Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - world beers - any 5 for €10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

If being a "beer snob" means refusing to drink tasteless yellow fizz, then I will proudly wear that badge.

I'm generally not a fan of Tesco but must admit that this is a very good promotion.

I haven't tried all of the beers on the offer but of those that I have, my favourites would be:

- Goose Island IPA (exceptional value at 1.50 a bottle)
    - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (ditto)
    - Porterhouse Hop Head
    - Porterhouse Wrasslers XXX stout
    - O'Hara's Pale Ale
    - O'Hara's Leann Follain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Add Clothworthy Dobbin to that, tried it last night and had a lovely taste.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Add Clotworthy Dobbin to that, tried it last night and had a lovely taste.

Cheers. I haven't tried it yet, but will pick up a bottle or two while this deal is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

If being a "beer snob" means refusing to drink tasteless yellow fizz, then I will proudly wear that badge.

I'm generally not a fan of Tesco but must admit that this is a very good promotion.

I haven't tried all of the beers on the offer but of those that I have, my favourites would be:

- Porterhouse Hop Head
    - O'Hara's Pale Ale
    - O'Hara's Leann Follain.

Excuse me but where do you get this for €1.50 a bottle!! Tesco!?

Never seen it for less than €2.10 a bottle anywhere, most place €2.50!

leggit wrote: »
    Excuse me but where do you get this for €1.50 a bottle!! Tesco!?

Never seen it for less than €2.10 a bottle anywhere, most place €2.50!

Yep, it's part of this here promotion. Tesco have it, plus some other American beers, and the Porterhouse bottles, on sale for €1.50. There's also a wide range of 500ml bottles (mostly English and Irish ales) at 5 for a tenner, and six-packs of Sam Adams for €8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

No sign of Goose Island or Sierra Nevada in Wilton or Mahon Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Yep, it's part of this here promotion. Tesco have it, plus some other American beers, and the Porterhouse bottles, on sale for €1.50. There's also a wide range of 500ml bottles (mostly English and Irish ales) at 5 for a tenner, and six-packs of Sam Adams for €8

Great stuff, I'll be buying a box of these if I can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I was just at my local Tesco (Naas) and the selection of world beers and craft beers is identical to that of last week (Fullers, O'Haras, Hobgoblin, Speckled Hen etc) - although they were 5 for a tenner. So either the offer was very successful, or they didn't get a delivery, or they didn't stock the shelves. I managed to pick up some O'Haras Pale Ale and Leann Follain so it's not the end of the world, but given it's supposed to be Ireland's largest Tesco it was a little disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

No sign of Goose Island or Sierra Nevada in Wilton or Mahon Point.

Same for Tesco Ardkeen in Waterford. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Girlfriend said the Sligo store was stocked full.. no idea of specifics.

Will pay a visit before weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Basq wrote: »
    Girlfriend said .. no idea of specifics.

my ol doll wouldn't know the difference between dutch gold and o'haras......full shelf of carling is a world beer sale to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Paid a trip to Tesco Dun Laoghaire today to stock up on SV & Goose Island at 1.50 a bottle. No sign of either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Note, the reason O'Haras regular stout and ale don't appear is that they seem to be cheaper at €1.79 a bottle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    I was just at my local Tesco (Naas) and the selection of world beers and craft beers is identical to that of last week (Fullers, O'Haras, Hobgoblin, Speckled Hen etc) - although they were 5 for a tenner. So either the offer was very successful, or they didn't get a delivery, or they didn't stock the shelves. I managed to pick up some O'Haras Pale Ale and Leann Follain so it's not the end of the world, but given it's supposed to be Ireland's largest Tesco it was a little disappointing.

I asked a fella that was doing the stock in the beer aisle and he said he was to get all the world beers last night but non of it came in. He said he was ringing head office today to see where they are as he wanted some himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cheers, picked up some in Tesco Roscommon, was basically O' Haras, Erdinger and large bottles of Tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    I asked a fella that was doing the stock in the beer aisle and he said he was to get all the world beers last night but non of it came in. He said he was ringing head office today to see where they are as he wanted some himself.

That's encouraging! Will swing by tomorrow, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Is the Asahi a 500ml bottle I wonder? It's nice and fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

thanks for letting me know mahon and douglas have it lads, i didnt realise they were getting so much stock in just the promotion, runs till the 22nd of May i believe,

I went to douglas today after work and nearly fell over when i saw the range, fair play to tesco i say:)

i panic bought a few:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Is the Asahi a 500ml bottle I wonder? It's nice and fresh

Yup its 500ml, im drinking one right now, its nice stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Tesco in Bloomfields Dun laoghaire has Erdinger Kristal in the deal picked up a

case today for alittle over 25 euro, a bargain and the nicest of all the Erdinger range IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

big selection in Wexford - seperate from usual O'Hara's area - got belfast balck stout, youngs double chocolate stout, harvest pale ale, bombadier burningh gold ale and an o'haras. lots of porterhouse stuff and some weiss beer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I went to Tesco in the Square today. They didn't have any Asahi, which I kind of wanted, but they had lots of other stuff. Plenty of other beers not mentioned/included on the flier posted above, but which were included in the 5 for 10 euro. There was one there (Baltijos) which was listed as 5 euro a bottle (!) and they're in the deal too, which is potentially a tenner for 25 euro worth of beer. -I'm drinking one now, and it's pretty darn good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

- Porterhouse Hop Head

These along with most (if not all) of the Porterhouse range are available in Celbridge for €1.50 per bottle ..... decisions, deecisions .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I popped in to Tesco Douglas and got 10 different beers, mainly ales and some stout. I was like a kid when I got home, lining them up in the kitchen to show the missus...she did not share my excitement however :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I popped in to Tesco Douglas and got 10 different beers, mainly ales and some stout. I was like a kid when I got home, lining them up in the kitchen to show the missus...she did not share my excitement however :D

They rarely do, thankfully my missus loves a good stout :D

of the ones I got I'm dying to try Wells Banana Bread Beer, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Clotworthy Dobbin and O'Hara's Leann Folláin and O'Hara's Pale Ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

Any beer snobs try any Pliny beers? Probably the best beers I've ever tasted, but a tad expensive. As for this Tesco lot, I'd say the Young's Double Choc or Wells' Banana Bread are a must to try, regardless of your preference of alcohol

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I might get some Krombacher in, great beer and you get a good head off it in a pint glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭muchacho

Wells Banana Bread Beer is quite possibly the nicest beer i've ever had!

• Advertisement

I might get some Krombacher in, great beer and you get a good head off it in a pint glass.

don't Aldi/Lidl often have it in stock?

Advertisement