Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Thanks Sipe i would like to do it as natural as i can but its good to know that if i cant progress naturally again that the finishing line is thursday and i hope to run out of the place after 2 days. Get my little bundle home for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Wow princesa- sounds like you very well might beat me to the finish line...I'm not in thursday until half 2 at any rate!!

Not much going on here today. I think i lost my mucus plug...had still been spotting all morning. Don't think that means much of anything though as I've had no pains whatsoever. not even back pain. Its really so head wrecking. I know im in thursday for the induction (thank god!) but i would love to have some movement before then as im scared I'll be sent home thursday cause they might be too busy or something. I was warned about that yesterday and then I spoke to someone whose wife was meant to be induced last wednesday and was pushed back until the following saturday as the hospital was so busy. :confused::confused::(

trying really hard not to be sad, but with christmas so close I just want to know that baby will be here and that I will be home!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

:) awww don't be sad, I'm sure everything will be OK, the finishing post is just around the corner. Have decided i want junior to stay put for now for another week or so, so the Christmas wont be disrupted for the girls.

Got a frightful pain downstairs a while ago. Lept off the couch with the fright i got. been a while since i moved so fast, Oh Got a bit of a fright too, terrified it was time. Sittin now with a tin of roses, but these are for me mouth and not me tree. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Aaaargh was getting pains for a good three hours n timed them thinking wohoo itsss tiiiime, alas no theyve stoped ;( thinking of a jog ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Been getting some cramps today. Not really bad but on and off since this morning, feel like period pains. Have some mucus this evening too (tmi).
    OH is away tomorrow night (unavoidable) so now I'm scared baby will decide to come while he's away (would be just my bloody luck).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sounds good girls hopefully we have loads of new babies tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Sipe wrote: »
    Congrats highflyer!!! And good luck tonight Princessa! There should be lots of babies this week and out in time for Christmas!

Was let home yesterday eve and its great to be back to my home comforts and some peace. The hospital can be a hive of activity so hard to get proper rest and my own bed!

The little lad has already learned that its party time between 1am and 4am so is really alert... So hoping he'll get past it. And when he sleeps, you can't wake him... Which makes it hard trying to keep him fed...

But it's great. So amazing! OH on Christmas hols from Thurs so will be great to have him around to help out :-)

Good luck everyone. Hopefully we'll have news on everyone left very soon!

Sounds like we have the same baby!! My guy sleeps all day have real trouble waking him for his feeds, then loves to party/ play / cry for 3 hours in the middle of the night :( Public health nurse weighed him today and he is piling on the weight so nothing to worry about, she thinks we are doing great, so try not to fret, she said all babies are different and once they have plenty of nappies that let him do his thing. Its a roller coaster though! Love being a mammy!!!

Princessa hope you went last night!! and best of Luck Rachinere, tomorrow is looming!!!!

tigerton sounds like you have something going on there alright!! I'm thinking we will definitely have a few babies here by the end of this week!!

moonbeam if you dont have baby in the next day or two I hope they decide to hang in there until stephen's day at the least!

Woke up this morning before 9 with crampy pains...coming every 4-5 minutes so far. Also had my show...think i had a little yesterday, but definitely had it this morning! Called the maternity, they want me to keep an eye on his movement since hes not really moving much at all. Hoping that this leads somewhere, would hate for it to stop after a few hours! Sent my OH to work...hes been working nights this week- which is the shift i hate for him to work the most, its so hard for me to be here on my own at night! but hopefully we will be making our way into maternity this evening! Midwife said I should be having pain like that for 10-12 hours before im in established labour. Wondering if they get worse or closer together, should i call back in?

Also ray darcey was giving out on the radio about the men of limerick maternity, how they need to be standing up and people should be giving out to them if they aren't letting pregnant women have the seats! huzzah!! Shouldnt need to be said though, should be common sense/common courtesy!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

It's all very exciting, sounds like there 'll be a few new babies here soon :)

Didn't hear Ray but he 's so right. I couldn't believe all the men sitting comfortably in the maternity while v heavily pregnant women were standing.

Blueskye wrote: »
    It's all very exciting, sounds like there 'll be a few new babies here soon :)

Didn't hear Ray but he 's so right. I couldn't believe all the men sitting comfortably in the maternity while v heavily pregnant women were standing.

oh yeah its disgraceful alright! Not the last time, but the time before when i was there for clinic there was a group of lads there, his friends must have come to keep him company while he was waiting for his wife/girlfriend/whatever's appointments...all sitting there having great craic! the only thing missing was the cans! Took no notice of the 5 or 6 women heavily pregnant standing there, sighing.

anyways, even if you dont have a bump that doesnt matter! before I had a bump, or a big bump even, I was in bits with my back! It was super hard for me to stand for more than 15 minutes without being in agony! there are so many women with sciatica, spd and back problems even early on in pregnancy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Congratulations to all the new mums and all the best for those waiting for their inductions /contractions!

Took me a while to read up what I missed - my OH's chili kicked in and I had my first contraction at 2:30 on Saturday morning, my little man was born on quarter to midnight the same day (15.12). We came home yesterday and are doing well.

Congrats Xiwang!! guess your OH has the secret recipe there!! :D:D glad all was well and your back home already!

Irishrose1981 2nd- Born 19/11/12 Boy!
    Sipe- 7th- Born 15/12/12 Boy!
    mapaco 10th
    Scrgirl 14th- Born 09/12/12 Boy!
    Highflyer- Born 14/12/12 Boy!
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    Scrubber72- ??- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    CeNedra 18th
    TeresaM- Dec 20th born 14/12/12 Boy!
    Xiwang 21st- Born 15/12/12 Boy!
    Funksoulsista 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) -

havnt heard from mapaco or Cenedra...wonder if anyone else has had their little ones?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

xiwang - congrats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Congrats xiwang! I think a few of us would pay good money for some of that chilli!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

hey Guys,

just out of hospital today...... Was in for 6 days due to a concern with the babs. But all is ok. little Neasa Jane was born Thursday 13th Dec at 8.17 after a mad dash to hospital. I arrived at hospital at 8.10, a porter ran through to delivery with me and she was born 7 mins later. I was certain she was going to be born in the car. it was not fun, not even a puff of gas and air!!!!! My husband almost ran cars off the road trying to get in. it is funny in retrospect, not so much at the time.

the folk in st. Luke's Kilkenny were just fantastic. I was delighted with the care we got but 6 days was a long time and today is a happy day. It is so great having my 3 little ladies together at home.

congrats to all who have had their babies already and best of luck to all who are still to go.

Congrats!! Lots of babies in the last couple of days!

mapaco 10th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    CeNedra 18th- Born 13/12/12 Girl!
    Funksoulsista 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th

I'm betting if mapaco hasn't had her baby by now shes in the hospital...that leaves me looking lonely up there..!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

CeNedra, oh my god, that sounds like quite a shock. Good to hear both of you are well though!
    Congrats xiwang! I think a few of us would pay good money for some of that chilli!!

I don't know what he was thinking, he used two bulbs of garlic, some onions, some dried spices and a full pack of supervalue mixed chilis (9 or 10 in total I think) on 750g of mince - might be a coincidence, but who can say for sure if it was the chili after all? I've been eating fairly spicy throughout the pregnancy though. Mind you, as an afterthought I might not recommend it, when I woke up with the first contraction I thought it was just the chili rioting in my bowels and going to the bathroom was no fun! :o

Congrats to all the new babies Xiwang and cenedra! they are coming in fast now! Looks like most are appearing a little early too :)

• Advertisement

scrgirl wrote: »
    Congrats to all the new babies Xiwang and cenedra! they are coming in fast now! Looks like most are appearing a little early too :)

Haha yes I noticed that too!! I keep getting queue jumped :)

Funny post on roller coaster to help cakvulate due date that girl obs had a lot of time on her hands! http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumThread/141362441/Default.aspx

Best of luck today Rachinere!! So excited for u!!!

Sebastian Bryan James was born at 7:20 this morning coming in at a whopping 8.9 lbs. Whew I'm beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Rachineire wrote: »
    Sebastian Bryan James was born at 7:20 this morning coming in at a whopping 8.9 lbs. Whew I'm beat!

Ah big congrats!! Lovely name too. You finally got there!

Gosh I'm feeling the pressure now, had some cramping last night but it wasn't painful then me and hubby dtd this morning and had some blood in discharge after, is this my show??

Congrats to you all. Sooo many babies this week.

mapaco 10th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy Born 20/12/12 Boy
    CeNedra 18th- Born 13/12/12 Girl!
    Funksoulsista 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th

Did the honers for you Rach!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Huge congrats Rach!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Congratulations :) He made it before Christmas too!! Fantastic news.

OMG!!! When did it all happen??? Did you go into Labour yourself? Congratulations!!! Gorgeous name too! So happy for you Rachineire!

• Advertisement

Congrats Rach :-)

Advertisement