excited but im not wishing the pregnancy away yet, i am starting to get a little bump but i am so excited to start showing properly that its dead obvious "Oh shes pregnant :D". Cant wait for my 21week scan too, aint seen the little babs since my 10week scan.

Oh its all so exciting!!! Once it stays in there until at least stephens day il be thrilled, i dont fancy missing out on all the excitement of christmas eve and christmas day. But sure as long as me and baby will be happy and ok i cant be too choosey =)

Yep it's my first. So excited but there's so much to get and do and learn about.

Will start getting a few bits in the coming weeks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gravid

Hi all!

We had our first check up in the antenatal clinic the other day and all is looking good so far! I told my supervisor in college the day after and it was such a relief! Got a good reaction so my worries were for nothing ;-)

Does anyone have any suggestions of good books or magazines on pregnancies and what to expect etc.?

Hope yer all well!

• Advertisement

Tigerton wrote: »
    Yep it's my first. So excited but there's so much to get and do and learn about.

Will start getting a few bits in the coming weeks. :D

[QUOTE=gravid;79859660 I told my supervisor in college the day after and it was such a relief! Got a good reaction so my worries were for nothing ;-)[/QUOTE]

Dont worry Tigerton, thats completely normal. I keep thinking..... Oh what if ive forgotton how to do that with the baby or bla bla, stupid things but the cliche is very true, maternal instinct just kicks in and you honestly just know what to do with your baby.
    Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?

Glad to hear that you got a good reaction gravid. I told work collegues last week and i got plenty of hugs and congratz too so its all good and the collage have been amazing and very helpful so all is good.

Had a GP apt on fri, i heard the heartbeat on the doppler for the first time, oh it was amazing.
    Doc was very pleased, bp normal, no ankle swelling, urine clear. Thrilled i must say. Hospital in 4 weeks time for scan - cant wait to see how much bigger and more baby like our baby looks.

Everybody keeping well? :D

I'm so pleased that you said that about the maternal instinct cos that's a fear!

That's awesome about the heartbeat. There's no sound like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 plahc

Hi all I just thought that I would join you all here. I'm due Jan 5th in cumh with no.2.
    So jealous of of the girls saying sickness easing, mine is as bad as ever. 16+4 today and no sign of such luck. Can't wait for 20 week check up in Aug, 4 Weeks from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭petalgumdrops

plahc wrote: »
    Hi all I just thought that I would join you all here. I'm due Jan 5th in cumh with no.2.
    So jealous of of the girls saying sickness easing, mine is as bad as ever. 16+4 today and no sign of such luck. Can't wait for 20 week check up in Aug, 4 Weeks from today.

Congrats Plahc and welcome :)

Haven't been on in a bit.. Glad to see the thread filling up :) and glad to hear everyone is feeling well :) Very sad news Mola :(

Had first appointment last week - it went well.. had a mini scan and baby looks perfect. ooks a little bigger than my little girl was at that stage tho!! starting to get a bump already - i never showed on my first until 30 weeks!! IMAGINE!! think 2nd time round ya tend to show earlier??? Princessa i see you have a lil girl 2? what age?

Hope everyone is feeling well :)

Welcome and congrats Plahc. What do you have at home already Plahc? Apparently as the old wives tale goes if you are really sick its a girl.

I remember having morning sickness for ages on my first (A little girl), it did taper of though eventually. Fingers and toes crossed for you that it eases soon, oh its just so horrible. This time around i had it from about 4.30pm till bedtime every night and it kind of faded away there about 14 weeks i think.

Hiya Petalgumdrop, awwwwh i havent had a scan since 10+1, my next scan is in 4 weeks, il be 21+2 so i hope babs is much bigger and clearer im so excited, im wishing the summer away to get to that scan :D.

Yeah i have a little girl, shes 2 and a half, she will be three in Nov, il have a 3 years 2 month age gap between the two hopefully. :D

I am starting to get a bump too, its mad on my first i was about 27weeks before i got a bump, now i am just shooting out. The OH thinks its a big boy growing inside me as i have a bump already. He said to me yesterday "Oh id say you will have a huge bump this time, you're showing already", think it was one of those moments where it was out before he realised what he said... :rolleyes:

Anybody started looking at prams etc or want to reccomend one? I had a chicco one last time and it was super heavy and the carry tot ended up breaking anyways so i am going to start looking maybe next month after my scan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gravid

Hi!

Im barely 15weeks and its my first pregnancy and Im barely able to button my jeans! My sister had a baby just over a year ago so she has given me her pregnancy clothes and I actually feel that I need to start wearing them already!
    Anyone else showing this early in their first pregnancy?

No I didnt show till about 30 weeks! showing now at 15 weeks...

princessa what hospital are you in? i have my big scan at the end of the month in holles street.. really looking forward to it. Im also gonna find out the sex of the baby :) anyone else gonna find out?

princessa i had a quick look at prams in mothercare last week for the simple reason im gonna need a double buggy as im gonna have a 16 month age gap!!! Gonna be busy haha

I am in waterford so im out in the regional hospital.

Just back from the Docs, been diagnosed with Pubic Sympysis Diastasis. Im in agony. She gave me a repeat prescription of Codeine which i really dont want to take, a letter for the hospital for tomorrow and a physio letter.
    Feeling misreable, it so sore to walk or do anything. The OH is amazing as i cant lift or do anything with our 2 year old. Il give the hospital a ring in the morning see what they want me to do.:(

Aw princessa thats terrible ya poor thing. not good to get it so early. its good that your OH has been so good and letting ya relax.. it cant be easy with a 2 and a half year old. try and get plenty of rest and take the pain relief you will feel better for it..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

got a def kick tonight even my husband felt it,cant believe feeling so much quicker and have a bump already at 16weeks!didnt get a bump with my first for ages!lovely feeling tho,i guess i finally feel pregnant:D

• Advertisement

Awwwh thanks petalgumdrops, hopefully now i be flying around soon. Just frustrating not being able to get up and do things for myself, or run to the potty fast when the little one says she has wee wees coming :D

Aaaaah thats brilliant sonadheir. The OH cant feel any of the kicks yet but hopefully soon.

I had a scan in the hospital on friday, ah it was lovely to see the little babs, it was so active, arms and legs flying around the place, baby is perfect the midwife said thank god. Growing well - mesured 31st Dec on the scan so dates of 01/01/13 still good.

Princessa, you could be right because ive a boy already so could very well be a girl! U poor thing putting up with that pain, not easy with a 2 yr old to look after.
    Sonandheir, im so jealous ur feeling kicks I cannot feel anything yet and im 17+1 today.
    Well we moved house this weekend & my sister moved to Canada, I feel as though my heart has been ripped out through my chest - im devastated! The hormones are not helping though - ive been crying for the past 24 hours. Anyway feel sorry for me rant over lol!

Awwwwh Plahc cry away, you have had such an tough weekend, not to mention all the crazy hormones zooming through your body anyways. If it makes you feel any better i cried my heart out watching Good Will Hunting last week, big red eyes on me for ages. Hugs to you.

Yeah but everybody has been amazing i must say esp the OH, im just glad im home from hospital, more physio on thurs, docs on Fri and we take it from there. Hopefully i be flying around in no time.

Wont be long and you will be feeling kicks at all hours in the morning Plahc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Hey everyone, hope ye are all doing well and getting over sickness. Plahc hope you're settling into new house ok and sorry you're upset about sister leaving, hope won't be too long before she can visit :(

Alls good here, had 16wk hospital visit last week, all was fine but nothing exciting, got date for scan , on 15th August so two and half weeks to go, can't wait! We both want to find out the sex so fingers crossed they will be able to tell on the day. Getting a bit of a bump now but so far think its only himself and me who would notice it. Think I felt baby move the other day too but nothing since so might have just imagined it!

Have any of you started buying things yet? Or had your scan and found out gender? I feel like Im just wishing the next few months away so baby will be here :o

Thanks for all of your kind words girls!
    Saucysue: ive bought 2 x bottle starter kits alright because the are in smyths down from e60 to e24.
    Dont know who said it d other day about buggys, but I have my eye in the pebbles one in smyths, looks fab its e350.

Hi SaucySue. Me and the OH have decided to wait for the surprise so we wont be finding out the sex. Have you decided if you are going to keepi it between you and the OH or are you telling people when you know the sex?

I only bought one of those sleeping bag things as it was reduced. I have my 21week scan in three weeks so after that i said i would start picking things up, i want to go look at prams, and start picking up some white sheets and babygrows etc :D

Is that offer still on in smyths for the bottles do you know Plahc? Im going to breastfeed at the start but its handy to have all the bottles and what not ready.

Princessa, the deal in mothercare is still on as far as I know. Very good offer.
    Myself and DH are going to find out the sex but keep it between ourselves! We did it on DS and was the best thing for us because we named him before he was born and we felt as though he was here before he was. I def think that different things work for different ppl and this worked for us the last time, so we are going to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

The more I think about what I might need for a new baby ( I have a 11 month daughter) I realize I don't need anything except few bits for a birthing pool :(
    Next scan in 4 weeks - cannot wait. As we did with our first we won't be looking to find out babys sex :)

Ah thats lovely Plahc, then its like ye'r own little secret. Do you tell people then that you didnt find out?

If my family found out i knew even if i said i was just me and the OH that knew, i would be harrased for the following 20weeks, waiting for me to trip up at any point and say he or she. :rolleyes:

Thats good that you dont have much to get Missis Aggie, although where babies are concerned i think you will find plenty of little things that you need to get, its always the way :D. We are not finding out the sex either, so just going to buy some white babysgrows and some neutral sheets etc.
    I couldnt believe how many presents i got last time. I had tons of pink being sent home from the hospital every day. :)

• Advertisement

Yes Princessa, we don't tell anybody that we found out, for the exact reason you stated, plus I would let it slip at least now, I could try and cover it up. Even though I find myself referreing to "her" for some reason & DH saying, oh its a girl is it???

How are you feeling today princessa?
    Isn't the weather soooo depressing. The little man want to go out on his bike & I just cant let him out in this bloody rain & its not as if I can wrap him up completely in rain gear either because its so hot to go along with it, he is the type of child who needs to run the energy out of himself or else he gets up to mischief, so the house is up in a heap and I'm just giving into him for a peaceful life (Supernanny would give me a talking to, fortunately I live in the real world).

Advertisement