Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Congrats Rach, that's great news and a lovely name!! Sounds like you went yourself, or it must have been the fastest induction I ever heard of!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Rachineire wrote: »
    Sebastian Bryan James was born at 7:20 this morning coming in at a whopping 8.9 lbs. Whew I'm beat!

Wohoooooo ;) congrats hun xxx

Ah big congrats!! Lovely name too. You finally got there!

Gosh I'm feeling the pressure now, had some cramping last night but it wasn't painful then me and hubby dtd this morning and had some blood in discharge after, is this my show??

Its your bloody show hun ive ben getting that since sat, im getting pains since six this morning but they arnt at regular times coooommmme onnnnm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

That sounds like bloody show...means baby is on the way!! Got my show a little on Tuesday, woke up at half 8 Wednesday morning with some crampy pains, went to the bathroom, more show! Had pains all morning, went away in the early evening. Came back at half 9 stronger and went into hospital at midnight. Baby born at 7:20 :D no need for induction...he said ok I'm ready NOW! So happy I went naturally.
    Will write proper story in birth stories thread....did it with no epidural...they placed line twice but it never worked!

Totally exhausted, but head over heels in love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

was very surprised to know i have only gained 12 pound during full pregnancy, would have said it was way more.
    Any idea what the rest of ye gained?

GP wont do sweep. Disapointed with that.

• Advertisement

mel1 wrote: »
    was very surprised to know i have only gained 12 pound during full pregnancy, would have said it was way more.

wow. I gained way more, almost 19 kg - think that is about 40 pound? Lost 10 kg by now five days after delivery.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I normally only put on the weight of the baby too despite all the junk food but put it on during maternity leave.
    Think I have put on about 2 stone this time .

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Rachineire, so delighted for you! Well done :) had noticed that you were looking lonely in the list in the middle of all those new babies. My favourite boys name too!

Last time a weighed myself (too scared at this point) I was up at 3 stone. A bit freaky for someone who was a size 6/8 pre pregnancy. Fingers crossed its water weight :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

I put on 3 stone carried a lot of fluid in last month 1.5 stone is off already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got a letter from the hospital with my next appointment for the 8th of Jan!!
    I nearly cried lol

There is no way this baby will not be here by then or I will have a nervous breakdown and my house will probably fall down around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Congrats Rach, delighted for you. Enjoy every second. Fine sized boy and lovely name.

Moonbeam, keep the faith, you know yourself that you will get there and probably before the 8th. It is a ****ty time waiting for the big event at the end, but you'll have your beautiful baby in your arms before long. Best of luck.

Was wondering, is anybody else from the Dec group planning on breast feeding? I am, and am wondering if there is a few that will be heading to the BF forum after this?

CeNedra wrote: »
    Congrats Rach, delighted for you. Enjoy every second. Fine sized boy and lovely name.

Moonbeam, keep the faith, you know yourself that you will get there and probably before the 8th. It is a ****ty time waiting for the big event at the end, but you'll have your beautiful baby in your arms before long. Best of luck.

Was wondering, is anybody else from the Dec group planning on breast feeding? I am, and am wondering if there is a few that will be heading to the BF forum after this?

I am and am active on the breast feeding forum already!! It's not easy and my LO is finding it hard to latch on so I'm finding it very challenging at times. I am also on a group on Facebook called breast feeding mums in Dublin and it is a brilliant support.

Yep! I'm (fingers crossed) planning on breastfeeding...thanks scrgirl that's good to know about your weight loss, gives me a bit of hope :)

Ah girls im in shock, baby luke was born today at 3.50, weighing a massive 8lbs, he is perfect, chubby checkers with dimples ;)

jeni wrote: »
    Ah girls im in shock, baby luke was born today at 3.50, weighing a massive 8lbs, he is perfect, chubby checkers with dimples ;)
    Aww congrats:-)

Aww congrats:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Hey all, i had a little boy on the 19th at 17.34, weighing 6lbs 11 oz. Home inall, both of us doing well. Thrilled is not the word. :D

Ah girls I'm in shock, baby luke was born today at 3.50, weighing a massive 8lbs, he is perfect, chubby checkers with dimples ;)
    Princessa wrote: »
    Hey all, i had a little boy on the 19th at 17.34, weighing 6lbs 11 oz. Home inall, both of us doing well. Thrilled is not the word. :D

Congrats to you both.

Lord ill shortly be here all by my self, starting to feel a bit lonely now almost all have their babies.

Your not on your own moonbeam, i have an appointment for 2nd Jan. no sign of any movement as yet anyway.

Far as the weight go, its prob because i was over weight to start with, was 13 stone, am now 13 stone 12 pound. The morning sickness prob didn't help and haven't had a huge appetite at all.

Rachineire wrote: »
    Irishrose1981 2nd- Born 19/11/12 Boy!
    Sipe- 7th- Born 15/12/12 Boy!
    mapaco 10th
    Scrgirl 14th- Born 09/12/12 Boy!
    Highflyer- Born 14/12/12 Boy!
    Rachineire 15th- Boy Born 20/12/12 Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    Scrubber72- ??- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    CeNedra 18th- Born 13/12/12 Girl!
    TeresaM- Dec 20th born 14/12/12 Boy!
    Xiwang 21st- Born 15/12/12 Boy!
    Funksoulsista 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th Born 21/12/12 Boy!
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) - Born 19/12/12 Boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Congrats to all the new mammies! It's so tough so far but I love it!
    Moonbeam I really hope you go before the 8th....make it a Stephens day baby! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Two more mammies, big congrats guys!! I'm still hanging in there, no movement, a few twinges this morning after dtd so we'll see.. whats the saying, a watched pot never goes into labour?!! ;-)

Gosh this forum will be going all quiet soon, for those who've graduated thanks for all advice and support, I'd be lost without it.

Congrats Princessa:-)

We have loads of boys :-)

Big congratulations jeni and princessa!! Really baby booming here this weeks! How lovely and amazing we all got here!
    When every one is settled I'd love to hear all the birth stories, will ye be posting yours? Forgive me if I missed someone but so far it seems everyone had a straight forward birth thankfully!
    Also would love to know all the baby names.

Hope the remaining babies show themselves sooner rather than later!

Mel1 its a battle to the death for which one of us goes first!!! ;)

I bet ill still be here in two weeks :rolleyes:

Saw on fb today that a neighbour from home had a baby yest, she was due two weeks after me. Depressed is not the word!

Ps meant to say congratulations too (sorry caught up in my bitterness)...honestly delighted for the two of you, two beautiful Christmas babies :)

Thanks girls, just realised i can walk with my legs closed funniest feeling ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Congrats ladies on the new arrivals, just in time for santa. :D

Ah piper I've give up hope of having it out by Stephens day at this stage. Was so hoping for it before Xmas. Bump had gone real low, was in for go check up she said I was all ready baby was well down. Was in agony Friday night all night and now bump is almost glued to my chin again. Gone right back up under my ribs. Rage.

Anyways hope ye all enjoy Xmas.

• Advertisement

Congratulations to the new mums and their little ones.

Good humour and not a too long waiting period to the remaining bumps. I hope you will not have to wait much longer and hope you will have easy labours and healthy babies when I log in the next time.

Merry Christmas to all of you, it was really good to spend these months with you on here, and I might hear again from a couple of yours in the birth stories thread and the newborn forum. Take care girls! xxx

Advertisement