Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hey ladies, just popping in while mymunchkin is munching, hope everyone is doing well. I'm breastfeeding too, tis tough going, I only feel like I'm getting somewhere a week in. I was told babies are naturally more alert at night. trying to wake them is tricky, I'm finding tickling the back of his neck works or dab face with cotton wool and water.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Well finaly we can call it a day. James was born at 2.45 in the morning after a really hard birth. 10 pound even. He mud fat with short little legs. Was worth every pain of the last nine month.
    Thanks for your company ladies. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Congrats Mel. That was a long labour - how you are doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

mel1 wrote: »
    Well finaly we can call it a day. James was born at 2.45 in the morning after a really hard birth. 10 pound even. He mud fat with short little legs. Was worth every pain of the last nine month.
    Thanks for your company ladies. Xx

Aw congratulations Mel he is beautiful. He certainly made u work for it! Worth it now I'm sure.

Bf mamas I've had a very tough road with it, difficult latching then cluster feeding and a growth spurt nearly killed me! then to make it worse he lost weight last week so now I have to express and substitute formula as well as Brest Feed every 3 hours plus any In between feeds he wants so its non stop and relentless! He is a night feeder too but mainly from 8-11 I cosleep with him and he sleeps for up to 5 hours which makes it bearable. Good news is his weight is back up and well over what was hoped for so we are on the right track and its getting easier. Everyone says stick with it until 6 weeks this will be forgotten! I'm seeing a lactation consultant on Friday and hopefully we will resolve the cause of all the probs which I think is a supply issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Wohooo so happy for you mel , ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

scrgirl wrote: »
    Aw congratulations Mel he is beautiful. He certainly made u work for it! Worth it now I'm sure.

Bf mamas I've had a very tough road with it, difficult latching then cluster feeding and a growth spurt nearly killed me! then to make it worse he lost weight last week so now I have to express and substitute formula as well as Brest Feed every 3 hours plus any In between feeds he wants so its non stop and relentless! He is a night feeder too but mainly from 8-11 I cosleep with him and he sleeps for up to 5 hours which makes it bearable. Good news is his weight is back up and well over what was hoped for so we are on the right track and its getting easier. Everyone says stick with it until 6 weeks this will be forgotten! I'm seeing a lactation consultant on Friday and hopefully we will resolve the cause of all the probs which I think is a supply issue.

It is not easy:(
    It is normal that they loose weight in the 1st week but sometimes they loose too much,my 1st did and was given formula in the hospital on the 3rd day.
    It definitely gets easier at 6 weeks I was giving a bottle at bedtime and feeding them myself during the day for the rest.I only lasted until 3 and 4 months with my 1st two despite hoing to last a year:)
    Remember to look after yourself too and do not stress yourself out over it.

Gona miss talking to yas all everyday ;( so happy for us all with our lil bumdles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Been meaning to write in here but am still in the midst of family staying with us hell!
    I miss this thread lots! I hope all you ladies are doing good with your little ones! I will update that list as soon as I can sit at the computer without family member hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Oh Mel1! hes beautiful! Congratulations!!

So how is everyone's little babas? I can't believe Miles was a month old yesterday!! It's going so fast! I still haven't managed to figure out how to get dressed before lunchtime or how to actually make time for lunch! I seem to be permanently feeding or pumping no time for anything else. I'd love to go to a breastfeeding support group but they are all on at 10am and honestly I cannot get organised in time. I've tried! Just as I was about to leave he wanted to feed so I was back on the sofa for another hour! Has anyone gone to meetings? Or for second time mums when did ye get out and about before the afternoon?

• Advertisement

So how is everyone's little babas? I can't believe Miles was a month old yesterday!! It's going so fast! I still haven't managed to figure out how to get dressed before lunchtime or how to actually make time for lunch! I seem to be permanently feeding or pumping no time for anything else. I'd love to go to a breastfeeding support group but they are all on at 10am and honestly I cannot get organised in time. I've tried! Just as I was about to leave he wanted to feed so I was back on the sofa for another hour! Has anyone gone to meetings? Or for second time mums when did ye get out and about before the afternoon?

