Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

^^^

Ok, so it's kind of becoming clear that I never want to do any sort of real work.

Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I've just had the best idea!

We start a thread with just emoticons in the first post, all arranged differently by spacing. And then move them around from post to post so that if you load a lot of posts in the same page and scroll really fast, it looks like they're dancing.

It shall be called the emoticon ballet! :D
    You are a genius. This is an excellent idea! :D:D:D

Tetris Theme could be the music behind it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

No no no Kiera, just think of the daftness as more of a challenge.

Also, it might make him less easy to shock. ;)

You cant have two challenged people in a relationship. Plus he’s Das bit of fluff.

I’ll stick with the lads in here for now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I was looking for a childhood photograph to frame for my cousin's 18th. I found hundreds of others too. It was actually really nice to look through them all. :)

(I got the idea to give her an old photo from watching That 70s Show. :cool:)

Myself and my mom, granddad and grand uncle went through loads of old photos last week, getting the two guys to name as many people as possible in them and saving the info. We have photos of my great grandmother (their mum) with her first two of her 7 sons in 1920ish, original photographer photos on their card frames, gorgeous. We have 100's saved onto computers now and uploaded to a family fb page so everyone can see them, as we're scattered at two sides of the country. I love looking at them, about 100 years worth of photos is amazing.

We also found my other great grandparents marriage cert, they were married in the church I'm getting married in :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    Myself and my mom, granddad and grand uncle went through loads of old photos last week, getting the two guys to name as many people as possible in them and saving the info. We have photos of my great grandmother (their mum) with her first two of her 7 sons in 1920ish, original photographer photos on their card frames, gorgeous. We have 100's saved onto computers now and uploaded to a family fb page so everyone can see them, as we're scattered at two sides of the country. I love looking at them, about 100 years worth of photos is amazing.

We also found my other great grandparents marriage cert, they were married in the church I'm getting married in :)

I love that kind of thing!

Do you feel any better today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Every day I think, "Okay, tomorrow I will definitely study" but then tomorrow becomes today and studying still doesn't happen. If I studied as much as I thought about studying or even as much as I mentioned it, I'd probably have won a Nobel prize for my smarts by now.

I’m buying a floor steamer after work today and I’m excited about it :o

Novella wrote: »
    Every day I think, "Okay, tomorrow I will definitely study" but then tomorrow becomes today and studying still doesn't happen. If I studied as much as I thought about studying or even as much as I mentioned it, I'd probably have won a Nobel prize for my smarts by now.
    I know the feeling. I was sort of a little bit studious yesterday and now I feel I deserve a break. I do not, however, deserve a break.

I need to study. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

awec wrote: »
    You are getting crazier and crazier. :eek: :P How do men keep up with you? :pac:

getting steamy on the floor, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

About a month ago I did the same thing with my father. I made sure to get as much information as possible off him about the older photographs and then I scanned them onto the laptop and then uploaded to my Picasa/Ancestry account to always have them safe.

Managed to sort out some of the stress that I've been going through. Still need to make a harsh decision but I think I know what I have to do. Sooo stressful though!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kiera wrote: »
    I’m buying a floor steamer after work today and I’m excited about it :o

You should spend your money on beers in Cassidy's instead.

You are getting crazier and crazier. :eek: :P How do men keep up with you? :pac:

They don’t, that’s why I’m single :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I love that kind of thing!

Do you feel any better today?

Yes, thanks :) Didn't get to sleep til nearly 2, felt pretty crap this morning but got up, got work done, and am chilling now with a pack of taytos after a lovely warm shower, waiting for my bestie to call over. Have a long day tomorrow, can't wait til BGT tomorrow evening! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Not on V6 yet Ladies?? Ah come on now!! :)

Haven't been here in agessss :eek: Have a lot of reading to catch up on! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

girlfriend is coming to visit tonight :)

also, I'm really excited about cooking for her this weekend. since I moved out from home, I've been enjoying cooking so much. my girlfriend is gluten intolerant, so I've been making sure I keep a keen eye on ingredients and everything, and I managed to find gluten free stock for the stew I'm going to cook tomorow. I'm also super proud of managing to completely stock up my fridge and get loads of good food on a pretty tight budget:

pDsXn.jpg?1

for tonight I've got a roast turkey breast joint, which I'm doing with some green beans, baby corn. and I'm cooking up a massive stew tomorrow, with the beef there and gluten free stock I got, and celery, baby mushrooms, carrots, parsnips and onions. It's going to be pretty damn awesome that's for sure. I've also stocked up on soups for lunch, and I've also got some wafer thin sliced chicken there too. I also got some gluten free black pudding, and some eggs so we can have a nice cooked breakfast on sunday. :)

I can't wait to get cooking :D

Oh and something I've meant to mention, since I've stopped washing my hair every day, it's looking loads better already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh and something I've meant to mention, since I've stopped washing my hair every day, it's looking loads better already :)

And how are the pores since you started using the Soap & Glory stuff?

I only wash my hair twice a week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That fridge is looking good links !

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    And how are the pores since you started using the Soap & Glory stuff?

I only wash my hair twice a week.

I think there's been an improvement alright, I do definitely like the stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Links234 wrote: »
    girlfriend is coming to visit tonight :)

also, I'm really excited about cooking for her this weekend. since I moved out from home, I've been enjoying cooking so much. my girlfriend is gluten intolerant, so I've been making sure I keep a keen eye on ingredients and everything, and I managed to find gluten free stock for the stew I'm going to cook tomorow. I'm also super proud of managing to completely stock up my fridge and get loads of good food on a pretty tight budget:

I can't wait to get cooking :D

That gluten free stock still has a gluten containing ingredient in it but in order for them to be called gluten free it as to contain less than x mg of gluten. Can't remember the number but I remember looking at the ingredients before and all the stocks(including the gluten free ones) they had a gluten containing ingredient and there didn't seem much difference between the gf ones and the non gluten free one.

I don't she'll get any pains from eating it but her gut won't get much of a chance to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

That is so cool!

My mother is the youngest of 8 so she doesn't have the family photos her older sisters do. They dont like letting them go either.... Ive got the names of my great grandparents but my great great grandparents are harder to find as one was single and Italian.... There is confusion over whether it was the male or the female that was Italian... I love looking at all that sort of stuff.

I was watching linda martin finding her roots and her granny was a servant and had linda martins mother out of wedlock and was a bigamist! She married one guy left him 5 or so years later and married another guy while claiming her husband was dead and he wasnt!

If i had the money i would go back and find my ancestors. I look up the free 1900's census now and then to be nosy :)

My car finally belongs to me! \o/

(The garage made a mistake and didn't spell my name correctly when they registered it so I didn't technically own it {no-one did, I guess} so I wouldn't have been able to tax it or anything. But now I can!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My car finally belongs to me! \o/

(The garage made a mistake and didn't spell my name correctly when they registered it so I didn't technically own it {no-one did, I guess} so I wouldn't have been able to tax it or anything. But now I can!)

Jeez, you should have let me know! I'd have been only too happy to let you tax mine! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Talking to my granny today, she was talking about getting a lift somewhere on a guys motorbike. The guy that she was engaged to before my grandfather, another guy that she was 'walking out with' that broke up that engagement, how she went on a date with my grandfather waved him goodbye and set about meeting the guy she was engaged/getting engaged to then hiding in a ditch from my grandfather(because he took a shortcut home that she wasn't expecting) and my grandfather meeting the other guy along the road and writing to my granny saying he looked like a monkey!

I'm shocked! I'm also not to tell my father!

Novella wrote: »
    Jeez, you should have let me know! I'd have been only too happy to let you tax mine! :pac:

Ok, I've looked up how much it'll cost to tax.

€225 for 12 months. :( I'm not quite as excited as I was.

Although the ability to continue to go to work is kind of necessary.

Let's find someone to tax both our cars! (Ok, that's my half of the plan, you have to come with the rest.)

Orla K wrote: »
    That gluten free stock still has a gluten containing ingredient in it but in order for them to be called gluten free it as to contain less than x mg of gluten. Can't remember the number but I remember looking at the ingredients before and all the stocks(including the gluten free ones) they had a gluten containing ingredient and there didn't seem much difference between the gf ones and the non gluten free one.

I don't she'll get any pains from eating it but her gut won't get much of a chance to heal.

yeah, I know that. she's not really bad, so she says it's ok
    I take it you like Pepsi links. :p

not really, just that my mum gave me a 3-pack of 1.5lt bottles she got really cheap :) I've only drank a small bit out of one bottle so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Got my nails done today :) special lil treat!

Sorry to hear about your dog Lia... I lost a pet over a year ago and it was awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement