Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

Also, pulled a muscle in my neck trying to get a dress off me.

I did the exact same thing trying to get out of a dress in Penney's last week - it was tight around the shoulders coming off and I started to panic that I'd be stuck in it, did some mad body contortions and got out but my neck was in bits afterwards. Still bought it though, it was a lovely dress :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The excitement of debugging a programme that has spent days acting like a bastard. :)

Goggles snapped in the pool tonight. Couldn't get them to sit right and kept fiddling with them then they broke cos I kept pulling on them. Couldn't get anything right all night. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've been going around all day humming the song "One Horse Open Sleigh" to myself and I have no idea why.

I mean, why am I humming Christmas songs in April? :confused:

I can't even find a good video of it on Youtube. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've been going around all day humming the song "One Horse Open Sleigh" to myself and I have no idea why.

....jingle bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'd love an ice-cream. :)

Finding The Hunger Games Aventures on Facebook to be very temperamental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

This is the 2nd thing I've read about christmas in about a minute, the other was on FB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

One of my friends came and picked me up at 9 and brought me down to his for cans to cheer me up. Sound :)

Pity I started falling asleep a few mins ago and had to come home to bed. Great night. Just what I needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'm thinking of staying up late to study. I work better at night anyway, mainly because it's quiet.

That said, i could end up spending the next six hours trying to finish this...kind of enjoying what I'm studying at the minute though :). No big scary fraction/algebra/chemistry thingies with formulas to understand.

....I'm really hoping the fact that all your exams seem to be going well is a good omen for me!

kate.m wrote: »
    I'm thinking of staying up late to study. I work better at night anyway, mainly because it's quiet.

That said, i could end up spending the next six hours trying to finish this...kind of enjoying what I'm studying at the minute though :). No big scary fraction/algebra/chemistry thingies with formulas to understand.

....I'm really hoping the fact that all your exams seem to be going well is a good omen for me!
    Well if it's something you enjoy rather than something you have to do then go for it. Best of luck, hon :)

Can't wait to see my bf tomorrow. :D

Also can't wait to see him in a suit at the wedding we're going to.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Couldn’t sleep last night so ended up with having only 2 hours sleep. Saw 5.22am on my bedside clock and was up at 7.30. Was a bit of a zombie this morning as a result. Exam was meh. Could have been better, could have been worse. Annoyed with myself about one part of it but at least I have it over with. :)

Interview in the morning. Really nervous already. :( Had a bit of a meltdown earlier when I tried to copy the reference my tutor gave me today and both of our printers wouldn’t work. Just my luck. Managed to get one of them to work in the end but I really could have done without the hassle. I don’t think I’ll sleep tonight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Kiera wrote: »
    Pity I started falling asleep a few mins ago and had to come home to bed. Great night. Just what I needed :)
    The best nights are the ones when you suddenly realising you've unknowingly been fighting sleep for ages. Too much fun to pay attention to the sleepiness!

Best of luck to everyone with exams, you guys are troopers!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Best of luck with the interview Mollikins! :)

Finding it difficult to sleep myself lately. :(

Best of luck in the morning Mollykins. :D

I'm the same with sleeping. I can fall asleep okay but then find it hard to stay asleep for more than a couple of hours at a time.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Kiera wrote: »
    The best nights are the ones when you suddenly realising you've unknowingly been fighting sleep for ages. Too much fun to pay attention to the sleepiness!

Best of luck to everyone with exams, you guys are troopers!
    I know and then I get home and I'm wide awake. Grrrrr!

3 of us have draw something games going on with different people and if anyone was looking in the window they would have thought we were so unsocialable. But the laugh we had trying to figure out the pictures and for them trying to figure out wtf kind of pics I was sending to people :p

Fun fun fun. Now someone knock me out please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Larianne wrote: »
    Best of luck with the interview Mollikins! :)

Finding it difficult to sleep myself lately. :(
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Best of luck in the morning Mollykins. :D

I'm the same with sleeping. I can fall asleep okay but then find it hard to stay asleep for more than a couple of hours at a time.

Thanks ladies. :) I think I’ll need it.

Fairly scared I’ll mess it up because I’m just so nervous. I think I want this job a bit too much.

Hope ye get to nod off soon. *makes soothing whale noises* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

How do you go from wanting to murder people one minute to being incredibly grateful they are in your life the next? Think I'm seriously going mental at the moment....

How do you go from wanting to murder people one minute to being incredibly grateful they are in your life the next? Think I'm seriously going mental at the moment....

I know the feeling, trust me. :)

Think it's time for bed. Night night everybody. :) xx

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Twirl bites! <3

Excellently made point, but Bitsa Wispa......:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ok so tonight wasnt so bad!

i explained everything to everyone and they were so supportive! :)

cheesy toast nom!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

also can we have a boards beer soon??

i really wanna have one before i leave dublin and move home for the future (which i really really really dont wanna do :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have been in such a normal, happy mood for months now that it's just a bit weird. I know I'm due a bad patch, as they always happen every 3 or 4 months...just want it to be over with already! :mad: Weird thing to want, but oh well.

Brought the new dog for a walk to the lakes today! He is scared of water! The poor guy. He just kinda looked in the lake confused at what he was supposed to do and then just started drinking the water! :rolleyes: Might go swimming in a few days in a wetsuit and bring him. He should be a swimmer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I love my job, I really do but its so difficult sometimes. I just wanna go home to my bed & be cuddled :(
    At one point tonight we had 3 detective cars ( 6 detectives) & an ambulance here and that was only an hour after my shift started :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

People who schedule exams on Saturdays should be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thunder, lightning and rain this afternoon in Bhubaneswar. Sitting on the couch reading reports with the windows open, it looks mental out there and it's lovely! Only 12.30pm and it's so dark it could be nighttime. Will try to take some pics :)

I'd love some homemade brown bread and rashers but am too lazy to go make them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good luck today Mollikins! xx

And best of luck to Sillymo and anybody else with exams today. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sillymoo wrote: »
    People who schedule exams on Saturdays should be shot.
    And Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Feeling sorry for myself. My throat and mouth are so sore. I could cry at the thought of getting up but I have something I can't get out of. Am dreading trying to eat. Even sipping water is very painful. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The neighbours are putting on an extension to their house, and usually the builders aren't around at weekends. This morning though, angle grinders were up and running at 9am. Talk about being jolted awake!

That's my first world problem of the day :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement