Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Congrats Sipe, pretty quick moving event for you, glad all is okay.

Had in-laws over today and I now feel full of baby talk, between talk of sweeps (whether they work), inductions (how can be more painful!), what date would the baby arrive, whats going to happen at Christmas etc. Feel a bit mentally drained from it all.

Discovered sneaky stretch marks on my side too! Here's me lashing on the bio oil on belly and ignoring anywhere else, darn it!

Does anyone feel bad about having their baby near Christmas? I feel for the poor baby having its birthday so close to Christmas, might be forgotten easily by family, friends?

oh I know how you feel about stretch marks...I actually look like a sideways zebra. and they start from half way around my sides and wrap all the way around and now are nearly to my bra line. Its awful. they were just around my belly button for the longest time and this last month have exploded. I dont even look too closely at my stomach or i would just cry. I know that i am really susceptible to them as i got them a lot during puberty and whenever I would lose weight I would get some! but thankfully they have always turned white and aren't too noticeable. I can tell these will do the same...plan on trying to buy some of that bepanthen stretch mark cream for after baby is born to see if that helps it fade any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Wow congratulations Sipe, wonderful news. Our labour sounds pretty similar I went from 2 to 8 in about an hour too.. Fairly intense but at least quick!! As the time passes the memory fades you will be happy to hear! Day 3 there is a hormone crash but then everything gets a lot easier and now it's a magical heavenly babymoon! enjoy every second of it! Oh if baby isn't sleeping at night download womb sounds or play on you tube they are magic. .. Calm my baby down instantly!

off to the hospital this morning for my consultant appointment! wish me luck that i get an induction date....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Best of luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Rachineire wrote: »
    off to the hospital this morning for my consultant appointment! wish me luck that i get an induction date....:(

Rach - I have EVERYTHING crossed for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Best of luck Rachineire. Just so you are not too disappointed,they wouldnt give me an induction date until i was a week overdue when i was pregnant on my first. Just so you are a little prepared if you walk out of there with no date. But we are all thinking positive for you, we know how awful it is to be overdue and the staff just dont seem to understand what its like to be soooo uncomfortable, given a due date and then told ah you can go 10-14 days over it. Its feels like 10-14 years you have been "sentenced" too =)

Thanks for all the good wishes ladies...woot woot got a date!!

spent the morning in there...only one consultant working and it was sooo busy. waited nearly 3 hours just to see the consultant, was nearly cracking up by that point! she gave me a sweep and said that the could bring me in on Thursday...might go before then but if not there is a light at the end of the tunnel :D

also spotting after the sweep (TMI, sorry!) but delighted, hopefully that will spur this baby on...although i have my doubts she said his head was fairly high...which is so frustrating because up until week 37-38 his head was engaged.

Also I got a package from home...and fruit jellys. Much better day than yesterday.

Great news!! You will be home for Christmas for sure now. So exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Thanks for all the good wishes ladies...woot woot got a date!!

spent the morning in there...only one consultant working and it was sooo busy. waited nearly 3 hours just to see the consultant, was nearly cracking up by that point! she gave me a sweep and said that the could bring me in on Thursday...might go before then but if not there is a light at the end of the tunnel :D

also spotting after the sweep (TMI, sorry!) but delighted, hopefully that will spur this baby on...although i have my doubts she said his head was fairly high...which is so frustrating because up until week 37-38 his head was engaged.

Also I got a package from home...and fruit jellys. Much better day than yesterday.

Great news Rach. Did Your sweep hurt? Happy days.

mel1 wrote: »
    Great news Rach. Did Your sweep hurt? Happy days.

ummmm not really, i mean it was uncomfortable but no worse than a pap smear! have had plenty of bleeding though afterwards...if you have one be prepared for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

ummmm not really, i mean it was uncomfortable but no worse than a pap smear! have had plenty of bleeding though afterwards...if you have one be prepared for that!

How soon after did the bleeding start? Did you have someone with you when you went in? Glad you are sorted now, a woo hoo!!

After a slight panic over too much info yesterday I'm back in the positive mental zone again today!!

How soon after did the bleeding start? Did you have someone with you when you went in? Glad you are sorted now, a woo hoo!!

After a slight panic over too much info yesterday I'm back in the positive mental zone again today!!

hmmm i first noticed it maybe a half hour after the sweep...getting lighter now though. its like the last day of my period would be. lots of pressure and achiness though...hoping it made baby move down! my OH was able to go in with me today...didnt have to work until tonight. Glad he went in with me...i was in bits by the time i got to the consultant and it was nice to have someone hold my hand. for some people its like a family day out... drives me nuts! I was next to a group of people, her mother, husband and child were all there, talking loudly taking up precious seating space. either pick your mom or your husband...sheesh! its crowded enough as is! (okok I'll get off my high horse now! :p)

im glad your feeling better today...it can be overwhelming when someone comes at you with tons of info and advice...sometimes its kinder to be left in the dark and find out things as you go along!
    does it seem like your OH's family will be a little more involved now that you are so close to the due date?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Same here girls, like the last day of my period, had it for a few hours, got my show today again but bigger this time, loadsa aches n pains not bad enough yet come on baba would love a cuddle before crimbo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Rach and Jeni, sounds like the sweeps are doing their jobs!!

The in-laws have all offered to help out where they can, they're great really, just they've all had at least 2 babies each so were chatting away not realising I was sucking all the bad info in!! But I know they mean well and will do whatever they can to help.

Thats ridiculous people having a family gathering at the hospital, sure are there not loads of restrictions now especially with the vomitting bug going around, I know the Rotunda only lets you bring 1 person with you and no kids.

Jeni it sounds like your baby is making progress! you very well might have a baby in your arms soon enough!

yeah i was annoyed about all the people there...they were busier than ever today and only one consultant seeing people...you think seeing how busy it was people might say ok, take little suzie or jonnie outside or upstairs or something...noooo! There were probably 25 toddlers easy. pure chaos. I mean i get it if you have no one to watch your baby, but nearly everyone i saw except one person had another person with them and the child...if not more than one person! I found it so stressful!

I know what you mean about taking in the bad info...ive had several friends have babies in the last 2 months and they have all been telling me what it was like after the baby was born...horror stories all around! and then they throw in there at the end, oh but sure it doesnt matter when you hold baby....cue me looking like this :eek::eek:. I wouldnt repeat the last story i heard on here...it was just too horrific!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have the kids with me because there is no one to look after them,once himself was in the country so came across after work which is near the hospital.
    I take the last appointment of the day for work purposes.
    Back tomorrow,hopefully I have had the baby or they tell me it will be very soon:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have the kids with me because there is no one to look after them,once himself was in the country so came across after work which is near the hospital.
    I take the last appointment of the day for work purposes.
    Back tomorrow,hopefully I have had the baby or they tell me it will be very soon:)

do you think you will go tonight??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I hope I will every night lol
    It would suit me though:)

Im in tomorrow too ladies, the OH is off tomorrow and Nanny is minding the little one.
    We have only taken her to one of the apt, the very first one. We didn't want to explain to anybody why we needed a sitter, as we weren't telling anybody until after the scan.

You are completely right though Rachineire - its stressful out.

The OH is awful at queueing, just awful so i hope i am not waiting three hours to see the consultant but if i have to sit there and wait 5 hours i will! I want to talk about an induction. I know he said oh its better if you go natural and bllllaaaaa but i havent and baby is getting HUGE and my pelvis is in agony.

Wish me luck, you all know how dismissive they can be.

Aaaah Rachineire you will def have your baby for Christmas, sounds like you will too Jeni. How exciting. :D

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I hope I will every night lol
    It would suit me though:)

haha!! i know exactly what you mean...im not sure what it is about nighttime, but i always feel like baby will make his move at night for some reason! Well i hope that baby comes in the next day or two for you so christmas will be sorted for you guys!

I hope i didnt come across as callous or ignorant in what i said about bringing kids....i totally get bringing your baby with you if you have no one to watch him. But its the bringing baby and mom and husband and cousin/sister/friend as well thats gets me...why can't someone take poor baby away or why do you need an entourage to hang out with you in the already way too crowded maternity waiting area? it makes it pure chaos!

