Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - world beers - any 5 for €10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

vicwatson wrote: »
    though perfectly placed to catch you out between shelves of the world beers on offer - grr Tesco !!!

tesco are brilliant at this craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Lidl are selling Shephard Neame Spit Fire and Bishops Finger for 1.33 both are 500ml.
    Spit Fire 5/10 not to impressed with this on, cheap and cheerful type ale
    Bishops Finger 8/10 very nice and at 5.7%, up there with O'Hara's ale,but 5 of these guys for less than 7 yo yo's, yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was in today and picked up another 2 x Banana Bread Beers, 1 x Double Chocolate Stout, 1 x O Hara's Pale Ale and 1 x WaggleDance Honey Beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭coillcam

Fantastic deal while it lasts. Got the GF to pick some of O'Hara's Red for €1.75 per 500ml bottle too. Hopefully it will encourage Tesco and indeed other large retailers to expand their beer selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

Availed of the deal today and tried The Governor which was pretty unremarkable and Fursty Ferret which was very nice indeed. Good selection available in Tesco Portlaoise.

• Advertisement

got the banana bread beer but didnt try it yet
    afraid if i do that i wont feel like drinking any more beer so
    its kept aside for midweek

i rarely rave about any beer but this asahi is just gorgeous altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

As usual, Tesco Wicklow way behind the pack with a total of about 3 of the beers out of 40! I think I will stick to buying in my local off-licence. :(

And after seeing this thread I was looking forward to trying everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Tullamore's shelf today

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Picked some today, so far tried Asahi and Shipyard Export (this one for €1.50) and I'm in love :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Tullamore's shelf today
    That looks like the have Porterhouse Brain Blasta there for €1.50? Great value at that price. It's not their nicest beer, but it is tasty, and it does what it says on the tin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

belfast black is beatiful, thanks op

also Newbridge Tesco has great selection now, was dissapointed by selection in Naas Extra last week, dunno maybe they stocked up by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

the only problem i have is getting a taste for belfast lager and not being to get it anywhere when this is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Can't believe I missed this and I was in Tesco's lately. Which worries me that it may not be the full hog in my local Branch. Must give it my full attention before te week is out ;)

mailburner wrote: »
    got the banana bread beer but didnt try it yet

not liking this banana bread beer at all

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

tinner777 wrote: »
    the only problem i have is getting a taste for belfast lager and not being to get it anywhere when this is finished

Think that could be a problem with the majority of beers on the thread/offer.

Tried the Fiery Gingerbread beer last night, couldn't drink it, was way too gingery. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

I was just down in Tesco in Clondalkin there, they had the usual 8 beers on offer with about 6 new ones they got in for the special deal. I'm a little disappointed there's not more but I did stock up on O'Haras Leann Folliann, Hobgoblin and a couple of Fuller's Honey Dew (light, but so refreshing!).

I'm hoping to run up to Tallaght in a few days to pick up some beers I haven't tried. Anyone know if they have a good selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

had the whitewate clothworthy dobbin... 5/10
    whitewater belfast ale...5/10
    shipyard export ............6/10
    shipyard ipa................7/10
    the guvnor............6/10
    none of the beers were up to much bar the shipyard ipa. highly disapointed with the belfast ale...nothing wrong with it but lacks so much. had heard good things about the clothwrty dobbin but it was nothing to report home about to be honest.

ps all drank one a night so not a case of the ipa spoiling the taste buds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Only discovered this promotion now while stumbling around in Tesco Clearwater, Finglas last night. Their shelves were packed then(might help some bargain seekers) and the Porterhouse range was readily available, I swore the end of the offer date for these was May 22nd. Think 1.50 a bottle should be the normal price than the previous 2euro a bottle but they are quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

gurramok wrote: »
    Only discovered this promotion now while stumbling around in Tesco Clearwater, Finglas last night. Their shelves were packed then(might help some bargain seekers) and the Porterhouse range was readily available, I swore the end of the offer date for these was May 22nd. Think 1.50 a bottle should be the normal price than the previous 2euro a bottle but they are quality.

any sierra nevada at 1.50 there?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Tesco in Mahon Point has Sierra Neveda, didn't see that when they originally started the deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Anybody spot any goose island anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

They had lots in Tullamore today.... Tho I have to say... I tried it and all I could taste was "Turkish Delight " .... didn't like it at all and I was so looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

laros wrote: »
    They had lots in Tullamore today.... Tho I have to say... I tried it and all I could taste was "Turkish Delight " .... didn't like it at all and I was so looking forward to it

Tullamore is a bit out of the way for me alright!

Turkish Delight!? I'll have to remember that next time I'm having one, absolutely my favourite beer at the moment but despise Turkish Delight!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

gurramok wrote: »

I think it ends the 20th (which is Sunday).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

leggit wrote: »
    Anybody spot any goose island anywhere?

Just picked up a dozen in Finglas. Dozen sierra Nevada too. I couldn't help myself.

Oh and it does finish on the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I tried the Curim wheat beer, which is from Carlow and Lithuania's finest(allegedly), Ekstra.

Both very nice beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yes, was in there(Clearwater) today, shelves still stocked up! Sierra Nevada still stocked there, i grabbed a few Chocy Stouts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭seklly

Some Goose Island in the Rathmines, good selection in there, just stocked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Had some Chocolate Stout last night... not a stout fan and that won't change my mind.

Not bad persé but heavy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

stevenmu wrote: »
    That looks like the have Porterhouse Brain Blasta there for €1.50? Great value at that price. It's not their nicest beer, but it is tasty, and it does what it says on the tin.

Ah that's a great selection! And yeah brainblasta is lovely (on draught), the bottle has yet to sway me (no matter how many I drink!).

Also sorry if this has been mentioned before but was in Tesco (Nutgrove, Rathfarnham) earlier and noticed that they're doing 330ml Sierra Nevada Ale for 1.50! Picked up a few and there were loads left. Lovely beer.

Advertisement