Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

wut? :confused:

He just likes to use big words to seem cool brah

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

That's just stupid selling the tickets this early :eek::eek: Why would you buy tickets to something when you don't even know who's performing?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Simon Cowell wants Mel B to become a permanent judge

Nicole Scherzinger has signed up to join the judging panel on the new series of The X Factor.
    The singer will join Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos on the talent show in a reported £750,000 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ah jaysus.

Well, she'd better pull her socks up after her desperate stint as a judge on the US show.

And cut out the bawling.

• Advertisement

Well at least it's not Geri. Hope she's not like she was on the US version though.

They're changing the over 25 group to over 28s.
    link

Bet there's someone who is really good but is about 26/27 and they're going to give the overs to Louis again.

lizt wrote: »
    They're changing the over 25 group to over 28s.
    link

Bet there's someone who is really good but is about 26/27 and they're going to give the overs to Louis again.

Surely Lulu cant get the oldies again this year

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Surely Lulu cant get the oldies again this year

They will give him whichever category is the worst, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Predictions:

Gary - Groups
    Tulisa - Boys
    Nicole - Girls
    Louis - Over 28's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'd be disappointed if Louis didn't get the Over 28's group again! I do feel sorry for him but he always puts through acts that everyone thinks are crap, and he turns them into the underdogs that everyone wants to get behind (Jedward, Wagner, Kitty). He has a great eye for these acts, and I think X Factor would be so dull without them! So I'll be happy to get behind Team Louis if he has the Overs this year :D

I'd be disappointed if Louis didn't get the Over 28's group again! I do feel sorry for him but he always puts through acts that everyone thinks are crap, and he turns them into the underdogs that everyone wants to get behind (Jedward, Wagner, Kitty). He has a great eye for these acts, and I think X Factor would be so dull without them! So I'll be happy to get behind Team Louis if he has the Overs this year :D

I miss Wagner.

And I hate how every year people complain that he puts through the joke acts. I'd rather watch a joke act than most of the contestants that have been on over the years.

does anyone know the start date?

It doesn't say anything on the Wiki page about the start date but it's usually around the 3rd weekend in August. Only a month to go!

It doesn't say anything on the Wiki page about the start date but it's usually around the 3rd weekend in August. Only a month to go!

Woo! Goodbye social life on saturday and sunday nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Predictions:

Gary - Groups
    Tulisa - Boys
    Nicole - Girls
    Louis - Over 28's

Think Nicole will get groups and Gary girls myself.

But I wouldn't be shocked to see a twist of some sort wrt categories to raise interest

I'd like to see the categories canned and each judge getting one boy, girl, oldie and group

I'd like to see the categories canned and each judge getting one boy, girl, oldie and group

I was thinking exactly along those lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Well you'd still have to divide them into separate boy, girl, oldie and group categories before you split them between the judges. So you'd still have the categories, just used in a different way :p

Loads of acts from last year back this year including Jade Richards and Melanie McCabe

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a394505/x-factor-jade-richards-sian-phillips-among-returning-acts.html

• Advertisement

^^^ Ouch for Matt Cardle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

Judges categories from 98fm website. Can't link so just copied the text.
    The XFactor judges have been told what categories they’ll be mentoring on the show and Gary Barlow for one if not very happy. He’s gotten the Over’s category and Simon Cowell called him directly to break the news.
    Louis has the Groups, Tulisa has the Girls and new judge Nicole Scherzinger has the boys.
    Even though Gary/s wife Dawn is due to give birth to their 4th child this week, he’ll record the Judge’s Houses part of the show in Spain with Robbie Williams flying out to help him decide who to put through. Tulisa will being her girls to the Caribbean !
    [/B][/B]

1st time doing this, so sorry if its a mess, I just wanted to make sure it was covered for those who dont want to know yet.

Excellent!

Even though I said I'd like Louis to get the Overs again, I'm glad to see him back to what he does best. Also mwahaha Gary!

Is this actually true ye reckon? Like how reliable is it. I've heard rumours of judges and categories in previous years which turned out to be very false in the end. I guess we can only wait and see

^^^ Ouch for Matt Cardle!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2181134/Shayne-Ward-blasts-pathetic-X-Factor-hes-left-promo-new-series.html

Shayne Ward has come forward to blast the show that made him famous after they left him off a promo for the upcoming series.
    The advert for the next series of The X Factor features appearances from success stories on the show including One Direction, Olly Murs, Little Mix and JLS, as well as ex-winners Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke.
    But after being snubbed by the series, Shayne took to Twitter to express his disappointment.
    He tweeted: 'Just seen the new Xfactor promo video.

'Yet again it's like im being erased slowly from their history.Pathetic really Would love to know why?'
    After receiving supportive messages from some of his 170,000 followers, Shayne later tweeted: 'Thank you to everyone who tweeted me nice messages.It just would've been nice to have been acknowledged.
    'It was a big part of my life.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2181134/Shayne-Ward-blasts-pathetic-X-Factor-hes-left-promo-new-series.html

Shayne Ward has come forward to blast the show that made him famous after they left him off a promo for the upcoming series.
    The advert for the next series of The X Factor features appearances from success stories on the show including One Direction, Olly Murs, Little Mix and JLS, as well as ex-winners Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke.
    But after being snubbed by the series, Shayne took to Twitter to express his disappointment.
    He tweeted: 'Just seen the new Xfactor promo video.

'Yet again it's like im being erased slowly from their history.Pathetic really Would love to know why?'
    After receiving supportive messages from some of his 170,000 followers, Shayne later tweeted: 'Thank you to everyone who tweeted me nice messages.It just would've been nice to have been acknowledged.
    'It was a big part of my life.'

Surprised Steve Brookstein hasn't had a similar rant yet :pac:

It must really be a kick in the teeth though. Shayne Ward has had a relatively successful career. The people shown in the ad those who have followed the X Factor mould to a T. Must be hard for Joe McElderry to see the person he beat on that ad.

Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke's success seems to have fizzled out imo and Little Minx are just beginning

Little Mix new single Wings

I actually kind of like Little Mix's new single :o

I know Shayne Ward had a relatively successful career but he's not doing anything now!

The people on the ad are the most successful acts to come out of the X factor (along with the reigning champions).

I kind of understand why he's complaining but it's not like they featured all the winners except him.

Joe McElderry left a message on Twitter that many fans believed related to the video, writing: "I'm just gonna keep doing my thing :D #thatisall #loveforthemassive."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

when is this actually starting?

Advertisement