Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - world beers - any 5 for €10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is my favourite hoegaarden in this I wonder?

Will have to check out after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

noodler wrote: »
    Is my favourite hoegaarden in this I wonder?

Will have to check out after work.

you might have to wait till tomorrow...after work..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

stimpson wrote: »
    Probably not to Budweiser drinker :D

The beer snobs have arrived :D:D :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Probably not to a Budweiser drinker :D
    sol and corona are so nice you have to serve them really cold and jam a bunch of lemon and lime in them. :p

vicwatson wrote: »
    The beer snobs have arrived :D:D :pac::pac:
    well we should be in this thread shouldn't we, after all its a bargain alert about snobby beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There are some great offers in Tesco now to be fair on their world beer section and it appears they are actively trying to offer something different to the usual case of this and case of that for half nothing.

Heck I can now buy some of my own products in Tesco cheaper than what I can buy them off myself for. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Beer Baron wrote: »
    There are some great offers in Tesco now to be fair on their world beer section and it appears they are actively trying to offer something different to the usual case of this and case of that for half nothing.

Heck I can now buy some of my own products in Tesco cheaper than what I can buy them off myself for. :rolleyes:

That made my head hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ntlbell wrote: »
    you might have to wait till tomorrow...after work..

Cryptic...

noodler wrote: »
    Cryptic...

it starts tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

The banana bread beer is very nice and the chocolate stout too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

O'Hara's IPA is great, definitely going to pick up a few bottles of that, and Directors bitter, I have to try that, it is the drink of choice for Alan Partridge after all. Lovely stuff OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Just in Tullamore and they are stacking the shelves.A lot of the porter house beers are included also sierra nevada pale ale, leann folain, wells bombardier (2 types) Greene King IPA, Clotworthy Dobbin and others from Whitewater brewery and shipyard brewery beers from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,488 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lads I'm anxious to try as many of these beers as I can :D, I've not a clue what it recommended. Rather than buy a bottle of each and probably get 50% duds could people post me what they recommend as their top 5 to try, much appreciated. Or should I try all and make up my own mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Without seeing the full list, Greene King, Any Sierra Nevada Ales and Hop Head by porterhouse are must tries, although the Porterhouse stuff is only €1.89 a bottle in O Briens at regular price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Looks like a good offer but are tesco increasing their range for this promotion:confused:, there are 3 shops near me, (wilton,douglas,mahon) and they have a fairly small range, of the beers pictured they only have 1 in stock!

definetly not 40 different beers, whats happening:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

just checked out their website and their are very few beers listed, must be an instore only for the full range

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Directors bitter, I have to try that, it is the drink of choice for Alan Partridge after all. Lovely stuff OP!

Don't forget the Baileys chaser!

"Ladyboys!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Baltica is €1 (or €1.50) per 500ml bottle in Carryout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

bladebrew wrote: »
    Looks like a good offer but are tesco increasing their range for this promotion:confused:, there are 3 shops near me, (wilton,douglas,mahon) and they have a fairly small range, of the beers pictured they only have 1 in stock!

Yep. They had only Erdinger in the tesco in Phibsborough this evening. Really hate Tesco off licence to be honest. They don't even have fridges any more, just stacks of boxes of commercial swill lager. You can get 5 bottles of different beers in Sweeneys in Phibsborough any time

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

The Bottles in Tullamore were not stacked in the usual Ales / World beers section. I have a feeling they may be using this as a trial run to maybe increase their range of world beers by stocking the most popular ones after the promotion has ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

had lots in paul st cork today, all the belfast range and o haras etc. Nice to get a sample of everything at 2 euro a bottle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

You should have gone to specsavers, I was in Douglas last night and they had the shelves fully stocked with the new range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

Any idea if Paulaner is included on this? My fav beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

ntlbell wrote: »
    fptosca wrote: »
    Franziskaner is €1.79 per bottle in Tesco and it's one of the best beers I have ever tried.

it's a nice drop.

i prefer to wait for lidl they often do a box for 20e

thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eyes opened for that offer

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Mahon Point fully stocked practically half the beer aisle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Don't forget the Baileys chaser!

"Ladyboys!"

and don't you be forgetting the gin & tonic!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Yittisay

The O'Haras beers are v good, but the regular stout and red ale sell for €1.79 normal price anyway so obviously leave them out of the deal.

I picked up the 6% stout (superb, nicest bottled/canned stout by far I've tasted) and the 5.2% Pale Ale, i think that's a cracker.

They also have 4.3% Curim beer which is v nice but at 2.85 tis pricey but worth getting sample on this deal.

has anyone got a full list of what's on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks OP!

- Its just a bit of a sickener that these beers are so ridiculously overpriced at the usual retail prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yittisay wrote: »
    I picked up the 6% stout (superb, nicest bottled/canned stout by far I've tasted)
    Is that the Leann Folláin? Delicious beer and great value at 5 for €10.

I see in the ad that they have Well's Banana Bread beer too, that could be a good one to try for people who want to try something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

laros wrote: »
    The Bottles in Tullamore were not stacked in the usual Ales / World beers section. I have a feeling they may be using this as a trial run to maybe increase their range of world beers by stocking the most popular ones after the promotion has ended.

Yep, that is most likely what they're doing alright. It's a common enough tactic in grocery selling, and in particular in a segment like beer where the margins are very small compared to regular grocery products due to the heavy and constant promotional offers between the supermarkets. The margins on World Beers are significantly higher, but the products have a much slower rate of sale. Assume this is an attempt to broaden Irish palettes a little further than Heineken, Budweiser and Carlsberg (8.5 out of every 10 pints sold in the on-trade!).

Suits me perfectly as I'm a self-confessed beer snob! :) Now to stock up on Duvel!

Advertisement