Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - world beers - any 5 for €10

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Bought these beers in tullamore
    Erdinger (Krstal), Think think much, very fizzy 5/10
    Erdinger (Weissbrau) ,Lovely and smooth 8/10
    Youngs Double Choc Stout, even the miss's liked this 7/10
    Belfast black stout, the nicest stout I've had in a while 9/10
    Wells Bananna Bread Beer, nice beer with the finishing taste of bananna 7/10

Looking forward to the next batch, any recommendations

O'Hara's Leann Follain is seriously good if you like stout, definitely pick up some of that.

Porterhouse Hop Head is delicious too, one of my favourite beers. But it does have a very strong hoppy taste so it's not for everyone, but if you're open to new tastes it's a good one to try.

Well's Honey Dew is a really nice light tasting beer. Not as unusual or different tasting as some of the others but very very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

Just tried Fursty Ferret Pale ale (last night). Yum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

sher55 wrote: »
    Just tried Fursty Ferret Pale ale . Yum!!!

:eek:
    At 7 in the morning?
    You need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

milltown wrote: »
    :eek:
    At 7 in the morning?
    You need help.

10 pm last night:pac:
    Just getting around to post my option now lol

Its the best beer of the bunch so far.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

tried: moonraker: nice but sweetish, couldn't drink much
    Banana bread beer: nice but wouldn't drink a lot of it
    Double choc: nice but don't get the great chocolate flavour.
    Tangle Foot: Interesting, nice tang off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Has anyone tried The Governor, it's Marco Pierre White's beer?

I got 2 Ginger Beards, 1 Utenos, 1 Ekstra and 1 Asahi. Only tried the Ginger Beard so far but I hated it, no real gingery-ness to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »
    bought 1 wrasslers and 4 sneider Weiss(tap 7) today and offer of 5 for 10 euro didn't work.

Are they all deffo on the offer of 5 for a tenner ?

Cheers
    The wrasslers (and all the porterhouse stuff) isn't in the offer - it's 1.50 a bottle.
    JPA wrote: »
    Just a heads up, perhaps obvious, that not all the beers cost 2 euro so you save almost nothing if you're not aware.
    Owryan wrote: »
    Make sure they are all on promotion , i found some none promotion beers stocked besides the ones that were in Carlow.

Either that or the till boobo'ed and you should go back.

As an aside the bananabread beer is only divine but you wouldnt drink too many in one sitting

Heads up -

Checked back in Tesco this morning and they have deliberately placed the porterhouse beers between the world beers offer, i.e. there are world beers above and below the porterhouse ones - I made a mistake in taking that they were part of the offer and as I made that mistake it cost me €2.66 more :mad:

Just be careful as the porterhouse beers are NOT part of the 5 for €10.00 deal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just be careful as the porterhouse beers are NOT part of the 5 for €10.00 deal.
    They should be on offer as well though, I got a bunch of them in dundrum at €1.50 a bottle.

stevenmu wrote: »
    They should be on offer as well though, I got a bunch of them in dundrum at €1.50 a bottle.

Yes they are on offer at €1.50 but are not part of the World beers 5 for €10.00 deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Ah cool, thought I missed out on this, still on until the 20th

204064.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

pretty good selection in tesco stillorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

donnacha wrote: »
    pretty good selection in tesco stillorgan

Same in rathmines, plenty of stock and lots of options

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

plenty in galway today (not so great in oranmore)
    efes is a very nice beer also but mainly went in
    for more asahi

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I see Svyturys Ekstra is part of the 5 for a €10 deal. If you try it and like it you can get 24 bottles for €33/34ish from Lituanica stores. They are mainly in Leinster. The wheat beer from Svyturus is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Pitiful selection in Dolphins Barn. Will have to try elsewhere tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭JPA

When is this offer over?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

When is this offer over?

I think it ends on the 20th of may... It is still featured in the current edition of the price news magazine up to the 20th may

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My local in Ballyfermot is usually quite bad for beers but went up last night and holy was it full!! Got myself a lovely selection! I'm so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

anyone tried Bishops Finger and Spitfire? They are on offer in Lidl now for around the €1.30 mark.

Also picked up some Vratislav in tesco, 5% 500ml bottles, nice lager, 99c... It's cheaper here than Tesco in the UK...for once!

Only tried a few Berers of the world, but the two top ones for me are Erdinger Dunkel and the banana bread beer...great great beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Bishops finger and spitfire are nice ales and a bargain at the price.
    Most of the shepherd neames are good.
    I've just stocked up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Poor selection in Killiney/Ballybrack shop, though someone might have been in and got a full tray of the O'Hara's IPA just before me. Will have to try DL instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

cojomo2 wrote: »
    anyone tried Bishops Finger and Spitfire? They are on offer in Lidl now for around the €1.30 mark.

Also picked up some Vratislav in tesco, 5% 500ml bottles, nice lager, 99c... It's cheaper here than Tesco in the UK...for once!

Only tried a few Berers of the world, but the two top ones for me are Erdinger Dunkel and the banana bread beer...great great beers.

I like Bishop's Finger, a strong bitter with lovely caramel/toffee after taste. I think the Spitfire in contrast is too bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

tesco clearwater have a full selection, which is about a third of a whole aisle but not where the usual craft section is, thats how i missed them the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

couldn't have more than one of the banana bread beer but the double chocolate stout is lovely!

No Goose Island though in dundrum or I would have bought a box or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Bought these beers in tullamore
    Erdinger (Krstal), Think think much, very fizzy 5/10
    Erdinger (Weissbrau) ,Lovely and smooth 8/10
    Youngs Double Choc Stout, even the miss's liked this 7/10
    Belfast black stout, the nicest stout I've had in a while 9/10
    Wells Bananna Bread Beer, nice beer with the finishing taste of bananna 7/10

Looking forward to the next batch, any recommendations

I have a few more to rate if you guys are interested
    Porter House Wrasslers Stout 7/10 strong and heavy,wouldn't drink more than 2 in one session
    Porter House Oyster Stout 8/10 lighter than previous, could easily drink 5 of these guys
    Porter House Hop Head Ale 6/10 a nit "meh" for me, it's no O'Hara's
    Fruli Strawberry Beer 6/10 nice, a bit alchopopy for me, try it once

I have a few more to rate if you guys are interested
    Porter House Wrasslers Stout 7/10 strong and heavy,wouldn't drink more than 2 in one session
    Porter House Oyster Stout 8/10 lighter than previous, could easily drink 5 of these guys
    Porter House Hop Head Ale 6/10 a nit "meh" for me, it's no O'Hara's
    Fruli Strawberry Beer 6/10 nice, a bit alchopopy for me, try it once

And people just be aware that these ARE NOT part of the 5 for €10.00 deal (as I got caught out already) - instead they are €1.50 each - though perfectly placed to catch you out between shelves of the world beers on offer - grr Tesco !!!

And people just be aware that these ARE NOT part of the 5 for €10.00 deal (as I got caught out already) - instead they are €1.50 each - though perfectly placed to catch you out between shelves of the world beers on offer - grr Tesco !!!
    €1.50 x 5 = 7.50, struggling to understand how that cost you more than 10

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Moonraker is lovely. One of the nicest ones I've had!

€1.50 x 5 = 7.50, struggling to understand how that cost you more than 10

They are not part of the 5 for €10.00 - IT'S A HEADS UP to other BA people ! (See the title of the Thread)

I never said 5 of them would cost you more than 10 euro, merely to warn other readers not to do what I did and take 4 Schneider Weiss and 1 Wrassler and therefore paid full price for the Schneider at 2.79 a bottle, and not get the offer of 5 for €10.00 !

• Advertisement

They are not part of the 5 for €10.00 - IT'S A HEADS UP to other BA people !

I never said 5 of them would cost you more than 10 euro, merely to warn other readers not to do what I did and take 4 Schneider Weiss and 1 Wrassler and therefore paid full price for the Schneider at 2.79 a bottle, and not get the offer of 5 for €10.00 !
    yeah i get your point, sorry my bad

Advertisement