Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sar_Bear - Can you ring the Garda station and ask them what it was about? Or even ask them to come back?

It's a horrible situation to be in, you can't ignore it though, because it will catch up with you eventually.

See here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056612690

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Sar did you get reminders in your name or bfs name about a licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I am freezing and the two cats have decided to use the blanket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

LostGirly wrote: »
    I am aghast! I thought you of all people would refrain from calling it the Aviva! Always has and always will be Lansdowne Road :-)

Actually I normally call it the Palindrome, but didn't want to confuse anyone.

A rose by any other name, etc. etc.

Sar_Bear

Your jumping to some mad conclusions there! It takes them ages to send out a summons, I've been living here with no tv for ages and dispite me telling them over and over, them calling around more than once they still send me out reminders that I haven't paid, it takes them a while to go from you not paying to getting a summons, they at least send someone out to you first.

• Advertisement

Just spent ages looking up Guinea Pigs on Google and Youtube, they are so cute.

Seeing/hearing them get all excited about food and being petted, is making me go "awwwwww".

They are unbelievably adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just spent ages looking up Guinea Pigs on Google and Youtube, they are so cute.

Seeing/hearing them get all excited about food and being petted, is making me go "awwwwww".

They are unbelievably adorable!

never been a fan of them tbh, hamsters ftw :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Kiera wrote: »
    Sar did you get reminders in your name or bfs name about a licence?

Yeah, but only in the last few weeks, and we are moving this coming Tuesday, so we were waiting til we moved to see if we could get the money together for one in the new place, after deposit and first months rent is paid.

Orla K wrote: »
    Sar_Bear

Your jumping to some mad conclusions there! It takes them ages to send out a summons, I've been living here with no tv for ages and dispite me telling them over and over, them calling around more than once they still send me out reminders that I haven't paid, it takes them a while to go from you not paying to getting a summons, they at least send someone out to you first.

We've only been getting letters for a few weeks, so we thought we could leave it until we moved.
    Sar_Bear - Can you ring the Garda station and ask them what it was about? Or even ask them to come back?

It's a horrible situation to be in, you can't ignore it though, because it will catch up with you eventually.

See here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056612690

yeah we rang them and asked them, and the guard that answered said he couldn't give any information over the phone, but if the guard wanted to call back he would. Which doesn't ease the stress of wondering why he called :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Then why were the guards just at my door :confused:

The tv licence thing is the only reason I can think of unless somethin really bad has happened :(

Do I ring them and ask them to call back??

We've had the Gardaí call to the door for loads of different reasons.

When my grandad died yeeeeears ago, a Garda came to the door to tell my mother.
    A couple of years ago we had Gardaí calling to ask about someone who lived next-door.
    I was served a summons to appear in court as a witness after having the apartment I was living in broken into (the nicest Garda ever.. he hated having to bring it.. he knew I didn't want to go anywhere near a witness stand.. luckily didn't have to in the end)

None of them involved being in trouble for any reason. So it could be something completely unrelated to anything you've done (or not done).

Ring them and ask. They're usually decent enough people :)

*edit*

Heh, never mind, you've already rang!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Ah sar bear i'm in the same sitch, kinda? i was driving and i *think* i was going over 60 in my mother in laws car while passing a go speed van. so i dunno if the fine will come in her name and can she pass the points onto me cos it was me actually driving... bleh!!

i have to mention i was slowing down but i was going from an 60 to 80 zone but i dont know if i slowed down enough

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Avengers tonight \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

He told me he loved me on Thursday and I havnt stopped smiling since!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Think about it for a while before you do anything.

Don't go mad and get it done on a whim.
    Kiera wrote: »
    Not! Always not!

It's not a whim! My hair is really long and annoying, humph, will think some more :)

There's a fab ball on next Friday night in Galway for GSPCA, black and white & 1940's theme, I so badly want to go but have work the next day...hmmm, must have a think!

We've only been getting letters for a few weeks, so we thought we could leave it until we moved.

Try a few years! Seriously the first person to ring the doorbell was the tv licence inspector, I was actually in the middle of unpacking the boxes because I just moved in! When he said I who he was I just burst out laughing and said I had just moved in, he asked me how long ago and all I could say was about 2 hours ago.

Orla K wrote: »
    Try a few years! Seriously the first person to ring the doorbell was the tv licence inspector, I was actually in the middle of unpacking the boxes because I just moved in! When he said I who he was I just burst out laughing and said I had just moved in, he asked me how long ago and all I could say was about 2 hours ago.

I said that when the licence inspector called, and he said ok forget about it, just try get one in the next 6 weeks, although I new we'd be moved out by then, I didn't tell him that. Then I got a letter saying to get one, then one last week saying that I would be getting a court summons. But that only came last week.

I'm a nervous wreck here, I stress out way to easy and this is killing me not knowing why he called & I've to work tonight and I just wanna go to bed and cry.

(over reaction, I know )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm a nervous wreck here, I stress out way to easy and this is killing me not knowing why he called & I've to work tonight and I just wanna go to bed and cry.

(over reaction, I know )

I'd be exactly the same, hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I said that when the licence inspector called, and he said ok forget about it, just try get one in the next 6 weeks, although I new we'd be moved out by then, I didn't tell him that. Then I got a letter saying to get one, then one last week saying that I would be getting a court summons. But that only came last week.

