Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Glad last night went well Pixie! :)

Thanks Posy!
    I just hope at this stage I don't puke/faint/cry all over the woman!

Also, I effin love lint rollers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Just got a leg wax for the first time in aaaaggggges. Have to admit it was this kind of moment:

:o

But, as always, the results were worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hi everybody,

*hugs* for everybody who's sick or has exams or if you just need a hug. :)

Going to get food now. Then I have to wash myself in a basin, dress myself, pack stuff for going to bf's, do my hair, put make-up on, feed the chipmunk and then leave for the train station.

Going to a 21st with my bf tonight. I'm half looking forward to it and half not looking forward to it at the same time.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Flying home today :D Get to mee my bf for a short while before I fly back tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Avengers was awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

The neighbours are putting on an extension to their house, and usually the builders aren't around at weekends. This morning though, angle grinders were up and running at 9am. Talk about being jolted awake!

That's my first world problem of the day :o

afaik, It's illegal to have any noise like that before 11am....

I remember reading somewhere on here about someone complaining their neighbour was mowing the lawn at like 8am!

I presume its in relation to lighting up hours, you cant honk your horn after 11pm and before 11 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Avengers was awesome!

i cant wait to see it!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Roesy wrote: »
    Feeling sorry for myself. My throat and mouth are so sore. I could cry at the thought of getting up but I have something I can't get out of. Am dreading trying to eat. Even sipping water is very painful. :(
    You poor sausage. Hopefully you can pick something up in the chemist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I had the most horrific night of my life at work last night. Can't really say what happened but it was one of those things where it wasn't til I came home this morning that it all hit me like "Holy crap... Was that a dream?"

Faith in humanity = gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I had the most horrific night of my life at work last night. Can't really say what happened but it was one of those things where it wasn't til I came home this morning that it all hit me like "Holy crap... Was that a dream?"

What do you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Figured id regret staying up late...I've such a bad headache :( took some nurofen. Woke up at like 8:30 with it and didnt want to move. I can't work with a headache, so I'm trying to get rid of it first.

Now im like 3 hours behid on study. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Sar_Bear wrote: »

Hope that you are ok Sar Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

There was crazy noises coming from one of the apartments on our row last night, but the two closest to us are empty!! Kept me awake for ages! OH and the little lady out for a walk now and I'm powering through an assignment... I can beat it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So I think I had a fit last night... Or something like it... It has scared the **** out of me.

I was on the laptop and got this weird feeling in my fingers (it happens often but normally not this bad) and then all of a sudden I could move my mouth and couldn't breathe and started to black out. I could feel everything happen but couldn't do anything. I was just praying for someone to cone into the kitchen and help me. It stopped after a minute or two but I was totally disorientated afterwards and in tears. I just went straight to bed without brushing my teeth, taking off my make up or anything.

I half thought that I might have imagined it last night until I mentioned to my mum this morning who said that shed found my glasses on the floor and other stuff knocked over from where I was sitting.

I am totally freaked out now. My dad things that it might have been to do with me drinking last night. I normally don't drink at all but had 3 Malibu and Whites last night (work do, they kept buying me drinks!). But the drink hadn't really has too much of an effect on me and I have drank similar before just extremely rarely.

This could stop me ever drinking again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

So I think I had a fit last night... Or something like it... It has scared the **** out of me.

I was on the laptop and got this weird feeling in my fingers (it happens often but normally not this bad) and then all of a sudden I could move my mouth and couldn't breathe and started to black out. I could feel everything happen but couldn't do anything. I was just praying for someone to cone into the kitchen and help me. It stopped after a minute or two but I was totally disorientated afterwards and in tears. I just went straight to bed without brushing my teeth, taking off my make up or anything.

I half thought that I might have imagined it last night until I mentioned to my mum this morning who said that shed found my glasses on the floor and other stuff knocked over from where I was sitting.

I am totally freaked out now. My dad things that it might have been to do with me drinking last night. I normally don't drink at all but had 3 Malibu and Whites last night (work do, they kept buying me drinks!). But the drink hadn't really has too much of an effect on me and I have drank similar before just extremely rarely.

This could stop me ever drinking again though!

Go to the doctor and get checked out, even just to rule out anything serious! Sounds like a very scary experience, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

That sounds a bit worrying MCR! I would steer clear of the drink for now and try to get to the doctors and see what they think about it. If it is happening on any sort of regular basis I would try to get seen to soon.

Jeez that sounds so scary MCR. You should probably avoid drink and also go see a doctor just in case. Hopefully it won't happen again. Hope you're okay today. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

So happy I could cry :) boyfriends gone to Dublin to collect my engagement ring :D
    *does happy dance*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thanks guys. I have an appointment with a nurse to get a new prescription so I might bring it up then.

I defo won't be drinking for a while, but like I said I never normally do. I only drank them because I was at a work do and people kept buying them for me! Even then I didn't finish the 3rd

Sorry mcr hope you feel better xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

sarahbro wrote: »
    So happy I could cry :) boyfriends gone to Dublin to collect my engagement ring :D
    *does happy dance*
    Aw I'm so excited for you!!! Have you told anyone yet? :)
    Thanks guys. I have an appointment with a nurse to get a new prescription so I might bring it up then.

I defo won't be drinking for a while, but like I said I never normally do. I only drank them because I was at a work do and people kept buying them for me! Even then I didn't finish the 3rd
    Definetly bring it up to her, better to be safe. And you'll have all us worrying sbout you if you don't x

Boyfriend is in the good books- he came over last night to cheer me up. Spent the night laughing, drinking wine and had mexican for dinner :)
    Then this morning he snuck out while I was asleep to go to the shop and buy me breakfast to bring me in bed. Loves him.

A few people in work know. But it won't be offical til after the 12th. It's my cousins 21st so I don't want to steal her thunder. Hopefully he will ask me soon after though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

SarahBro, that sounds so exciting, congrats :)

Hope you're doing okay MCR, the sooner you figure out what's wrong, the better. Must have been frightening :(

Bubblefett your bf sounds like an absolute sweetheart! Makes me miss mine even more :o

I fell asleep texting my boyfriend last night, but woke up to another text at 4:30am from an unknown number saying "Hey x". The same number had texted me a 1am with the same text. I, still half asleep, replied asking who it was, and they said they probably had the wrong number. Then they texted me again asking who I was, with this face :P.

I then decided it was time to sleep. Slept through my 7:30am alarm, so I haven't even started studying for the day. FML.

Sarahbro awh that is so cool you must be excited

MCR i hope you are ok...it must have been a terrible experience..its enough to put anyone off drink!

Bubblefett that is adorable!

EmilyO i did the same i woke up at 10.30 its now 1.30..ive been on boards all day! NEED TO DO STUDY!!!

half tempted to head back up to dublin tonight or this afternoon but i probably wont head up til the morning though knowing me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Interview is over with. Relieved to have it over with but I don’t think I did great. The more I think about it the more annoyed at myself I get. So disappointed. :(
    Pretty sure all the other applicants have way more experience than me too so it doesn't even matter that I got lovely references from people. Knackered now so I think I’ll go to bed for a while.

Hope you are ok Sar_Bear and MCR. :)

Didn't have time to straighten my hair and I look ridiculous! :eek:

Later peeps, hope everybody is okay. :)

Procrastination 1 - Pixie-Fairy 0

i like this dress and i want it but i dont know if it would be weird with my hair coz im a gingy :o

253131619?$zoomPopup$&hei=467&wid=1149

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

That is so preeeety Pixie-Fairy!
    You should buy it, I'm sure it'll look great with your hair. And if it doesn't work you can gives to me :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »

that is so pretty!!

also in your dreams bubblefett.....i wont return it...i leave it in the wardrobe and just ogle at it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement