Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    Somebody's pinning a mistake that they made on me, just what I need at 10pm after a 3 hour drive.

I want to win the lotto and not have to deal with people ever again.
    Just cause people were mean to you I'll let you win the lotto this week. I'm kinda nice like that. It's all mine the week after tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I think the world waits for special moments for things like this to happen. For possibly the first day in months I was feeling in control of my life, that I'm not a disorganised excuse of a person, and that maybe I don't suck at working in general, and then this happens, just to take me down a peg or 17, and it's not even my fault but I'm the one that feels like the fool.

It's just sorted now anyway, time for some angry sleep, GOODNIGHT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Somebody's pinning a mistake that they made on me, just what I need at 10pm after a 3 hour drive.
    maybe I don't suck at working in general

Well it was their mistake, so you definitely don't suck at working in general. Plus, you make an impressive cake, and people who make impressive cakes don't suck at working.

All the same, I wish you good luck in the lottery and hope your angry sleep is refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I think the world waits for special moments for things like this to happen. For possibly the first day in months I was feeling in control of my life, that I'm not a disorganised excuse of a person, and that maybe I don't suck at working in general, and then this happens, just to take me down a peg or 17, and it's not even my fault but I'm the one that feels like the fool.

It's just sorted now anyway, time for some angry sleep, GOODNIGHT!!!
    Oh you should never go to bed angry, you won't sleep and will be grumpy tomorrow. Have a bath, eat cake and drink some tea first. And maybe watch something funny on tv/YouTube :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just sent off an application for a lecturing position....................in Malawi :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I miss my brother and sister in law.
    i miss my sister.
    I miss my other brother.
    I miss some friends that I havent seen them in months / years some of them.
    I miss my best friend though i only saw him last night, its not the same as it used to be.
    I miss my granny RIP.
    I miss my cousins.
    i miss my cat
    i miss my ex-boyf
    I'm in that kind of mood that i re- realising that everyone is gone or leaving.
    and its only gonna keep going like this. I'm not the only one i know but tonight i'm very sad about it.
    I miss my old house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Laptop crashed:(

A blue screen with loads of writing appeared, I didn't even get to finish the first sentence and it was gone, no idea what it was about

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh you should never go to bed angry, you won't sleep and will be grumpy tomorrow. Have a bath, eat cake and drink some tea first. And maybe watch something funny on tv/YouTube :)

Don't have a bath, am sick of cake and don't have any, and can't be bothered making tea. Me and boyfriend were meant to snuggle up and watch a movie before all this but he went to bed at 10 and promptly fell asleep while I freaked out, could kill him.

Think it's time for doggy cuddles and Mad Men. I am so angry at the world and stupid people right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Orla K wrote: »

A blue screen with loads of writing appeared, I didn't even get to finish the first sentence and it was gone, no idea what it was about

Blue Screen of Death :eek:

Will it turn back on? I got the BSoD a while back but my laptop revived itself, bless it *pats laptop*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Blue Screen of Death :eek:

Will it turn back on? I got the BSoD a while back but my laptop revived itself, bless it *pats laptop*

On it now, don't know what happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Think it's time for doggy cuddles and Mad Men. I am so angry at the world and stupid people right now.

Doggy is definately the best plan of action then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Just watched Temple Grandin again. Such a brilliant film. She's a remarkable, remarkable woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My MP3 player is being a bollox. Whenever I want to transfer new music onto it, I have to completely erase all the m usic off it and transfer it all back again. Bloody tedious if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gin Fizz

Just made a lovely meal of fish. It's not often I make a good meal with fish so I'm nice and proud of myself

Gin Fizz wrote: »
    Just made a lovely meal of fish. It's not often I make a good meal with fish so I'm nice and proud of myself

Had salmon for dinner, I love fish, yum.

I only like firm white fish! Or the odd prawn. No other fish or any other seafood!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had great intentions of staying in Dublin for the weekend. We got tomorrow off and I get the first bus back home.

I'm such a sap!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Afternoon tea at Bang restaurant followed by delicious red wine in The Shelbourne. Love birthday celebrations. An excuse to fancy it up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Doggy is definately the best plan of action then :)

If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

Dammit.... :P :D

Kiera wont be happy you beat her to that one!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

banged my toe of a step running up the stairs.........owwwwwwwwwwwwww >_<

Going out with my crush on Saturday. He's been out of the country and only just got back so I must try not to appear to eager to see him. :p

Still awake, still upset, gah.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

cdaly_ wrote: »
    And in keeping with the new tone of the thread, I'm just back from paying somebody to inflict pain on me...:p

Wasn't till I quoted the message that I saw what that was! My mother fot something similar done, doctor said it would take 4 or 5 session to get rid of all the things, not quite sure what they were - but anyway, they were gone after 1 session, doc was amazed at my mothers level of pain tolerance.
    Orla K wrote: »

BSOD - thats grand, once your laptop comes back on again, normally means that something went very badly wrong, and it crashed itself to prevent any damage. If it keeps happening, then I'd get worried!

This refluex is getting worse - was going out the door to the meeting and coughing and spluttering. And I don't feel stressed tbh, mentally I had this thing that I know there is a huge amount to do, but I'm capable of getting it done! So why is my body betraying me??? Can't eat a lot of food now because of it, because I'd bring it back up again. If it keeps going on, I'll have to go back to the doc - and I was doing so well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I found 50 Euro in my car! :D

Oh great! I was wondering where that went to...

Wait, what was I doing in your car?...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

McChubbin wrote: »
    My MP3 player is being a bollox. Whenever I want to transfer new music onto it, I have to completely erase all the m usic off it and transfer it all back again. Bloody tedious if you ask me.

Might be worth doing a filesystem check on it. Or even deleting and remaking the filesystem.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Might be worth doing a filesystem check on it. Or even deleting and remaking the filesystem.
    How would I go about doing that? It's a Creative Zen Style.

I can't believe I never noticed this thread before.

He is continuously making me smile.

Eeeeeeeeeeeep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Decided I want to see a cricket match while I'm still here in India. I don't know the rules and can't follow a game to save my life, but it's such a big part of the culture here it would mad not to.

Instead of starting easy and going to a small local game, I've just gotten tickets to a match in Calcutta in a few weeks time... the stadium holds 90,000 people! Couple that with 40 degree heat and we have a very interesting day planned. Yowza!

Also where are all the pics of men in lovely suits for us to gawp at? Was that just a dream? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Also where are all the pics of men in lovely suits for us to gawp at? Was that just a dream? :(

Fine, I'll dig out my diploma graduation pics.

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement