Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - world beers - any 5 for €10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

muchacho wrote: »
    Wells Banana Bread Beer is quite possibly the nicest beer i've ever had!

It's tasty stuff alright but couldn't see myself drinking more than just the one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I had another few bottles last night and thought I'd report back.

The Young's Double Chocolate Stout is lovely, very drinkable, not to heavy.
    Theakston Old Peculier is a cracker, I'd highly recommend giving it a try.
    Wychwood Ginger Beard I didn't like at all which was unusual as I like ginger beers.
    Still the nicest one I had yet is the Erdinger Dunkel, I'm off to Tesco later to clean them out of it.

If anyone is humming and hahing about trying a few, buy them you won't be disappointed and there well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked up 2 bottles of Wells Banana Bread Beer and 1 bottle of Erdinger Dunkel, Erdinger Kristal and Clotworthy Dobbin.

Was gonna pick up a bottle of Young's Double Chocolate Stout, but not a fan of Stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

Basq wrote: »
    Picked up 2 bottles of Wells Banana Bread Beer and 1 bottle of Erdinger Dunkel, Erdinger Kristal and Clotworthy Dobbin.

Was gonna pick up a bottle of Young's Double Chocolate Stout, but not a fan of Stout.
    It's not your average heavy stout, goes down quite easy and a must to try. The temptation of variety in this deal has given me 2 hangovers for work...looking forward to this deal ending before I get sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

Practically nothing available at 2 city centre Tescos today (Fleet St and Jervis st)

I find the idea of the double Chocolate stout intriguing and want to try (soon!)

Any idea of any normal CC off licence or shop where i might find a bottle or 2 to sample?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

most O Briens do youngs stout as does Whelans offie, an alternative would be brooklyn choc stout but is €3.20 or so a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Say that 3 times really fast :D:D

vicwatson wrote: »
    Say that 3 times really fast :D:D
    After drinking all 5 bottles, it's even tougher! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Any sightings of the 500ml Asahi's in Dublin?

Stillorgan has a very good range of beers on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,315 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fidelis wrote: »

In Tesco Merrion at lunch. Seemed to be plenty of Asahi.

I drink Erdinger in pubs regularly enough - but can anyone tell me how the types on offer compare to the standard variation? Or is one of them the standard variation?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    In Tesco Merrion at lunch. Seemed to be plenty of Asahi.
    I was in there last week, but only saw the 4 x 330ml packs for €6.99. Back I go! Thanks.

I was in there last week, but only saw the 4 x 330ml packs for €6.99. Back I go! Thanks.

Well the deal only started yesterday right?

I was literally in there 30 mins ago though and there is a World Beers stand in their off-licence section.

Unless I am going crazy there was loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

tried copperhead the other night, thought it was like a bad dream to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Just been down to Tesco Crescent in Limerick and picked up Banana Bread Beer, Young Double Chocolate, Asahi, Badger Tangle Foot and Shipyard IPA.

They didnt scan at the tenner deal but instead the full €13.06 so got double difference refund. :D

Think it may have been the Shipyard that caused the deal not to scan as its only €1.50 anyway.

Well the deal only started yesterday right?

I was literally in there 30 mins ago though and there is a World Beers stand in their off-licence section.

Unless I am going crazy there was loads.

I don't doubt you! :) I've just never seen the 500ml bottles for sale anywhere. I've only ever seen Dundrum, Merrion Centre, and Stillorgan stock the 4 x 330ml packs of Asahi. I was in Stillorgan and Dundrum yesterday, and all I could find was the 330ml packs, which weren't even included in the promotion.

I don't doubt you! :) I've just never seen the 500ml bottles for sale anywhere. I've only ever seen the 4 x 330ml packs of Asahi in Dundrum, Merrion Centre, and Stillorgan. I was in Stillorgan and Dundrum yesterday, and all I could find was the 330ml packs, which weren't even included in the promotion.

Okay then , I cannot swear they were 500ml bottles but it was a World Beers stand (one side of it anyway) and its the 500ml ones in the deal so its probably a safe bet.

Also, they were singles (not in packs of four) which is another good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The Asahi I picked up today in Crescent Limerick is a 500ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭RayCon

Got myself some :

Arcobräu Weissbier Hell - its got hell in the title - METAL !!!! ... (sssshhuusssh , dont tell anyone , I think it means "light") ;)
    Erdinger Krystal,
    Erdinger Dunkel,
    Banana Bread Beer,
    Schneider Weisse Tap 7,
    Wrasslers XXXX Stout,
    Shipyard IPA

Long weekend and quality beers .... epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Looks like they've got the full range in Tesco Artane - at least 30 anyway.
    Picked up an assortment of ten, nice start to the bank holiday!
    Ta to the OP for the heads up.

(Slight pedantry - they're not really world beers. I'd say over half are English or Irish, there's a couple of Lithuanian ones, Turkish Efes, and the German ones. Asahi and Tiger are probably the only two that aren't European, unless there's a few American ones I missed. "Decent beers" might have been a more apt promotion title :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Forgot I took a few pics, show most of the range.

• Advertisement

Wanted to try both the Asahi and Green King IPA, but neither were in the Sligo store last night..

.. although that is a mindf*ck of a store in terms of layout. Most of the beers were one side of the aisle, a load more on the opposite side and then some more further down the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

Dundrum has loads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I went into Tesco in Ennis today, they have some beers, not a great selection, I picked up some Hobgobblin, Honey Dew, Bishop's Finger and 2 others (can't remember now), also picked up 6 pack of Bud Light (for Mrs. Clareman, honest) and 2 crates of Bud, that should see me through May for the pricely total of €42.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

clearwater didnt have many, nothing of the new beers anyway, london pride and o haras were all i got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

adamski8 wrote: »
    clearwater didnt have many, nothing of the new beers anyway, london pride and o haras were all i got

likewise for tesco ballybrack - i was pretty disappointed when i got there as i was expecting a good selection

Just to confirm 100% - I got the 500ml Ahari in Merrion.

I bought:

Erdinger (Plain)
    Erdinger (Dunkel)
    Erdinger( Krystal)
    Kromerback
    Asahi

Just tried Erdinger Krystal and have to say I could take it or leave it.

It is remarkably smooth and had almost a hint of banana but being clear it seems to lose alot of the Erdinger taster. Much closer to a traditional larger.

That being said, am half way through a bottle am not getting the usual "cloudy mind" that I'd usually get from the original stuff which is a nice change.

Got some Asahi in Merrion after all. They had some Brazilian beer called Palma Louca. Has anyone tried that? They've also got some 6-packs of Samuel Adams, and Coopers for €8 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Just to confirm 100% - I got the 500ml Ahari in Merrion.

I bought:

Erdinger (Plain)
    Erdinger (Dunkel)
    Erdinger( Krystal)
    Kromerback
    Asahi

Just tried Erdinger Krystal and have to say I could take it or leave it.

It is remarkably smooth and had almost a hint of banana but being clear it seems to lose alot of the Erdinger taster. Much closer to a traditional larger.

That being said, am half way through a bottle am not getting the usual "cloudy mind" that I'd usually get from the original stuff which is a nice change.

Hehehe....p1sshead......Just drinking a bottle of hobgoblin ruby beer. Not sure about it, has a tast of stout about it, smooth though. Had a couple of the Erdingers above....lovely ;)

O'haras next. I didn't see and Kromerback in Nutgrove Tesco. Might try dundrum tomorrow. Enjoying trying these different beers I have to say. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Awful selection in Tesco's carlow. ended up getting :

Wells banana bread beer
    svyturys ekstra premium lager
    erdinger dunkel
    whitewater copperhead
    efes pilsner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Went to Tesco in Youghal. Absolute sh1te as usual. Maybe 6 beers.

Advertisement