Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Sorry I've been so absent- Congrats to all the new mammies!! I can't believe its near the end of the month already!

Baby Sebastian is only 4 days old but already can't imagine what it would be like without him here! He had his heel prick done today and barely cried and fell back asleep as soon as we had him back in his car seat haha!

Mel, Piper, Moonbeam and Funksoulsista, are you the last ones left?

I really really hope you have your babies in your arms asap! I know how hard the last couple of days of waiting are... I was going mental...and when other people are having their babies and are due AFTER you its a total kick in the teeth!

I have to say, I only used about half of the stuff in my labour bags...things i found super handy though- a travel mug to keep my tea warm...it seems as soon as i got a cup of tea i had to feed baby or change his nappy or something! a travel changing mat...i got mine at tesco for a fiver...we are still using it more than the regular changing mat and it saved my bedsheets from a few nappy explosions! also muslin cloths are pretty much a use all! they are perfect. And I would double the amount of vests and gros that I brought since I had to have my OH bring in a couple each day I was in! I only used one towel, didnt really use much of the clothing i brought besides the big underwear because i changed those at least twice a day. The huge maternity pads from boots are a life saver and I went through two packs in two days since I'm doubling up. (I had a second degree tear so lots of stitches down there...doubling up still as its a good cushion!) (sorry if thats TMI)
    ear plugs are essential but i could only use them when my OH was around since I had to listen out for baby otherwise....an eye mask is great for day naps as well! I hope this helps out the girls waiting to go!

I hope everyone has a fantastic christmas!! Its the best one ever for our little family! I can't wait to hear the rest of everyone's good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Thanks for all the advice rachineire! Officially due tomorrow and have prenatal appt in the morning (of the 27th). The Facebook messages have started, really annoying, just leave me be!!! Especially since most of the people posting haven't seen me my entire pregnancy!

My family as well are looking at me expectantly, baby will come when she's ready! Already my gut is telling me she won't be long past her due date :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Still here too .
    Neither of my girls were this late !
    The impatience :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Oh ladies fingers crossed for you all. Rachineire congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Rach i second the ear plugs big time,
    If you pack noting else just bring ear plugs, the snorers and people talking on the phone at 4in the morning on my ward were out in force, there was only five of us on the ward,

Luke wasnt well for a few days so he was in the icu for a few days to get antibiotics, and get his blood sugar up, i found it hard to sleep with worry, and the above didnt help,

Have to say the nurses in the rotunda are amazing, really wouldnt of been able to cope without them, they were so reasuring and patient with my constant questions about luke, especially they were like the friends that i couldnt have with me because of the no visitors order, there is a limit to the things hubster can do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Any christmas babies ?:)
    Still waiting here :(

Moonbeam wrote: »

Nearly there hun, before you know it youll be holding your lil bundle ;)

Moon bean honestly try the old wives tale in bed if ya get me, i got a show the next day, n then that night i had a really hot curry n was in labour next day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

Congrats to all and especially Rachineire-we got there finally!!

so sorry bout delay-been in shock for the last week i think!

Cathal arrived at 10.50 thurs morning 20th weighing 8lbs-waters went at 11 wed night. epidural, forceps and episiotomy-staff were lovely in labour and prenatal ward-postnatal was a disaster i'm so annoyed-everytime i asked for help latching i was left for at least 2 hours until i eventually just gave in and fed with a bottle-torture to watch the little fella so frustrated and hungry. still trying breastfeeding but his latch is wrong and dont know how to rectify it and no breastfeeding support groups til next week-very upset bout that.

tue night (18th) tried the old horizontal mambo to get things going and had braxton hicks graduating to proper contractions straight after....so definately worth a shot (!) for all the ladies in waiting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Big congrats Mapaco!!

I'm still hanging in there, had a sweep today so will see what happens!! Hope everyone is holding up ok, tis tough when you go over isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

mapaco wrote: »
    Congrats to all and especially Rachineire-we got there finally!!

so sorry bout delay-been in shock for the last week i think!

Cathal arrived at 10.50 thurs morning 20th weighing 8lbs-waters went at 11 wed night. epidural, forceps and episiotomy-staff were lovely in labour and prenatal ward-postnatal was a disaster i'm so annoyed-everytime i asked for help latching i was left for at least 2 hours until i eventually just gave in and fed with a bottle-torture to watch the little fella so frustrated and hungry. still trying breastfeeding but his latch is wrong and dont know how to rectify it and no breastfeeding support groups til next week-very upset bout that.

tue night (18th) tried the old horizontal mambo to get things going and had braxton hicks graduating to proper contractions straight after....so definately worth a shot (!) for all the ladies in waiting!!!!

Firstly congratulations!! Delighted to hear your good news but sorry you are having difficulties. I had the same experience mapco and got a lactation consultant to help with the latch. We were Going crazy for a few days last week. It saved my sanity and our breast feeding relationship. It is possible to get help even over Christmas. The lady we got is gone away thus week so can't give u her number but look up la leche league and they have a list of lac consultants. Also Irish lactation consultants organisation. If you google it you will get numbers. It's impossible to do it without support I feel. Although we are still learning it's much better than it was and at least baby is feeding. I also joined breast feeding mums in Dublin in Facebook and got amazing advice and support over there. There is support out there it's sometimes just very hard to find.

http://www.alcireland.ie/index.php/find-a-lactation-consultant/

Still watching and waiting for the last babies hang in there girls not long now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

mapaco I'm so sorry that you've had such terrible support up to now. Unfortunately its not unusual. Look up laid back breastfeeding on you tube. Feeding lying down is the easiest way to get a good latch. Also scrgirl is spot on by recommending la Leche or Cuidiu. There's definitely help available. Have a look at both links and you should find someone available in your area.

http://www.friendsofbreastfeeding.ie/wp/2011/11/support-in-your-area/

http://www.alcireland.ie/IBLCs.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Congrats Mapaco.

Due today, no stir. :( but all well.

mel1 wrote: »
    Congrats Mapaco.

Due today, no stir. :( but all well.

Same as...very frustrating. Am hormonal mess :(

Officially overdue!!! not sleeping well this week and feeling pretty uncomfortable. Thought things were a-stirring on Stephens day when we went for a walk in Howth but turns out it was a pretty savage stitch lol (wasnt laughing at the time I can tell you)

Going to go for a walk now in a short while and hoping get things moving, would really like to avoid an induction if possible.

Hope the few remaining ladies in waiting are hanging in there and get to meet their LO's soon and hope all those who have their little darlings are getting on great.

Baby dust my way!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

thanks so much girls will def contact lactation cons.
    good luck to ladies in waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Well looks like I'll be getting induced tomorrow even though midwife and consultant said it was highly unlikely I'd last this long. I've tried everything, had a sweep, sex, spicy food, long walks, ball bouncing and nada! Rather uncomfortable, can feel the head right down there. Consultant said I won't need gel tomorrow just ARM.

Hope everyone else is holding up okay, nearly there!

Well looks like I'll be getting induced tomorrow even though midwife and consultant said it was highly unlikely I'd last this long. I've tried everything, had a sweep, sex, spicy food, long walks, ball bouncing and nada! Rather uncomfortable, can feel the head right down there. Consultant said I won't need gel tomorrow just ARM.

Hope everyone else is holding up okay, nearly there!
    Ohh best of luck!!! Good thing about induction is it is quick! Take my advice and get the epi as soon as they do arm. It's more intense than natural. You never know though if they don't need to give the gel you must be 2 cm already so you might still go yourself. 2 shags in 12 hours I've heard!! Best of luck !!!!!!!!

officially over due now too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

officially over due now too :(

Awh i seen your name and thought there was a bit of action. Maybe a new years baby. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

I went nearly 2 weeks over so i know how you feel Moonbeam& piper101. It gets fierce uncomfortable at the end, no sleep, pain on turning in bed, finally getting comfy then realising you need a wee!:rolleyes:. Its funny ,When it comes time to go to the hospital you ll feel your not ready! Hope its not too much longer. I had a sweep 2 days before contractions started. Only for that id be induced. i didn't mind if i had to be induced to be honest. Think of it as a means to an end and the start of a new beginning!

I was so convinced I would go early as my girls were ,once it is healthy :) my big girls birthday is 1st Jan :)

Suucee wrote: »

Awh i seen your name and thought there was a bit of action. Maybe a new years baby. :)

Exactly what i thought ;(

Oh maybe we be seeing your pic in the paper,first babs of 2013 ;)

Luke my lil babs was born on dooms day/shortest day of the year and also his bday is 21-12-12 ;)

Just 1.5 hrs left for the remaining babies to be December babies!! Hope to hear some news soon. If not hope ye have happy new year babies :)

Looks like a 3rd Jan baby for me :-)
    Hopefully soon.
    My big girl is 4 today:-)

Ah girls I feel for the ones going over, it's so head wrecking!! A very happy nee year to all the new mammies and mammies to be! I miss this thread! Having a new born and having my family staying with me and juggling visitors doesn't leave a lot of time for the computer! As much as I love my family here it's driving me.bonkers! LOL

Rachineire wrote: »
    Ah girls I feel for the ones going over, it's so head wrecking!! A very happy nee year to all the new mammies and mammies to be! I miss this thread! Having a new born and having my family staying with me and juggling visitors doesn't leave a lot of time for the computer! As much as I love my family here it's driving me.bonkers! LOL
    I imagine its tough going having guests while trying to negotiate being a new mum. I feel for u Rach :( as much as we love our families there is a reason why we move out and establish our own homes!!
    How's Sebastian? Miles is fab but teaching me everything about newborns rapidly! From latch problems breast feeding to growth spurts and even a touch of colic (infacol works!) but is also great at night and not a screamer so we are blessed really. Hope all the other mamas had a good Xmas x

scrgirl wrote: »
    I imagine its tough going having guests while trying to negotiate being a new mum. I feel for u Rach :( as much as we love our families there is a reason why we move out and establish our own homes!!
    How's Sebastian? Miles is fab but teaching me everything about newborns rapidly! From latch problems breast feeding to growth spurts and even a touch of colic (infacol works!) but is also great at night and not a screamer so we are blessed really. Hope all the other mamas had a good Xmas x

yeah its interesting all right..my mother is here until the 4th, and then my father and stepmother are here from the 4th to the 11th...so im really looking forward to the 12th! :p:p
    Dont get me wrong, i love seeing them and appreciate the help (my OH and my mom are having some sort of passive aggresive who stays up with the baby at night power struggle....and I;m staying well out of it and sleeping while i get the chance haha!) its really hard to figure out what works best for baby seb and get him on a routine!

We have had some wind issues as well- im doing formula though! we are also using infacol...does work great, but i forget to give it to him half the time! do you know much about gripe water? I have some but not sure if i can use it so early! any thoughts on nappies?? I'm going through my stash now...found aldi brillant...so far boots nappies are great as well!

Also he has out grown his first little outfits...im pretty broken up about it. I dont know what to do with them and am in a sort of panic to make sure he gets to wear the rest of his little stuff at least once before he gets too big in it! anyone else having that problem??

Also is anyone else doing the two week check up? my PHN recommended it to me!

Also who is still waiting for thier LO? Moonbeam I'm sure you getting very impatient for baby to make his arrival...now you will all be january birthdays though! Havnt heard from piper for a few days, wonder if she has had baby yet?

Also I can't believe we had our babies the same day mapaco! Birthday twinners! You were due the 10th as well!! you know, my original due date, based on conception date was the 11th...I'm still convinced that was correct and that baby was closer to 10 days over due rather than 5. His skin was so flakey and his head control is great for a newborn! What about your LO?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Still waiting. 😕

• Advertisement

Rach as far as I know gripe water is from one month. Colief was recommended to me aswell haven't needed it yet Tg as infacol seems to be doing the trick. I was wondering about routine too and from what I have read its ok not too worry too much until 6 weeks as they call the shots at first. But it all depends on who u talk to / read friends of mine did the contented little baby at 2 weeks old and swear by it. As I'm bf Miles sets the schedule in our house! I like dr sears attachment parenting approach but that's not for everyone either.

As for clothes have you tags off yet? Change for next size up? Or sell them in adverts and buy next size. I got a little hand knit cardi last week as a gift put Ito on him today and it just about fits. Such a Shame and waste.

I have to say my oh has been amazing, I know some people think men are left out when the mum breastfeeds but he has been so involved and so supportive and does everything around the house for me I have been so lucky to have him at home since miles was born, but tomorrow he is back at work. I'm so sad, it's the end of our babymoon snd reality for me tomorrow. Hope I manage.

Moonbeam and Mel good luck :) who else is left?

Advertisement