(over reaction, I know )

could be them looking for a previous tenant too, last know address kind thing, happened my housemates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

(over reaction, I know )

Would it be possible to go into the Garda station and talk to them since they could not tell you anything over the phone? Sometimes in situations like this, its better to know what your facing rather than having all the stress of not knowing what is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

They came after my housemate the other night for a parking ticket he hadn't paid (he'd already got a summons by post and left it unopened). Thats taken 9 months, I sincerely doubt they're any faster about tv licences. So calm down until you know what the story is love :) *hugs*

Apparently someones been spreading it around our hometown that my best friend is pregnant, idiots. Got a call off my Mom to ask me about it, she'd been told by her friend, who had heard it in the shop she works in. Stupid small town mentality....

Other than that, boys. Boys are idiots and they're coming out of the woodwork. The guy from before Christmas that has ignored me since January approached me today, told me I look lovely (I'm in my I-look-like-****-so-I'm-studying mode) and stopped me to talk in the library before a hug goodbye. It just struck me as odd.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

awec wrote: »
    have you got a TV?

It's not about whether or not you have a TV, more so the ability to receive a signal, afaik.

• Advertisement

sillymoo wrote: »
    Would it be possible to go into the Garda station and talk to them since they could not tell you anything over the phone? Sometimes in situations like this, its better to know what your facing rather than having all the stress of not knowing what is coming.

I don't know to be honest, would have to bring in I.D and prove of address and don't have time tonight, am working at 10pm, was hoping he'd call back considering we rang them.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    It's not about whether or not you have a TV, more so the ability to receive a signal, afaik.

Yup, even if you have a broken tv that it's possible to fix, you have to have a licence for it, so stupid.
    They came after my housemate the other night for a parking ticket he hadn't paid (he'd already got a summons by post and left it unopened). Thats taken 9 months, I sincerely doubt they're any faster about tv licences. So calm down until you know what the story is love :) *hugs*

Hopefully :) Thanks :)

Mightily pissed off, had to throw my sea bass into the bin, used the griddle pan to cook it and it stuck to the pan and broke into little bits when I eventually managed to turn it :( Couldn't eat it like that so binned it, such a waste of money and food. And I'm starving.

Was in a good mood and now I'm in a crap mood, thanks to it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

SarahBeep! and KittyeeTrix and everybody else who had exams today, I really hope they went well. :)

Susie_Q- Congratulations and best of luck in your interview next week! :)

Kiera I hope you're little nephew is okay now. Must be awful seeing the poor little mite so upset. x

Acoshla - Don't cut your hair on a whim. Although I have done it and not regretted it tbh. Also got my ears pierced about a year ago on a whim. Passed by the shop and said "Feck it, I'm getting my ears pierced again." I have 4 in my left year and 3 in my right. Also, go to the ball! Support the animals! :D

Vodkat that's so cute. :D

Spent the last hour deciding what to wear to a 21st I'm going to with my bf tomorrow night. Have decided on a black top, royal blue skinny jeans and shoes that are like these but with a strap across the front. :) Said BYOB on the invitation so I gots me a small bottle of JD. :D

Also tasted mixed fruit Kopparberg for the first time earlier. Yum! :D

Bought Mockingjay in Portlaoise while I was in there and I've had to resist reading the blurb because I'm still waiting for Catching Fire. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

God, some changing room mirrors are soul-destroying.

Also, pulled a muscle in my neck trying to get a dress off me.

I'm not a natural shopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

one of good friends from home but living in dublin is back to just ignoring me, he was home over easter and i guess i should have known he was bored and so we met up to go out and go for coffee etc. he's back in dublin again at work.

He knew i was starting new thing this wk, something we have in common and i texted him to say Ah, i'm starting next week (as in last monday) and he knew it a big deal for me as this has been coming up for last few months and i was talking about it.
    and i've not heard a thing.
    My best friends phoned and texted to wish me luck and ask me how i got on etc but not a thing from him.

I dont know why its bugging me sooooo bloody much but it is! and i've mailed him links about other things not related to my thing cos i do that anyway but nothing in 2 weeks.

Hurting !

Wish i could just not care about people sometimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Exam went so well this morning, happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Twirl bites! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Susie good luck with the second round interview, fingers crossed!

Kiera sorry to hear your nephew is so upset. It must be hard, hugs x

Acoshla if you can try upload a picture of you onto one of those online hair cut things to see what it would look like on you? I wish I had done that before I got mine chopped! It has grown a lot since Xmas when I got it done but I still miss my long hair!

Novella glad the exam went well!

My trial day in the new job went really well today. I chilling out on the couch with the OH now and a Malibu and coke after a steak earlier :) om nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Exam went well enough I think..... Had loads more to write but everyone in the class was the same!!
    It's a new module that has only been introduced this year and even our lecturer was quite unsure as to whether she'd asked too much of us in the time given in the exam...
    We as a collective feel she has so our class rep is gonna email her to let her know and hopefully they'll take that into account upon marking.

Am shattered now though. Having glass of wine and glorious sleep soon...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone...

Hope ye are all doing well, those doing exams and those not:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Splitting headache, time for bed and lotssssss of sleep so I can do stuff tomorrow! First exam in Monday and I think it'll be okay but the ones on Wednesday and Friday are terrifying me. Exams are the worst -.-

Glad to hear the exams went well Novella and KittyeeTrix :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement