Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Jets Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

great win . poor first half performance were second best through out , anything other then a win against Tennessee next sunday would be a disaster , fitzatrick having a great season ,decker was probably the only bright spark as far as receivers go today , could do with a colts win tonight but highly unlikely in my opinion

Marshall was outstanding. A number of brilliant catches in tight coverage, along with a couple of tough catches on poor throws.
    While not a receiver, it was great to see Powell put up close to 100 yards in catches too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

In Exile wrote: »
    Marshall was outstanding. A number of brilliant catches in tight coverage, along with a couple of tough catches on poor throws.
    While not a receiver, it was great to see Powell put up close to 100 yards in catches too

sorry forgot marshall was outstanding also , ivory's number was up all day fitzpatrick nearly matched him for yards on the ground things were so bad cant imagine they went close to 100 yards rushing?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

sorry forgot marshall was outstanding also , ivory's number was up all day fitzpatrick nearly matched him for yards on the ground things were so bad cant imagine they went close to 100 yards rushing?

Powell had 91 yards receiving and a score, with 17 yards rushing. Ivory had 47 yards rushing and a fumble, with another 22 yards receiving.

Tennessee at home really is key. It's the easiest game left on the schedule by a distance and would put us in a strong position before running into NE and the Bills.

The other hope is that Was win tonight and the Cowboys have packed it in by the time we go to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Some game yesterday (thank god for Game Pass!); Really thought we were going to bottle it in OT after we got the field goal. Not a bad performance when you think about the injuries we were carrying again. Powell really showed up and must be putting Ivory under serious pressure now (especially with Ivory soon to be looking for a fresh contract too). Skrine and Pryor, whilst not faultless, really are great to watch imo.

Also beardless-Fitz is definitely a better Fitz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

It was actually crazy at times how we kept ourselves in that game

- The Nicks catch on the 1 yard line when the Giants had to settle for a field goal
    - The Eli int on the 2 yard line
    - Fitz playing brilliant despite being pressured on half of his drop backs
    - Ivory becoming a fumble machine - Clearly they trusted Powell more after the cough up

The Steelers and Chiefs don't have the easiest schedule left, they will drop games I feel.
    We should hope the Texans win the AFC South as we have the tie breaker over the Colts.
    The Raiders & Fins are done now which means there is a good chance it comes down to the Bills & Jets on Week 17 for the last Wildcard spot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I reckon the Chiefs are there, it's an easy run in with perhaps the game against the unpredictable Ravens they might slip up. But I'd definitely expect them to be 3-1 at least. They also have the head-to head on us (Steelers) for their advantage in that matchup.

I think it's a race between the Bills, Jets and Steelers for the other spot. I have the Jets down as winning the first two and losing the last two...is that enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

dfx- wrote: »
    I reckon the Chiefs are there, it's an easy run in with perhaps the game against the unpredictable Ravens they might slip up. But I'd definitely expect them to be 3-1 at least. They also have the head-to head on us (Steelers) for their advantage in that matchup.

I think it's a race between the Bills, Jets and Steelers for the other spot. I have the Jets down as winning the first two and losing the last two...is that enough...

Yeah I reckon the Chiefs are definitely there, I'd expect them to go 3-1 or even 4-0 over the last four games. If I'm being optimistic the Jets could go 3-1 but knowing this team they could just as easily go 1-3, neither of these would surprise me to be honest. And even if they do manage to go 3-1 they'd still need the Steelers to lose two games, I know they've still got to play two good defenses against the Bengals and Broncos but their offense is on fire right now! I dont think nine wins will get any team in though!

This week in Calvin Pryor hits!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/_A8fJMSxiB/

phatkev wrote: »
    This week in Calvin Pryor hits!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/_A8fJMSxiB/

Would love to see another angle of that, it looks as though Pryor covers a lot of ground to make the hit and would be interesting to see if OBJ was juggling the ball still or if he had it secured until Pryor smashed him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Pryor has been a nice suprise this season after struggling so much in coverage as a Rookie - His pass breakup blitz on the weekend was lovely to watch. I like that he has a bit of swagger about him, yet seems intelligent enough not to detriment the year. How is everyone's grades so far for the team

OPOY
    1. B Marsh
    2. Fitzmagic
    3. Ivory

DPOY
    1. Mo (of course)
    2. David Harris
    3. Marcus Williams

Rookie
    - Has to be Leonard Williams but Mauldin has came on lots in recent weeks

GOATS
    Joint - Demario Davis & our Special Team's Coordinator - Both damaging the team more than helping.
    Closely followed by Cromartie

theres a better angle of the hit here, Pryor gets his hand in to dislodge the ball!

Also did anybody see Sheldon's hit on OBJ

EDIT-here it is!
    https://twitter.com/FantasyFluke/status/673722862994243584

theres a better angle of the hit here, Pryor gets his hand in to dislodge the ball!

Also did anybody see Sheldon's hit on OBJ

EDIT-here it is!
    https://twitter.com/FantasyFluke/status/673722862994243584

That's the one! Great effort to not only get across and hit but to get up between his hands, great play. Can't imagine what it feels like to take a hit from Sheldon...

Beat Tennessee and it will be clearer again next week

Not a bad first half at all!

We'll probably need two more:

@ Dallas
    New England
    @ Buffalo

It ain't easy from here unfortunately. If we don't win next week we won't make it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We'll probably need two more:

@ Dallas
    New England
    @ Buffalo

It ain't easy from here unfortunately. If we don't win next week we won't make it imo.

I hope two wins will be enough but at the moment it is hard to see either the Chiefs or Steelers dropping a game.

Probably be relying on Johnny Manziel to do something magical and upset one of the two.

They will drop a game somewhere. 10 wins will get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Great last 2 wins. Watched the giants game in a Chicago bar where it was wall to wall Bears!

You could see the game changing as they were never far enough ahead and as soon as Marshall got that TD the tide turned. Hugely enjoyable!

Three wins on the trot is best all season and confidence is high. Huge game saturday night.

Another notch in the Win column, but my God was it an ugly one! I feel like I say this every week but this is one of the worst special teams I have ever witnessed!! The O-line was beat like a drum by a 4 man rush all night and offensive penalties were also an issue. But a wins a win and it keeps the pressure on the other teams vying for a playoff spot. Also this is their first winning season sense 2010, which is nice

• Advertisement

Well now. Beat New England and it might be enough. It was ugly last night but grinding out such games is what you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Kicker should be fired. 4 points left behind. Simply no excuse for missing them.

Highly enjoyable win with bar full of Cowboys fans:D

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Kicker should be fired.

whole special teams should be fired!!

terrible night of results for the Jets. i think our best chance now is to win the last two against the Pats and Bills, hope the Broncos lose to the Bengals next week and the Cheifs to win the rest of their games (CLE and OAK)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

terrible night of results for the Jets. i think our best chance now is to win the last two against the Pats and Bills, hope the Broncos lose to the Bengals next week and the Cheifs to win the rest of their games (CLE and OAK)

dont think there will be too much between jets and the pats at the medowlads next week , the jets will go close in that one , i do expect oakland to push kansas all the way in the last but with both chiefs and steelers with such an easy run in it is hard to see any way through now after tonight , tip of the hat to tod bowles though, we could still finish the season 11-5 and finish out side the play offs but great progress made and very optimistic future ahead for the jets next season .

nobody would have sniffed at a 9-7 season back in September either

Was the worst performance in a few weeks but stumbled over the line in the end anyway... Not really getting any luck with the other results lately but that's out of our control. Beat the Pats next week and that's all we can do.

dont know if anybody on here saw this but 6 weeks ago Brandon Marshall posted this picture on Instagram
    Screen%20shot%202015-12-23%20at%2000.31.39.png

Today the Jets signed Joe Anderson. Might not be the biggest story but its nice to see a good news story come out of Gotham

I know the Pro Bowl is more of popularity contest than genuine talent, but Mo Wilkerson was just voted to his first one. Brilliant to see him finally get the recognition he deserves, It would be tragic to see Macc and Bowles let him walk in the offseason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Well, well. Big bad Pats coming up. Win, and I think they're in the post season.

Nollaig Shona everyone!

Advertisement