Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Does anyone know who delivers court summonses? Is it the gardai?

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

With my 10yr old nephew at the mo who is inconsolable about his mammy. He's sobbing his little heart out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Such a weird, head-wrecking day at work.

When will it be home time?

awec wrote: »
    Can be hand delivered by a guard or sent registered post.

It'll depend what you're being summonsed for.

If it's for not paying your tv licence would they send the guards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Kiera wrote: »
    With my 10yr old nephew at the mo who is inconsolable about his mammy. He's sobbing his little heart out :(
    Hope everything is OK Kiera.

It's horrible seeing kids upset, no matter what age they are.

Hope everything is OK Kiera.

It's horrible seeing kids upset, no matter what age they are.
    Yup and there's feck all I can do but cuddle him and tell how much I love him. It's horrible so see someone so small so sad.

Yup and there's feck all I can do but cuddle him and tell how much I love him. It's horrible so see someone so small so sad.
    Poor little guy :( At least he knows your there for him if he ever needs you, you can't do more than that and that can hurt sometimes. You want to take the pain and sadness away and can't and in turn that hurts you.

*hugs* I hope he'll be okay soon.

Doubt it. Post.

You'd get a warning letter first though.

Then why were the guards just at my door :confused:

The tv licence thing is the only reason I can think of unless somethin really bad has happened :(

Do I ring them and ask them to call back??

• Advertisement

Why didn't you answer it? :p

Probably a summons then. :(

I'm on night duty tonight so i was asleep in bed, and by the time I got up and dressed to answer the door I looked out my bedroom window and he was walking away & gettin into his car :(

I can't get a summons :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Ooh that's a big confidence booster, isn't it? You're obviously doing everything right ;):)

It was at first, thinking about it has made me freak out a little though :o I know my results this year won't be spectacular so I'm now wondering if when he sees that he changes his mind :p Ah sure, more information can't hurt! :)

I went to the library in town today to study. Took a break to get some lunch and I bumped into an old friend who I haven't seen in AGES. Literally 18 months or so. We went for an impromptu coffee and chat and it was amazing. :D So much fun to catch up, and she gave me some useful advice and guidance. We're planning to spend a day together and have the craic once my exams are over. Certainly put a smile on my face, especially considering I hadn't been in the best mood beforehand. :)

Pay your license, but now that the summons has been issued you'll probably have to appear in court anyway, even if just to say "i've paid it".

I guess...

I'd have a tv licence if I could afford it.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

my friend is having a house party tonight
    one of my friends text me asking if i was going i said i dunno doubt it
    then he said dont be an idiot just come
    so i said ok
    and texts me do we need a serious chat
    so i said ok ill go i know i wont like the chat but ill have to hear it

then my other friend texts if you wanna go then go if you dont then just stay at home....

im kinda scared now but ill make myself go... :(

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Pay your license, but now that the summons has been issued you'll probably have to appear in court anyway, even if just to say "i've paid it".

I guess...

I'd have a tv licence if I could afford it.. :o
    If you can't pay 160 now you'll be screwed when you have to pay 1000 in court. That's how much my friend was done for.

If you can't pay 160 now you'll be screwed when you have to pay 1000 in court. That's how much my friend was done for.

Yup which is why I'm here in tears.

Yup which is why I'm here in tears.
    Ah crap, I'm sorry.

• Advertisement

have you got a TV?

there's a tv in the house, yeah, but it's not mine, it's my bfs, don't think that matters though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I have a serious first world problem right now, trying to decide whether to cut a load of my hair off or not...hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I'm on holidays from work for over a week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I'm on night duty tonight so i was asleep in bed, and by the time I got up and dressed to answer the door I looked out my bedroom window and he was walking away & gettin into his car :(

I can't get a summons :(

It could be something totally un-related. We had one stop by because a place near by got robbed and they just were checking to see if we had seen anything suspicious.

Acoshla wrote: »
    I have a serious first world problem right now, trying to decide whether to cut a load of my hair off or not...hmmm...
    Think about it for a while before you do anything.

Don't go mad and get it done on a whim.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Not! Always not!

jujibee wrote: »
    It could be something totally un-related. We had one stop by because a place near by got robbed and they just were checking to see if we had seen anything suspicious.

I hope so, I'm really worried :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

there's a tv in the house, yeah, but it's not mine, it's my bfs, don't think that matters though.
    Can he not pay it himself- or sort out a way to pay it between ye? :confused:

Sorry about your nephew, Kiera. It's bad enough being sad yourself, but it can be worse sometimes to see someone you love being so heartbroken. All you can do is be there for him when he needs you. :(

Acoshla- never cut hair on a whim! Nooo!

jujibee wrote: »

I hope so, I'm really worried :(
    Has there been any break ins lately?

• Advertisement

Has there been any break ins lately?

Not that I've heard of, but I don't really know any of the neighbours or anyone around me so I wouldn't hear about something like that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement