Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It's almost as bad as that stupid business jargon.

"Let's touch base about this again"

or

"I wanna hit the ground running"

BAH!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

there is a special place in hell for people using "revert"

IT DOES NOT MEAN REPLY
    !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Where’s Das with the hawt Italian pic???

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Don’t want to drag things over from V4 but I just want to say thanks to everyone that posted with kind words and advice. It really means a lot that you took the time to post and try to help me out. :) I wish I could be more open but alas I’m just not that kind of person.

Still really busy with college stuff unfortunately. I just want it all to be over. Loved the course all year so I feel bad about wishing it was over.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I also wish UPC would Fck off ringing me. I've heard from them 7 times in the past three days. I'm not signing up to anything over the phone so naff off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Maple wrote: »
    I also wish UPC would Fck off ringing me. I've heard from them 7 times in the past three days. I'm not signing up to anything over the phone so naff off.

threaten to sue them for harassment
    then they should stop calling you ever again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

bluewolf wrote: »
    there is a special place in hell for people using "revert"

IT DOES NOT MEAN REPLY
    !!!
    :pac: Use this every day a million times a day.

What should I be saying? Apart from bog off and bother someone else with your nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    threaten to sue them for harassment
    then they should stop calling you ever again

or...OR pretend your a sexline and ask them how big their package is.

Maple wrote: »
    :pac: Use this every day a million times a day.

What should I be saying? Apart from bog off and bother someone else with your nonsense?

noooo T_T
    i'm sorry Maple i'll have to stop speaking to you now
    :pac:

revert is the opposite of convert
    just say reply or respond

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I found my old notes from first year this morning during a huge session of rooting through every bit of paper I own to find my third year notes hidden in there somewhere. Not only did I find the first ever page of notes for my course (the one I wish I was majoring in despite NEVER planning to take it), which reads "Celtic Civilisation, Lecture One, 23/9/09" and just a blank page - start as I mean to go on much? - but also notes I'd written to friends and them back when we were bored in lectures. Lots of hangman figures with boys names in them and things about the night before, stuff I'd completely forgotten about. All before the boys who have shaped the last two years of our lives ever entered them, its mad, we're totally different now!
    And after eventually finding the third year notes, I'm part of the way through typing up ones for a module that has a million pieces of paper, and the rest are all organised. Ignoring the fact that I'm destined to fail Economics by the sheer lack of notes I have, I'm happy out really :)

That not knowing you're pregnant thing is TERRIFYING, like if everything is happening as normal.... *paranoia*.

Happy Thursday ladies :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i was walking back to college today when i saw a man near the pedestrian crossing
    he was blind, so i though id go over and see if he was ok
    he explained that he was trying to get a bus to town but someone had basically abandoned him there
    so naturally i offered him some help
    so i had to bring him across to the nearest stop which was up and across the road.... (Fúcker pinched the absolute crap out of my arm but i cant be mad at him still though it hurt! :( )
    he had to wait for a specific bus so i said id just wait with him until that bus came to make sure he got it i had to wait 10 minutes with!

needless to say it got very awkward when i said "its lovely and sunny out" and he said "is it?!" FML how embarrassing :o

i did a good deed and made an ass out of myself all the one time! hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i was walking back to college today when i saw a man near the pedestrian crossing
    he explained that he was trying to get a bus to town but someone had basically abandoned him there
    so i had to bring him across to the nearest stop which was up and across the road.... (Fúcker pinched the absolute crap out of my arm but i cant be mad at him still though it hurt! :( )
    he had to wait for a specific bus so i said id just wait with him until that bus came to make sure he got it i had to wait 10 minutes with!

needless to say it got very awkward when i said "its lovely and sunny out" and he said "is it?!" FML how embarrassing :o

thats really sweet, fair play for doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Gah, date didn't go as well as I'd expected. It was grand, but just grand and he's a lovely, lovely chap but there are just a few niggley things that are putting me off.. I'm going to give it another chance, maybe he's a grower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

krudler wrote: »
    thats really sweet, fair play for doing that.

thanks! :)

i couldnt leave him.....i had to help...id feel like an absolute horrible person if i left him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

EmilyO wrote: »
    My friend and my bf's sister have both had babies this week, so half my wages will be going on presents (which I don't mind at all). However, my friend, who's 19, didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labour :eek:
    Dolorous wrote: »
    This also happened to an acquaintance of mine, she went into hospital thinking she was dying :eek: I had seen her a few weeks before and there was no bump, little pot belly at best. The baby was perfectly healthy too. Another woman who used to work in my building found out she was pregnant at 7 months, her weight was disguising the bump! Both women were having periods and had no other signs that they might be pregnant, scary!

That not knowing you're pregnant thing is TERRIFYING, like if everything is happening as normal.... *paranoia*.

This is freaking the hell out of me! Maybe TMI so
    Period pains (which I don't usually get because of the pill I'm on!!!) are almost exactly like early labour pains as I remember them. But then It's kinda hard to remember what period pains are like when you havn't had them properly in over 2 years!!!! So yeah I'm either just really paranoid because of hearing that or up the duff? :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

bf brought me home cherry coke... Knew there was a reason I kept him around :D

excited about looking at apartments tomorrow, cannot wait to be back living in Limerick :)

Hope everyone had a good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Susie_Q wrote: »

Just had really good North Indian veg thali for lunch - a thali is basically a plate with sub-sections and in each section you get a different veg dish. Looks like this:

TeacherSaysKmLongerThanMile-1.jpg

It was very very very tasty and I am very very very full.

OMG that looks gorgeous! I love Indian food but himself doesn't so we never have it
    OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Boy went down to the shop and I asked him to get me something nice, he ends up bringing me back something that I've disliked since I was a kid! I've told him on several occasions that I dislike this!

I wanted a muffin :(

Hate when that happens! I know they mean well but seriously... don't buy me something you like yourself!
    Kiera wrote: »
    Where's Acoshla btw?

I was wondering that myself, hope shes ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Julybreeze wrote: »
    maybe he's a grower.

^^^

Expecting Kiera in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

The cat decided she didn't want to eat out of her bowl so she stuck her head into the bag of dry food, it was mostly empty and it ended up on it's side with the cat mostly in the bag, she was there for a few minutes eating. I took a pic but it's on my phone and can't upload it anywhere.

Julybreeze wrote: »
    maybe he's a grower.

^^^

Expecting Kiera in

Had something typed out and all but thought I'd wait and see if someone else picked up on it too :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I'm going to be serious Kiera in this thread I've decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

^^^

Expecting Kiera in

Had something typed out and all but thought I'd wait and see if someone else picked up on it too :D

Bahahaha. My bad, whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Watched a video of a relative of mine who died recently after a long battle with cancer. The last time I saw him, he looked a shadow of who he was, and that was all I could remember of him.

Anyway, this vid had pictures of him while he was healthy, and it was great to see him that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I love this women. Just love the accent.
    Would love a dinner with her.:)

ah sure he can feel the sun even if he couldnt see it plus you were telling him, so it wasn't embarrassing!
    that was nice of you to do

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

tomissex wrote: »
    Took some solpadeine and my mam gave me a gel thing to rub into my neck but my word it's still incredibly sore! Work this evening will be fun.

Hot water bottle always helps!

figured out while I'm feeling like crap - think its my body's way of showing the stress I'm under. Realized it today when my acid reflux was kicking up,
    felt like I was going to vomit even though I had not eaten anything this morning, was coughing so badly
    and my neck is pretty stiff as well from the way I'm sitting on the chair.

Meeting tonight - I'm gonna fall asleep during it!

Anyone wrote: »
    Watched a video of a relative of mine who died recently after a long battle with cancer. The last time I saw him, he looked a shadow of who he was, and that was all I could remember of him.

Anyway, this vid had pictures of him while he was healthy, and it was great to see him that way.
    Fair play to you for being strong enough to watch it. I still can't watch vids of my sister a year and a half later. I think hearing her voice again would destroy me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Fair play to you for being strong enough to watch it. I still can't watch vids of my sister a year and a half later. I think hearing her voice again would destroy me right now.

Yeah I was 50/50 to watch it or not, but glad I did. I saw him a month before he died, and between the illness and the treatment, he didnt look like him....and that was my memory....which has been replaced now by far better/happier images.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I had something typed out as well but didn't want to get told off for an AH response! :pac:
    Why do you keep deleting posts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement