Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Who do you want/think will be on the judging panel ?

Who's looking forward to it starting back ?

Do you think it will be a fail this year ? Ratings dropped a lot last year and with the voice uk after starting it looks like they are up against a bit of competition ... :rolleyes:

Tulisa, Gary and Louis will definitely be back. I hope Kelly isn't but tbh it seems likely that she'll be brought back..

The only thing I'm really looking forward to is Tulisa getting back on our screens, I'm not too excited about XF, but that's probably because of The Voice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Think they'll look elsewhere for a 4th judge if no luck I suppose they'll fall back on Kelly. Expect a change in format or such to attempt to boost ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,052 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gary, Louis and Tulisa will be back they have signed new contracts

Kelly seems a no no and rumours seem to have Danni Minogue (yes Simon wants to be close to her again) and Katy Perry and Estelle are favs to take over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

OMG like I cant wait for it. That and the return of the Fair City omnibus. Bliss :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Kellys not coming back - she confirmed it today

leahyl wrote: »
    Kellys not coming back - she confirmed it today

So thankful for that. Tbh I'd say she got door, made no connection with public and just came across as generally unlikeable. This "she left" is a cover up I feel. Will be twice as good without her.

Wonder who'll replace her. In fairness they can't be as bad. Think katy Perry is a frontrunner but it wouldn't suit her imo. Will be interesting.

As I say expect many changes in format and stuff to ensure a boost in ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Dannii Minogue instead of Kelly seems to be this seasons only change.

Wasn't a fan of Dannii, tended to be a bit annoying but much rather have her there in place of Rowland. She will seem a lot less annoying now that we've had to endure Kelly and even Alexandra Burke.com in last series!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

D1stant wrote: »
    OMG like I cant wait for it. That and the return of the Fair City omnibus. Bliss :D
    Won't be watching it's been utter shyte for the past few years with last yr just being the biggest load of rubbish on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭comeback_kid

what annoys me most is how they feign astonishment at the strangled cats which come before them , those oddballs went through three non recorded rounds prior to thier tv audition

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I used to watch it every year mainly because the wife watches it and the x factor thread on here can be a great laugh but I can't say i will this year.

It's more fixed then wrestling. When your aware of it after a while all you see is how obvious it is.

How so many people buy into it is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I watched about two full seasons of it when Simon was on it. Last year I only watched about a handful of the shows. I didn't think most of the acts were that good. I don't think I'm going to bother with it this year.

Lulu Walsh is back again :)

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/celebrities/2012/05/06/katy-perry-to-be-fourth-x-factor-judge-102039-23849486/

Pop sensation Katy Perry is to be the fourth X Factor judge after a work clash ruled out Dannii Minogue.
    The I Kissed A Girl singer impressed boss Simon Cowell, 52, when she ­appeared as guest judge two years ago.
    Now Katy, 27, is about to replace Kelly Rowland, 31, and is said to be delighted about joining the hit ITV1 Saturday night show.
    Katy has few work commitments for the coming year after her plans to have a baby were dashed by the collapse of her 14-month marriage to comedian Russell Brand, 36. She is also keen to take a break from America to ­escape the spotlight around their divorce.
    The X Factor is ­finalising the deal. A show insider said: “Simon and the ­producers are really keen to get Katy, she was excellent last time. Advanced talks are taking place.” Dannii, 40, who has just broken up with boyfriend Kris Smith, 33, was top of the list to replace Kelly.
    But mum-of-one Dannii, rocked by her romance with Cowell being made public, is a judge on Australia’s Got Talent which clashes with X Factor. Judges Gary Barlow, 41, Louis Walsh, 59, and Tulisa Contostavlos, 23, are all returning to X Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

That's a pity, was really hoping Dannii would be back :( She has been the best judge to ever be on the panel IMO. Definitely not looking forward to Gary being back :mad:

Ah...I'll still watch it though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Danni Minogue would hardly return to the show after her and Simons romantic past :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2146109/Dannii-Minogue-snubs-1million-offer-return-X-Factor.html

Looks like they can't find a fourth judge. This series is going to be some mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^ Thought Katy Perry was confirmed as the fourth judge, but the end of that article says that she's just a guest judge. What's the point of that? :confused:

^ Thought Katy Perry was confirmed as the fourth judge, but the end of that article says that she's just a guest judge. What's the point of that? :confused:

Unless it's going to be like the series where Dannii was pregnant and there will be a series of guest judges until the live shows?

Rod Stewart might be guest judging

Also Kian Egan, Estelle and Leann Rimes are apparently all in the running to be a guest judge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

lizt wrote: »

Also Kian Egan, Estelle and Leann Rimes are apparently all in the running to be a guest judge.

Kian?! Oh FFS we've had enough of him on the voice of Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Personally I think the judging panel stinks at the moment.

I think Dani is really boring and doesn't bring much to the show. Hope shes not back.
    Would LOVE if Katy Perry was the new judge. She comes across fun, lively and entertaining, would be great to have her on it :)

They are going to need to bring someone big on as the Voice is currently walking all over it at the moment.

The US one looks good, be interesting to see how Britney comes across

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    I think Dani is really boring and doesn't bring much to the show. Hope shes not back.

Well, by the sounds of it she's not. I didn't mind her, though I always find her triangular nostrils off putting.

lizt wrote: »

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel goes the show that X Factor UK has lost it momentum if they cant find a judge by now

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh dear...

"Geri Halliwell drafted in as an emergency guest judge on X Factor as bosses fail to find Kelly Rowland replacement"

Oh dear...

"Geri Halliwell drafted in as an emergency guest judge on X Factor as bosses fail to find Kelly Rowland replacement"

Mel C (Sporty) would be a good full time judge I think, she can sing and after all Spice Girls did have huge success worldwide and she had a decent solo career as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I wont watch X Factor if Kian Egan is one of the judges. He did a piss poor job on the voice :mad: And he did a bad job of managing Wonderland.

They have to be REALLY desperate if they're getting Geri back. She was universally panned by the critics and the audience.

mikeym wrote: »
    I wont watch X Factor if Kian Egan is one of the judges. He did a piss poor job on the voice :mad: And he did a bad job of managing Wonderland.
    Didn't see him on The Voice but he wouldn't put me off watching it.

Geri Halliwell, on the other hand, would. Not only do I not particularly like her as it is, but when she guest judged before she was so incredibly dreadful.

• Advertisement

What's wrong with 3 judges?? They've used 3 plenty before. Halliwell adds zero and is frankly useless.

Advertisement