• Advertisement

haha!! i know exactly what you mean...im not sure what it is about nighttime, but i always feel like baby will make his move at night for some reason! Well i hope that baby comes in the next day or two for you so christmas will be sorted for you guys!

I hope i didnt come across as callous or ignorant in what i said about bringing kids....i totally get bringing your baby with you if you have no one to watch him. But its the bringing baby and mom and husband and cousin/sister/friend as well thats gets me...why can't someone take poor baby away or why do you need an entourage to hang out with you in the already way too crowded maternity waiting area? it makes it pure chaos!

Ah yeah, thats the way it came across Rachineire, we werent thinking that you thought all these pregnant ladies should leave the babs at home unattended if they have nobody to mind them. Its the entourage that is very annoying. When i was out there at 31 weeks (on crutches) there was people that had hubby, mum and friends there and not ONE person offered me a seat!!

Princessa wrote: »
    Ah yeah, thats the way it came across Rachineire, we werent thinking that you thought all these pregnant ladies should leave the babs at home unattended if they have nobody to mind them. Its the entourage that is very annoying. When i was out there at 31 weeks (on crutches) there was people that had hubby, mum and friends there and not ONE person offered me a seat!!

you were standing there with crutches and no one offered you a seat??!?:eek::mad:

seriously, what the fup is wrong with people? my OH refused to sit down today...stood there three hours in his work shoes! I felt bad for him but i'm glad the seat was there for the women who needed it!

Best of luck on tomorrow appointment...i really hope you get the induction date...just cry! thats what my grand plan was for today...thankfully she didnt take much persuading beyond my flat out NO when she said 10 days. after she agreed to bring me in earlier thats when i cried....out of pure relief like haha!
    I really hope you get a good consultant that listens to you...there is nothing worse when someone treats you like a number.

we know what you meant:) I was just giving an example of the family being there:)
    I do remember men taking seats the last time and pregnant women being left standing or people letting their kids sit down on seats ,actually that annoys me on packed buses too.

Nope, nobody offered me a seat. I was standing for about 20 mins then i got tormented and when a woman and man went in, i dashed for a seat. There was nobody else on crutches or there wasnt a woman more pregnant than me so i felt i was in my rights.

Yeah i think i will just sob my eyes out, im sure they have had plenty of women do that but hopefully he will have some compassion in him coming up to the festive season. Id love to be taken in Fri or something but Mum said if i cant get that try push for after stephens day or something.

I feel a bit unusual today tbh. I have cramps in my tummy but they are nauseous cramps, still having irregular braxton hicks but now my back is super achey. Plus the little one is just r.difficult the last few days, whatever i ask she does the opposite and acts up around me but is good for her dad and nan. :( Sigh.

hmm sounds like there is something stirring there princesa! wouldnt it be great if lots of little babies decided to come out this week in time for christmas?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Good luck to the girls who are due. I had my wee man on friday. Had sweep on the tuesday which started things off. Had very difficult labour to be honest but our bodies are amazing. Was up out of bed three hours later (epidurals failed). And home 2 days after. Feeling better every day.

Congrats high flyer! Enjoy your little man being home!

Congrats highflyer!!

Hey ladies, had my apt today. Turns out i am 2cm dialated and had my show. Booked in for an induction thursday morning but the Doc seems to think he will see me later tonight. Im a bit more skeptical. Either way the little one is staying in Nannys house tonight just incase. But the end is in sight and its great i wont need the prostin gel to be induced as im suitable for ARM already. Sitting on my ball now as i type, water on for a nice bath. Just wait and see if the pains get stronger. Looks like we will be baby buddies rachineire. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Sipe

Congrats highflyer!!! And good luck tonight Princessa! There should be lots of babies this week and out in time for Christmas!

Was let home yesterday eve and its great to be back to my home comforts and some peace. The hospital can be a hive of activity so hard to get proper rest and my own bed!

The little lad has already learned that its party time between 1am and 4am so is really alert... So hoping he'll get past it. And when he sleeps, you can't wake him... Which makes it hard trying to keep him fed...

But it's great. So amazing! OH on Christmas hols from Thurs so will be great to have him around to help out :-)

Good luck everyone. Hopefully we'll have news on everyone left very soon!

Advertisement