A month, NO WAY!

My little man is only 4 days old! Oh my he has stolen my heart!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

enjoy it as much as you can,once you have more then one the whole relaxing and sleeping when they are sleeping is gone unless there is a very small gap.
    I miss sleep!!
    I am in love with my little man,he is lovely and cuddely and the 4 year old adores him and the nearly 2 year old is protective of him but not too interested!

Well I'm back in hospital...got out of the shower this morning and fresh blood poured down my legs (tmi?). Cleaned myself up and about half an hour later soaked a pad, sat on the toilet and blood poured out of me for 5 or 6 minutes. Scared the bejaysus outta me! This was all after getting severe contraction like pains since last night.

On IV antibiotics now, they think it might be an infection but should know better tmrw. Anything like this ever happen to anyone? (Not looking for medical advice. Have already sought it!)

Piper101 wrote: »
    Well I'm back in hospital...got out of the shower this morning and fresh blood poured down my legs (tmi?). Cleaned myself up and about half an hour later soaked a pad, sat on the toilet and blood poured out of me for 5 or 6 minutes. Scared the bejaysus outta me! This was all after getting severe contraction like pains since last night.

On IV antibiotics now, they think it might be an infection but should know better tmrw. Anything like this ever happen to anyone? (Not looking for medical advice. Have already sought it!)

Oh my god piper that's awful. You poor thing. I have no experience or advice for u just wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully u will be home by the time you read this xx

Piper how are you doing now?

Anyone else really miss being pregnant?

In a weird way yes sometimes! Can't wait to go again!! I miss all ye girls on this thread too :(

no,I hate being pregnant but thinking another is not the worst idea!!
    i dreaded giving birth it was straightforward but just as bad as i expected so was thinking no i have enough but now maybe one more but not yet:)
    I love children:)I also love sleep!

yea missing the girl chat too. Did everyone migrate to a different thread?

Dont suppose too many have any time to be here any more.

Little man 1 month on tuesday, time flying. Had a great night last night, went to bed at 11.30 stayed asleep till 4.45, had feed back to bed and up at 8.45. if that continues im on the pigs back.

hope ye are all doing well!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lola15

Hello ladies,
    Hope you dont mind me joining in! I am looking for advise and basically just somewhere to talk as it is only my hubby and I that know what we are going through! We have not told our family and friends at all about ttc as its just to hard.
    I have just confirmed today that we are starting our ICSI in Galway. I have made an appointment to meet with the nurse next week for the talk. I am sooo excited that its finally about to begin,
    We have been ttc for about 7 years now. Alot of things have happened over the past number of years that have ment we have had to put things on hold but finally it is staring again.
    This will be our first time to do ICSI, My DH has had a test biopsy so they were happy with the sperm they retrived from this. Fingers crossed we are lucky!!!
    I would love to hear all your stories and perhaps you can let me know whats involved, how long the process takes etc..
    Looking forward to speaking with you all xxxx

• Advertisement

Hi Lola! Delighted for you 😊 congratulations! Unfortunately you're in the wrong thread, we've all had our babies 😊 if there isn't a due 2013 thread yet why don't you start one? Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Am I allowed to post in here still?! Hope everyone is doing well, isnt time flying by?! My lil man is great, had problems with wind, we've moved him to comfort milk. Looking into childcare at moment, it's an eye opener, have no idea how were going to afford it, slightly freaking out.

How are you all doing?

I miss this thread!! We are doing good, little man nearly out of3-6 month clothing!! He's long and skinny!! He's a guzzler as well :) I think he's beginning to teeth so have.been having some sleepless nights lately. We are fortunate my OH's cousin.is a childminder and will mind him for a good price but even with that it will.be pricey....I'm definitely worried about.finances going back to work! Ah well, guess that's all part and parcel.of it!! when do you go back funk?

