Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

They're the nicest chicken wings in the whole world!

Today was my first time having them and they definitely live up to the hype! :) Unlike Nando's, which I thought was pretty average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Now in a grump due to a discussion I'm having regarding what happens after June. By the looks of things, nothing is going to change. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

cdaly_ wrote: »
    :eek:
    Dolorous wrote: »
    This also happened to an acquaintance of mine, she went into hospital thinking she was dying :eek: I had seen her a few weeks before and there was no bump, little pot belly at best. The baby was perfectly healthy too. Another woman who used to work in my building found out she was pregnant at 7 months, her weight was disguising the bump! Both women were having periods and had no other signs that they might be pregnant, scary!

Yeah, it's so frightening! She was still having periods, and the weight gain wasn't that noticeable on her. Last time I saw her we were chatting about a possible night out, I can't process the fact that she's now a mother. It's already huge gossip, stupid small town :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Been a really crappy week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I've got caramel squares cooling in the fridge, ohhh yes :D If you lot behave I might share :p
    Okay - 10k posts already...

Here's some carb-filled sticky loveliness for all:

6a00d83518d15e53ef00e5537058fb8833-800wi.jpg
    Susie_Q wrote: »

Just had really good North Indian veg thali for lunch - a thali is basically a plate with sub-sections and in each section you get a different veg dish. Looks like this:

TeacherSaysKmLongerThanMile-1.jpg

It was very very very tasty and I am very very very full.

Woop to the new thread!
    308480_217755078291583_157505237649901_580173_763028923_n_large.jpg

And its all sunny, so hopefully that will stay and today will be a happy day!
    Novella wrote: »
    Elephant and Castle chicken wings are actually amazing.

I have come to the conclusion the members of The Ladies Lounge lurve their food :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had them for the first time two weeks ago, after hearing about them probably 10 years ago. We got lucky and they had a table before we went to Derren Brown. I was sorry that I ordered the steak for main course and didn't just have a bucket to myself.

Sometimes I annoy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Exam went pretty well :D my circuit worked!! :D Have a tleast 10/20, so frigging happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Next tLL beers in Elephant and Castle, so!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Are they related to the Elephant and Castle bars that are in the US and Canada?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I had them for the first time two weeks ago, after hearing about them probably 10 years ago. We got lucky and they had a table before we went to Derren Brown. I was sorry that I ordered the steak for main course and didn't just have a bucket to myself.

I regretted ordering my main course too! Myself and my friend shared the chicken wings as a starter but the couple beside us had one each and I was so jealous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I approve!
    (of beers in E&C)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

jujibee wrote: »
    Are they related to the Elephant and Castle bars that are in the US and Canada?

Yep, same crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Tribeca > Elephant & Castle.

Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Might need to arrange a Dublin trip just for the wings :) I miss really good wings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Sobbing my heart out at long lost families :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

i was walking back to college today when i saw a man near the pedestrian crossing
    he was blind, so i though id go over and see if he was ok
    he explained that he was trying to get a bus to town but someone had basically abandoned him there
    so naturally i offered him some help
    so i had to bring him across to the nearest stop which was up and across the road.... (Fúcker pinched the absolute crap out of my arm but i cant be mad at him still though it hurt! :( )
    he had to wait for a specific bus so i said id just wait with him until that bus came to make sure he got it i had to wait 10 minutes with!

needless to say it got very awkward when i said "its lovely and sunny out" and he said "is it?!" FML how embarrassing :o

i did a good deed and made an ass out of myself all the one time! hahahaha

Wouldn't worry about it, tbh. One of the things they say about working with disabled people is not to feel you've to overly sensitive in the language you use. Easier said than done, of course.
    Do not avoid using words like “run” or “jump” when in conversation with a wheelchair user or words like “look” or “see” when talking to a blind person – they say these things too.

Sounds like you were being decent and human anyway. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Kiera wrote: »

Me too. These shows really get me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I've had way better chicken wings than Elephant & Castles. They are freakin tiny and over priced

UpCork wrote: »

Me too. These shows really get me :(
    It's a mix of happiness and loss for them all. I think this is the first time I've cried this year and I can't stop now. Thank god it's over at 10.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

benandjerry.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I read this
    **Orphaned Ducklings** These 12 barely day old ducklings arrived at the shelter today. We got a phone call from a very kind man who came across these poor little mites. He noticed a car stopped in the middle of the road and got out to see if everything was ok. He was then told that the mother duck was hit by a car and she was killed while trying to bring her babies to safety. He was able to round up three of the ducklings and put them in a box, the other 9 ducklings all were hiding in the nearby ditch. We called two of our volunteers Liz & George who lived close by to go in search of the other ducklings. Thankfully all were rounded up and brought to our new wildlife unit.
    All 12 ducklings are eating and drinking well and we hope that they will all survive to be released back to the wild. If we don’t try and safe them then the entire mother ducks hard work and devotion to her ducklings would have been for nothing.

And I thought it said that they ate the ducklings rather than the ducklings had eaten :o

benandjerry.jpeg
    Awww I heart you :)

Laughing my head off at the video message my BF just sent me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I found 50 Euro in my car! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

524408_10151490273355285_553930284_23403094_2115323326_n.jpg

Just in case anyone is feeling kinds sh*tty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/13-simple-steps-to-get-you-through-a-rough-day

Lots of (non-foody) stuff in there for smiles :) Worked on me anyway, though my moods are now going up and down, damn you hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    524408_10151490273355285_553930284_23403094_2115323326_n.jpg

Just in case anyone is feeling kinds sh*tty :)

I wasn't feeling bad, but I'm feeling significantly better now. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Somebody's pinning a mistake that they made on me, just what I need at 10pm after a 3 hour drive.

I want to win the lotto and not have to deal with people ever again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement