Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - world beers - any 5 for €10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Owryan wrote: »
    Awful selection in Tesco's carlow. ended up getting :

Wells banana bread beer
    svyturys ekstra premium lager
    erdinger dunkel
    whitewater copperhead
    efes pilsner

Further down that same isle was a bigger selection, I thought the same till I seen it, there was about 10 more choices. That banana bread beer is tasty stuff. Theakstons old peculiar, well it was peculier but very nice. There was hobgoblin, old speckled hen, both the Fullers aswell. Go back tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Just been tesco extra Naas AGAIN and no extra beers than normal in there. Biggest tesco in the country and I can't get chocolate stout or banana bread beer WTF is going on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Further down that same isle was a bigger selection, I thought the same till I seen it, there was about 10 more choices. That banana bread beer is tasty stuff. Theakstons old peculiar, well it was peculier but very nice. There was hobgoblin, old speckled hen, both the Fullers aswell. Go back tomorrow!

lots of empty shelves when i was in so maybe i just missed out. Will raid the kids fund and pop in again tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

Basq wrote: »
    In before the beer snobs..

.. oh wait! :D

Any recommendations? Might pick up a couple at the weekend.

Efes is a great Turkish beer, I almost brought a case back when I was ther last.

arikv wrote: »
    Efes is a great Turkish beer, I almost brought a case back when I was ther last.

Would agree, i enjoyed it immensly, would put it just behind the copperhead beer, that was my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Just a heads up, perhaps obvious, that not all the beers cost 2 euro so you save almost nothing if you're not aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

got some azahi tigers and utenos
    love those three

JPA wrote: »
    Just a heads up, perhaps obvious, that not all the beers cost 2 euro so you save almost nothing if you're not aware.

Good points
    that reminds me the utenos is normally 1.99

azahi and big tigers dearer alright

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Loaded up on double chocolate and banana bread (should keep me going for a while!), but anyone able to find Duvel anywhere? My local normally stocks it but seem to have taken it off the shelves for this promotion. I did ask, only to be told they couldn't find it but that there was better value in Budweiser and Miller at the moment....this despite my trolley having 60 various bottles in it at the time......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,322 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Trying Krombacher now.

What makes a beer a "pilsner" exactly?

Starting to think maybe I just don't like these pilsners!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

noodler wrote: »
    Trying Krombacher now.

What makes a beer a "pilsner" exactly?

Starting to think maybe I just don't like these pilsners!
    A stronger dryer lager is what id describe it as. I don't think krombacher is a good beer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Asahi beer sold out in Dundalk Longwalk this afternoon.Never seen the likes of the near panic buying situation that went on:eek: Is it that is so great of a beer or is it just that 5 for a t€nn€r is a huge bargain for that beer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Asahi beer sold out in Dundalk Longwalk this afternoon.Never seen the likes of the near panic buying situation that went on:eek: Is it that is so great of a beer or is it just that 5 for a t€nn€r is a huge bargain for that beer??
    extremely dry tasting beer, nothing special i would have thought!

wouldnt have thought it was that popular myself
    its never on offer though anywhere so 5 for 10 is cheap
    think theyre usually 2.79
    lovely beer imo though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stocked up today. The Wells Waggle Dance is very nice. I can now say I have two favoutite honey beers (this and Fuller Honey Dew). :pac:

Picked up a load of the Clotworthy Dobbin, Effes, Belfast Lager, Asahi, Schenider Weisse and Harvest Pale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If being a "beer snob" means refusing to drink tasteless yellow fizz, then I will proudly wear that badge.

I'm generally not a fan of Tesco but must admit that this is a very good promotion.

I haven't tried all of the beers on the offer but of those that I have, my favourites would be:

- Goose Island IPA (exceptional value at 1.50 a bottle)
    - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (ditto)
    - Porterhouse Hop Head
    - Porterhouse Wrasslers XXX stout
    - O'Hara's Pale Ale
    - O'Hara's Leann Follain.

bought 1 wrasslers and 4 sneider Weiss(tap 7) today and offer of 5 for 10 euro didn't work.

Are they all deffo on the offer of 5 for a tenner ?

Cheers

vicwatson wrote: »
    bought 1 wrasslers and 4 sneider Weiss(tap 7) today and offer of 5 for 10 euro didn't work.

Are they all deffo on the offer of 5 for a tenner ?

Cheers

Make sure they are all on promotion , i found some none promotion beers stocked besides the ones that were in Carlow.

Either that or the till boobo'ed and you should go back.

As an aside the bananabread beer is only divine but you wouldnt drink too many in one sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The wrasslers (and all the porterhouse stuff) isn't in the offer - it's 1.50 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Went to Paul st Tesco in Cork yesterday thinking I'd pick up 5. But ended up with 10. Too good a deal to pass up. Cheers OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭ronano

anyone know if the tesco out in clare hall have a decent selection? tried parnell and jervis but nothing decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,830 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ronano wrote: »
    anyone know if the tesco out in clare hall have a decent selection? tried parnell and jervis but nothing decent

I was up there last night, they had atleast 30, maybe more and plenty of stock of each.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Tesco Mahon Point is nearly fully stocked on all of them apart from the banana beer which I got the last one of :p

The cardboard wine holders are very handy too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clarsax

New Tesco in cabra (beside park motors) had a very large selection and good quantities. Not with the rest of beers tho. Had to go looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Bought these beers in tullamore
    Erdinger (Krstal), Think think much, very fizzy 5/10
    Erdinger (Weissbrau) ,Lovely and smooth 8/10
    Youngs Double Choc Stout, even the miss's liked this 7/10
    Belfast black stout, the nicest stout I've had in a while 9/10
    Wells Bananna Bread Beer, nice beer with the finishing taste of bananna 7/10

Looking forward to the next batch, any recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Interesting. I passed on the Belfast black stout, but on your rating there I think I'll have to give it a try.

Asahi
    enjoying a couple right now
    beautiful

other than that tiger
    and utenos but thats always 1.99

love premium beers

on the other hand i wish i liked cans of bud heino and the likes as
    much so that i could be drinking them for a euro a pop

any lagers out there as good as these
    also looking for recommendations

love the weisbiers also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Prussia st had one six pack of Sam Adams left and only a few of the main deal inc. smith wicks pale ale, erodinger and fullers pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Should These be drank pick and mix or should I stick to one brand per night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Should These be drank pick and mix or should I stick to one brand per night

Maybe stick to one type of beer, as in only drink stout one night and a lager the next night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Great selection in Tesco Cabra. Stocked up on Fullers London Pride and Honey Dew. Got the full range of Whitewater beers. But a bit of a surprise one Courage Directors Bitter was really nice. Not a strong beer but a good flavour.

Advertisement