How is everyone else?? Was thinking this week, it was this time last year our little ones were conceived!

Hi Rach and FunkSoul, all going great here too, one seriously cute little fella! Sleeping great, wakes for feed around 5am but only awake for a few mins, I hardly open my eyes! And then up around 9. Getting the little rascal down to sleep is another story though! He seems to know when bedtime is approaching and gets a bit hyper despite bath massage gentle music etc and then gets himself overtierd and has a good cry, wakes about 4 times in the first hour/2 before settling at last, bedtimes are the longest part of my day! Start trying to wind him down around 6 and if lucky he is asleep for the night by 9! Its hit and miss totally some nights the massage works a treat and he falls asleep during his last feed, if not its capers! How are your LO at getting down?

hi girls,
    All well here too.
    have an appointment for crumlin hosp to get a scan done cause one of his testicles dissappered. he def did have both when he was first checked by peads and health nurse, then one just dissappered. Nothing to worry about.

Other than that all is well. He is a joyfull addition to our home, the girls adore him. no jelousy issues! Hes big though, hes four months old on tuesday had to start solids early as he was always on top of bottel, and is already in 6m clothes. Sleeping great, 10.30 pm till 8.30am.

Hope everyone is having a great time with there new bundles of joy.

God Bless!

hi girls,
    All well here too.
    have an appointment for crumlin hosp to get a scan done cause one of his testicles dissappered. he def did have both when he was first checked by peads and health nurse, then one just dissappered. Nothing to worry about.

Other than that all is well. He is a joyfull addition to our home, the girls adore him. no jelousy issues! Hes big though, hes four months old on tuesday had to start solids early as he was always on top of bottel, and is already in 6m clothes. Sleeping great, 10.30 pm till 8.30am.

God

He be fine hun, my lil bro had that ;)

Whats your secret my lil man is still waking at night im walking round like a zombie

Hes on solids aswell since 3mths can not feed him enough, hes also in 6-9mths and the other day my hubster dressed him in size 12mth cardi and it fit him, people dont believe me when i say hes 4 months ;)

Whats your babas neck like, my lil mans is still a bit floppy docs m midwife are keeping a close eye, but im really worried about it ;(

jeni wrote: »
    hi girls,
    All well here too.

God

He be fine hun, my lil bro had that ;)

Whats your secret my lil man is still waking at night im walking round like a zombie

Hes on solids aswell since 3mths can not feed him enough, hes also in 6-9mths and the other day my hubster dressed him in size 12mth cardi and it fit him, people dont believe me when i say hes 4 months ;)

Whats your babas neck like, my lil mans is still a bit floppy docs m midwife are keeping a close eye, but im really worried about it ;(

Hi jeni,
    no secret, he just started sleeping since i started feeding solids. wont get to cocky to soon as it could change anyday.
    Does ur fella have a big head, my friends baby has quite a large head compared to his body, doc says its not a huge problem but it does cause him issues with holding hes head up for long periods yet! My lad has no problems with it, hes flyin around in a walker at the minute (i know, i know,..wag the finger, he not supposed to be in a walker) :eek: but he loves it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sleeping Beauty

Hi ladies :) back here for the first time since baba arrived Dec 16th. Hope all are well :))))))):)

Hi ladies :) back here for the first time since baba arrived Dec 16th. Hope all are well :))))))):)

Hiya! How's your babs? My little boy is getting big, he's already crawling, pulling up on everything and covered in bruises haha!

• Advertisement

Rachineire wrote: »
    Hiya! How's your babs? My little boy is getting big, he's already crawling, pulling up on everything and covered in bruises haha!

my lad hasn't even made an attempt to crawl yet, he hates tummy time. he has an awful dose at the min. barking and high fever.

is everyone well?

Advertisement